Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Russia's Faltering Economy: By The Numbers
http://www.vocativ.com/news/289955/russias-faltering-economy-by-the-numbers

6.3% drop in real wages in 2015
20% rise in food prices in 2015
40% drop in car sales in 2015

Putin approval as of January 2016
82% according to Levada Center

Keep supporting the fucker who makes your life significantly worse every year, Russians. lol

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Friendly Humour posted:

This might come as a surprise to you, but hardship caused by what are perceived as external actors tends to harden support.

Not surprising. Just pretty hilarious.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress. That's really, really dumb.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

That's really hosed up and disturbing.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It becomes less funny when you consider how many people listen to these childish lies.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

Death to Putin, death to separatists

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Such loving lying pieces of poo poo.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Probably payments for giving talks, consulting and teaching.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress those pretend Catholics. poo poo like this makes me almost as angry as the Prosperity Gospel.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Death to the separatists. Death to Putin.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Holy poo poo, Polish Catholicism is disgusting.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Turkey, a NATO country, intentionally attacked and destroyed a Russian military plane and WW3 did not happen. hth

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

loving assholes ITT believing that women apparently get abortions for fun without having real, serious reasons.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that "not wanting to have children" is never, ever a reason for an abortion?

Holy poo poo.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This is why I have a Süddeutsche subscription.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

You have Western perspective. You expect that politician is honest. Here in Slavic Europe, we laugh at this, but is a sad laugh. Of course politician is corrupt, that's why he is politician! Keeps money in Panama, of course he does, what will he do? Pay tax? Is not stupid. Is important that politician wants more than just steal, also wants good for country, then he can steal some. Such is life. If politician looks like he is not corrupt, means he is so corrupt that he has to hide it. Is okay if politician is a little corrupt, is bad if is so corrupt that he is ashamed. If he takes bribe, embezzles money, nation knows that embezzles - good. Nation looks at mansion, if mansion has gold doorknobs - is okay, stole a little. If mansion has gold toilets - politician doesn't know what do with money, stole too much. Votes for other politician who steals less, is maybe okay again. Such is life.

This is really hosed up.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So, Putin appointed Tatjana Moskalkowa to mainly protect the human rights of Russians not living in Russia. LMAO prepare for more wars.

Fortunately OPEC is defunct now and low oil prices will help burn down the Russian economy completely. Can't wait for the collapse to finally happen.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Bunch of clowns who invade countries and start wars.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

God drat it. :mad:

I'd been hoping that the status of the Tatars would be one of the fairly few bright spots in this whole kerfuffle.

Russia is a bad country.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Bloodshit posted:

Which war crimes did he commit?

Actually, he's done a lot of exposure of war crimes committed in Ukraine to the English speaking world.

i.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgB2bhFfEtM

Death to Putin. Death to the seoaratists. And diarrhea to you.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Russian, German and other fascists are crying all over the internet. I love reading their butthurt comments.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Somaen posted:

As a Baltic native Russian speaker I just want to see Russia keep getting defanged economically, so that they don't get the great idea to attack us, and see where the numerous socio-demographic problems lead them (ISIS in Central Asia, neoliberal destruction of welfare and education, the Great Internet Firewall 2, etc)

Don't lose hope! The collapse of the Russian economy is still well underway:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/020215/falling-oil-prices-could-bankrupt-these-countries.asp

quote:

Russia needs the price of oil to be $98 or higher in order to produce it at a profit, and its economy, along with the value of the ruble, have been hit hard as a result. Over $150 billion has been lost in GDP to the low price of oil, and many fear that Russia may yet again default.

On the other hand: The world bank expects a contraction of the Russian economy of 1.6% for this year and a return to growth around 1.1% for 2017.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 15, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So Putins high approval ratings are lies?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

loga mira posted:

This Bloodshit (loving hell) guy's thread in QCS is how I got here, and while that's a regrettable posting style of questionable sincerity it's hardly worse than saying most Russians are peasants or admitting that you hope our lives get worse and worse until Russia is no longer a threat to NATO countries.

I want Russia to become so weak it cannot threaten ANY country, not only NATO countries. And that the lifes of Russians will get worse because of it is unfortunate, but unavoidable.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

So remember how PiS cut off funding to an organization helping women victims of domestic violence, well now they've also decided to cut off funding to an NGO called Nobody's Children (Dzieci Niczyje) which has been helping children victims of abuse and domestic violence for the past 21 years. Their justification is that it doesn't provide comprehensive services to all victims of crime (only children) which was also their justification for cutting off aid to the women's abuse charity. They're getting into mustache twirling levels of evil and its frankly gross. How do you call yourself a Catholic and cut off funding for abused children?

edit: haha, I read a little more about it and turns out the NGO was attacked last year by right wing media for promoting sexual education and interfering with families. Now it makes sense. :barf:

Evil. Just plain evil.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Disco Infiva posted:

Schism with Rome due to Pope being too liberal for them, I think this is a first.

Yeah. hosed up.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Maybe there will be more sanctions because of this lawsuit? Well, enough people call for ending the current sanctions even though Russia is still waging an active war against Ukraine. People are still wounded and killed by Russian forces today!

Edit: Searching for news about Donbass and Donezk in German Google gives articles almost exclusively from Russia Today and Sputnik News. Nobody in Germany cares about the war in Ukraine. Sanctions that are bad for the German 1% on the other hand are bad! Really bad. Let the rich make business with warmonger Putin! It's only just and fair!

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 21, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, with Trump as president...

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

In Russia there are already statues celebrating Russian soldiers invading Crimea. Now there is one in Crimea:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was really hoping that at least the Russians would treat the Tatars okay. :negative:

death to putin

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Lucy I'm disappointed in your choice of support for Korean Asuka instead of the far superior Mei

mei is actuall my second favorite overwatch hero, but id don't play her too much becuse noone wants to play support or tank

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I think Putin wants to strengthen Nato by invading countries and giving neighboring countries in general reasons to demand a stronger Nato.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Russia still better than American imperialist pigs.

Signed,
the German left.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Brent crude is falling again. Gotta do something to distract people from the crumbling economy?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Pizdec posted:

What current popularity of beards?

Hipsters?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

az posted:

Good work BM, I mean it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

NGOs fighting against Aids = foreign governments trying to destroy Russia

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Enjoy the US pulling out of NATO and europe being too chickenshit and cowardly to actually fund any sort of european military and putin bullying or outright invading a big ol' sphere for him self.

you mean "enjoy being part of russia again" right :)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

death to putin yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Putin really likes dogs. :3: LIKE HITLER

DEATH TO PUTIN