Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
I'm unreasonably angry at Martin Sonneborn for not telling the guy to say "Fahrschein" instead of "Ticket". It would have harmonized much better with the original slogan! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Dwesa posted:

Not really, even attempted suicide used to be punished. In case of Great Britain - by hanging.

Well, makes sense. After all, if the government kills you, your soul would be fine, right?

Then again, GB isn't even a catholic nation. WTF?

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

The second one needs to be updated a bit I'm afraid.

Not necessarily. You just don't see Russia kicking Ukraine in the shin.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Ruffian Price posted:

Across November there had been some stink in Polish social media regarding tracked packages from Southeast Asia that either disappeared outright (stopped tracking after dispatch from the country of origin) or got delayed for up to two months. Turns out, a Holy Roman Empire-obsessed NGO that was already known for influencing right-wing politicians colluded with the national post office to stop the import of female birth control.

Why is a Polish NGO obsessed with the HRE?

Please tell me they are run by a guy who claims to be the rightful Emperor.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

fishmech posted:

It's why Austrian isn't a language though.

Somehow Luxemburgian is a thing, though. Perhaps, you can substitute shell corporations for a navy, it is not too different from piracy, after all.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

Talking About Germany in the Eastern Europe Thread :v:

Germany is Europe thus East Germany is Eastern Europe. AfD talk is perfectly thread appropriate. :colbert:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Rinkles posted:

They got Mel Gibson to do a TV spot

They couldn't get Bill Pullman?

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

Now I'm just waiting until we hear Trump refer to Holland as the Nether-regions.

I mean it is about time he gets something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

What a lovely tradition, now we've got to wait 50 years for the next one like for a loving solar eclipse?!

I too think czechs deserve better traditions. Why not throw some austrians out of a window, instead?