Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It should be noted that the severity of the reaction by the International Association of Athletics Federations may well be because Seb Coe is trying to save his own skin after allegations that he's as honest as a Russian runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
No oval office in the Leave campaign bothered to give a plan for what happens to the Poles etc. who are already here. We've just jumped off a cliff because hateful morons told us that we could fly, and other hateful morons believed them.

If I could I would squat my way into Poland and try to hide among the returnees.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Pellisworth posted:

pretty sure Poles are non-squatting Slavs :v:

My ignorance on squat-status is just one of many reasons I can't.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They already admitted that curbing immigration and paying the EU fees (£350m per week that wasn't a real figure anyway) to the NHS were both lies. They literally admitted it within 24 hours. Everything they stood on was lies. The Leave campaign won by loving accident. It's internal Tory party leadership fighting gone wronger than anything since someone decided that something called "The Great War" would be a laugh.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
There's been some trouble aimed at immigrants in general I believe. I know there were cunty cards put through the doors of Poles in one area. The police should be on top of it, and given that a sitting MP was assassinated by a far-right extremist a week ago I fully expect they and MI5 to be falling on organised groups like a ton of bricks.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Well yeah, the whole point of a scape goat is to deflect blame.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Crowsbeak posted:

Now I am just pulling a hypothetical here, but wouldn't someone who wanted to deal with police horseman just arm their protestors with say wooden doles over two meters long?

You don't deal with cavalry by taking out the cavalryman. You deal with cavalry by taking out the horse.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm not an expert, but the machinery in that last picture looks like something from the bad side of Silent Hill.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The reason they're pointing out that it is the same pathologist who said David Kelly committed suicide is because a lot of people think Kelly was murdered and covered up as a suicide.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
But where does Prince Philip fit into this?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That it seems to have been a failure of the arrestor cable just adds a grim comic element to the crash.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm picturing Road Runner breezing through one of Wiley Coyote's traps.

But with more inexplicably dirty engines and human tragedy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That is what should be expected from any professional police force. It is horrifying to think that US police behaving like that would come as a genuine surprise nowadays.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Precisely. It's a direct result of a deeply unhealthy institutional culture that permeates US law enforcement, and goes hand in hand with the lack of national level standards for oversight and training that the US jurisdictional system uses.

It also, in no small part, is down to the preferential hiring of people with prior military training (which is fundamentally incompatible with responsible civilian 'frontline' policing) and, in all likelihood, an influx of cases of undiagnosed PTSD in the months and years after a period of US military-involved conflict draws to a close.

Also that whole thing of US police officers having literal attacks of 'roid rage.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 25, 2016

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That is giving Trump way way too much credit. Chamberlain was buying time for the military to build up because Britain wasn't ready to fight. Trump's a straight up bought and paid for Russian agent.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That actually goes some way to explain the rampant coerced gay prostitution/rape of conscripts in the RF military.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I guess the protests really worried Putin.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

steinrokkan posted:

The only cultists who have been insufferable in their interactions with me are the Hare Krishna. Those people should be lined up and shot.

You're halfway there already. They love forming lines.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
What the gently caress.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I stand by my previous statement.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

fishmech posted:

As to the British Army of the time, we've seen how lovely they ended up being with the whole Phony War period to build themselves up actively once the war started, what would they have achieved several years before?

Precisely, the whole "peace in our time" bollocks which has damned Chamberlain in the popular memory was an attempt to stall the Germans while Britain desperately tried to prepare for what they could see coming.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Possibly genuinely mentally disturbed 'journalist' FSB asset. Pals around with separatist war criminals in Ukraine. His Russian wife is, as I recall, on the creepy as gently caress side of very young compared to him.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah that's my recollection of the UK too. Cameras everywhere. Signs telling you there are cameras, also everywhere. Giant billboards showing an aerial view of the area within crosshairs and a slogan to the effect of "we have you in our sights", I think that one was about tracking down people who don't pay the BBC fee for using a TV ! Small placards reminding you to always keep your windows' curtains closed so that burglars can't know if your house is tempting or not.

Really dystopian.

The security service CCTV watches public spaces because we had 30 years of continuous bombing campaigns and assassinations by terrorists. The vast vast majority of CCTV in the UK is monitoring private business premises and property for the owners of those locations. None of it is allowed to record where there would be an expectation of privacy, which is why you see the signs in public places.

And the windows thing is just common sense. Who the gently caress doesn't close their windows when they go out?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Every western counter-espionage agency will be looking for travellers following that passport pattern. This could be a genuine disaster for the Russians, depending on just how hilariously lazy their prep has been.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
D&D LARP is pretty good. Even has a shitposter melting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I liked it when Graham appeared in the background and EU guy just draped a flag over his face.