Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016
So does this acreage you guys retreated to actually have a home on it or are you roughing it like cave men? Edit: I missed the indoor pictures, not trying to be snarky. :)

What part of the country are you located in? It looks very cold!

Edit: Also, in if you're off the electrical grid I'm curious about your energy solution. How do you heat your house etc?

Check out some survival shenanigans:

stayingalivetv fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

wiyp?

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

DreadLlama posted:

Apatite lives in the middle of a big forest by himself and has so far conscientiously avoided posting any self-identifying information. From this you're taken to have inferred that he values privacy and are supposed to say "Thank you for the nature pictures" instead of "show us your house and tell me where you live."

"What part of the country are you located in?" Is in no way equal to "Tell me where you live." If he's bothered by my very unobtrusive questions he doesn't have to answer them. This great thing about free will, you know. :)

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

kastein posted:

I think you might have a better heating system than me (again) apatite.

did you seriously join SA and put that crazy "like comment and share" social media poo poo in your signature

basically:

From the forum rules:

"Your sig file and you. Keep in mind that everybody on the forums has to see your sig file over and over every time you post. Please make your sig file under 30k in size with less than three lines of text. Do not use images larger than 400 pixels wide and 125 pixels high."

http://www.somethingawful.com/forum-rules/forum-rules/2/

I prefer to keep to the forum rules rather than what some random dude on the forum spews out. So sorry if I've offended you.

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

kedo posted:

You're going to do real well here pal.

Yeah, apparently. I've haven't been in very many forum communities with such a hair-trigger default state of hostility before. It's like people are trying to see how outdo each other in a game of "how anonoyed / angry can you be for no reason at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stayingalivetv
Oct 17, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Do realize that a) nobody uses sigs around here, and b) your sig looked 100% to everyone like you were shilling for your YouTube channel, as if you thought SA was a good way to get some extra ad revenue. I'm not saying anything about what your intentions are, just how you were perceived. You should have been able to figure this out in the five days between when you registered and when you posted this here, so, dunno what to tell you beyond "lurk more". :shrug:

SA will 100% rip your head off, but only if it thinks you deserve it. And frankly, the DIY threads are usually pretty accurate about who deserves headrippings.

Thanks for the heads up. And the civility.

• Locked thread