Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Best Friends posted:

1) If you think the United States has any control over what Saudi Arabia sells oil for I don't know what to say. We don't, and never have, and if we did US economic history would be different (thr 70s). Further, at this point it's very doubtful they are even in control of pricing, despite their attempts to maintain appearances of still holding cartel power, because it's not the 70s anymore and oil production is globalized.

quote:

A member of the Saudi royal family with knowledge of the discussions between Mr. Cheney and King Abdullah said the king had presented Mr. Cheney with a plan to raise oil production to force down the price, in hopes of causing economic turmoil for Iran without becoming directly involved in a confrontation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/22/world/middleeast/22saudi.html?pagewanted=2

Maybe it's not direct control, but the US is certainly consulted with by the Saudis w.r.t. oil production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
The secret protocols of the pact that the Soviets signed with the Nazis included an independent Polish state, and the Soviets only intervened after the Polish government fled and the Nazis stopped acknowledging the Polish state's existence. Before the invasion the Soviets offered to put an army on the German border as part of a larger alliance against the Nazis.

They weren't "basically together" with the Nazis in invading Poland.

Hail Grover.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Cat Mattress posted:

So Oliver Stone is making a movie to reveal that the Maidan upraising of Ukraine was staged by the CIA to put in power a bunch of homonazis and that only Putin's manly arms are defending freedom and civilization. Wake up, sheeple!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVdvp188rk4

I'm not sure there are many Russians who believe in the mythical homonazi, but you don't get to look down on them if you think US involvement in Maidan is an eccentric conspiracy theory.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
McCain didn't just lobby for supporting Maidan. He went on stage with the leader of Svboda and said to the crowd "America is with you". Ukraine had a democratically elected government and, at that point, hadn't taken any action against the "protesters" more harsh than what other countries took against, say, anti-globalization protestors.

At the same time Victoria Nuland told Yanukovych the US wouldn't accept anything less than IMF reforms.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I consider that US involvement.

Amusingly, when Right Sector tried to storm the parliament last year they weren't called "protesters" in the west anymore.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
"Dear people of the Maidan. Though I may appear to be a US government representative I'm only here as a private citizen, in fact our government has special executive branch that handles foreign relations. So when I say 'America is with you' in a few seconds it is only a wistful sentiment, not to interpreted as support in any way."

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
The Liberals are in the middle of a defense policy review so every hack, think tank and ex-politician/lobbyist is going to be screaming about anything that would lead to a bump in procurement. If we don't double the F35 order we'll wake up with Putin eating our cornflakes blah blah.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I'm sure the country with lots of parallel military and paramilitary groups, with different groups being trained by different foreign armies, has completely uniform capabilities across all units, and you'd have to be a Russian stooge to believe anything else. Suck it RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Givi's funeral.

Is this normal exhaust, or are they doing a burn out?