Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

pippy posted:

Just have Joe standing at the border, arms outstretched, facing down a Russian tank.

takes care of one problem i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

While we're arguing about whether or not Russia should invade Ukraine and blah blah, assuming that the people who don't want Russia to invade the Ukraine are in the US, why should the people of the United States be chomping at the bit to get involved in another dumb loving war for reasons? Regardless of if Russia is funding all sorts of nazi poo poo elsewhere, why is it ok that the federal government of the US is providing arms to nazi poo poo at all? At best you're just throwing gasoline on a fire that almost certainly will escalate an invasion over time and at worst they'll go on to do all sorts of terrorist nazi poo poo and help the growing global world wide fascism movement. Its such a loving sham.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

How are u posted:

Putin is a fascist, and I believe that allowing him to engage in imperial wars of aggression without pushback is definitely helping grow the global world wide fascist movement.

It just doesn't really make sense to me to be rooting for either side in Ukraine/Russia right now, unless you're mostly worried about which country has the most imperialism I suppose. The rise of fascism is a major problem in the US that no one is doing anything about, but look over here! Nazi grandma is learning to shoot an AK to protect against Putin, everyone cheer? It just seems like Biden is trying to do the unity he promised by promoting nationalist imperialism, stoking the flames of war by sending Ukraine arms and riling up Russia, since domestic patriotism unity kind of poo poo the bed when he failed to accomplish pretty much anything. And honestly, having lived through that poo poo in the early 2000s, I genuinely can't believe grown rear end human beings are falling for it, again.