Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Young Freud posted:

I was reading that Janes' analysis and was surprised that they shitted on missile defense. Deployment of 40 interceptors is only possible because ballistic missile defense hasn't been a priority since the fall of the USSR and, despite it's increasing technical feasibility, it's a red-headed stepchild in the Pentagon. The cost of the GMD program is something like $40 billion dollars by 2017, but, in comparison, that's a drop in the bucket to the $1.3 trillion dollars we've spent on the F-35 program, and we've gotten successful intercepts out of GMD and THAAD.

Now would be the time to put missile defense as a top priority. It would neutralize the Russians' perennial threats of nuclear annihilation whenever someone considers countering something like Crimea takeover or using regular military in Donbass. Let the Russians spend to try to modernize their ballistic weapons to penetrate an upgraded missile defense network, it'll pull more money from their conventional military and bankrupt them faster. Imagine what would happen to their foreign policy if the Russians didn't have their nuclear weapons, we wouldn't be sitting on our hands with letting them bomb rebels and prop up Assad in Syria.

And then one gets through and whoops, there goes Los Angeles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

well, that's certainly transparent

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Wow, Russia's turning into Nixonland.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I guess this is Putin's way of looking for change amidst the cushions

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:raise:

I guess you're not American. :v:

are you kidding, american cops love fining people (because they get the money)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

seriously though how do your police not like easy money

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Eh, there'll always be a need for humanitarian work or to intervene in low intensity wars.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I wish Merkel would nut up and just cut all funding to Poland and Hungary already

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't disagree with the sentiment because gently caress PiSsy Poland, but it's not something Germany can actually decide alone, fortunately.

It was extremely cool when, after cheering on the dismembering of Greece, the EE states got a dose of it when they threw a tantrum about brown people and Germany threatened to withhold EU money if they didn't take refugees in.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

solidarity is indirectly responsible for the rise of the kaczynskis so jaruzelski did nothing wrong when you think about it

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Can't be tied to government. No institution should have the authority to interfere in selecting a country's representatives. If anything, any sanctions must be tied to specific laws and policies in violation of international treaties.

just bring back the brezhnev doctrine but for western democracy and tolerance &c.

the philosophical backing is "gently caress you we have nukes", lmao if you think the forces of regression have the same qualms

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i'm spending a week in hungary and croatia and after my time in budapest and especially the "poor us :(" act they do over the communist era WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY JACKING OFF PUTIN the fuckers had it coming

morons would be fine with russian occupation as long as the russians are racist

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

were you on the communist tour two days ago as well, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Tbh the protest at the monument to nazism warmed my heart, not all Hungarians deserve Orbán's special hell! I got dragged on the tour by my family so I had to bite my tongue when the guide both-sides'd the pwecious wittle hungarians :(:(:( statue.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 8, 2017