Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Have you discussed the 700 soldiers Denmark mobilized to scare of Putin? I have a feeling might just work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

mobby_6kl posted:

That's exactly the kind of naked provocation that makes Russia concern about its security

They're on an Island though, so we need (a) boat(s). Does anyone have a boat(s)?

Not So Fast posted:

Pretty much every date from November to late Feb has been floated as when Putin finally invades, so I do appreciate why people are a little skeptical of whether this will actually happen.

I just read that the US based on intelligence is thinking the 16th is the most likely date. But I can't find the source now....

(Does anyone have a boat?)

Trump fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 12, 2022

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Defense Minister of Ukraine: Another 90 tons of USA ammunition for the @ArmedForcesUkr arrived today. The total weight of US military aid at the moment exceeded 1300 tons

Do we know what USA have supplied? I read 1000+ javelins but there must be more than that.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ammo, arty shells, medical supplies, medical tents and various items of that nature. Uniforms helmets, javelins, most likely small arms of soviet or US nature. 1300 tons is like 2.5 million pounds of stuff..

I forsee Russia if they invade will re hash Taliban and is propaganda of showing off massive captured caches of US weapons.

Does US have large stocks of Soviet/Russian munitions? As far as I can see Ukraine either has old equipment from Russia or indigenous stuff only fielded in a limited capacity.

I get the javelins and general supplies like medical equipment, uniforms, protective equipment, same with small arms stuff. But anything bigger would require training and I don't think Ukraine has time for that.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

FishBulbia posted:

Don't think too much about it. It won't make a difference, if there is a full invasion. Javelins mean little when the place that tells you where you need to go and where the enemy is gets leveled by an Iskandar

Dunno, Javelins seems like a pretty smart way to insure an offensive will be as costly as possible, even if a defense is overall hopeless.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

""
Blinken: If Putin decides to launch military action, we will impose severe sanctions on Russia
""

Welp putins gonna cancel the invasion because blinken is a broken loving record.

Dude, denmark got 700 men mobilized on an Island 2000km away, combined with closing Putins VISA card I think it enough.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
There is also this...

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1492499117431529476

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
What you people are saying is that this can still turn into the biggest troll in world history

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

GeekyManatee posted:

This is what's preventing me from being at the very edge of my seat. It has the whole "There are WMDs here, trust us guys" vibe to it.

Unless US intelligence are putting up a pretty complicated ruse (atleast more complicated than a hopeless powerpoint and a vial filled with cocaine), it is absolutely a fact that russia has moved a large force vest and have surrounded Ukraine from every possible angle.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

steinrokkan posted:

IMO not a "we have proof of WMDs" American ploy, but rather Russian military deliberately using signals they know are being read to keep the tensions at the maximum by making it appear hostilities may start at any moment. This isn't a case of America pressuring another country into war, this is exactly what Putin wanted, to be at the centre stage of world diplomacy and force everybody to entertain him and his demands while also waiting for the West to make mistakes. Even if it isn't really working.

This is Putin basically pressure testing NATO and the west.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

JunkDeluxe posted:

So.. Reading Twitter, articles, etc. A lot of people seem very confident there will be military aggressions across the border fairly soon.

It has probably been answered in this thread, but it is fairly long now. What has happened in the last few weeks, since the situation seems to be escalating?
Also what seems to be the consensus if it happens.
A landgrab of the eastern regions, and only Ukraine will try to fend them off? The west will just impose sanctions, and share intel with Ukraine?

Quick rundown:

- Several talks have been fruitless, including superman Macron travelling to Moscow.
- Start of joint exercises in Belarus close to Ukrainian border, which could be used to open a third front and aid in grapping Kiev fast.
- Continued "We know what you are doing" proclamations from the WH, including satellite images of large camps and vehicle parks being emptied out.
- Footage of material being moved toward the Ukrainian border from these temporary bases and camps.
- Increased Russian Naval presence in the black sea.
- Drawdawn of diplomatic and international NGO personnel. (Could just be a reaction to the above)
- The newest is Russia ignoring Ukraines request through the Vienna Document.

The west will aid with intelligence and I imagine lower tiered weaponry (continued supply of Javelins, Stingers, other personal equipment)

Trump fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Hasn't today been really quite compared to the last few weeks? Ukraine says they still want to join NATO (not going to happen, but Putin can't go around and steal dreams from lil countries).