Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Ehud posted:

Bosa with a 4.89

That's Suggs speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
Kentucky ILB Josh Forrest had a disastrous Combine performance. After three straight years with Kentucky players outperforming expectations (Larry Warford, Avery Williamson, Bud Dupree) at the Combine, Forrest was basically the absolute worst at his position. 11 reps on BP (at 6'3 249 lbs), 4.91 40. Went from a guy who could have been a mid-round pick with an average performance to a guy who will need to blow his pro day up to even get drafted.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

CB Jonathan Jones ran an unofficial 4.28

can't
teach
speed
:supaburn:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jones ran a 4.33 but I think the guy who helped his stock the most with the 40 so far is Eli Apple.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Eli Apple runs real fast! He's certainly faster than your Granny Smith!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Maybe but the kid out of Houston... Jackson? He's looked good in every drill today. Cyrus Jones is pushing himself into the top 100 as well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also Deion Sanders is a terrible evaluator of talent holy crap it feels like Mayock has to stay silent every time Sanders speaks just so he doesn't get lumped in with the bad opinions

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm watching the Bucky Brooks feed and you could say the same of Ike Taylor. What's Neon Deion on about?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Watch Ike's interview with Hackenburg from yesterday. He botched it hard and called the dude handsome like four times.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Ike Taylor is hilarious, however

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm watching the Bucky Brooks feed and you could say the same of Ike Taylor. What's Neon Deion on about?

Deion is just calling things blatantly wrong. Like he kept saying get off those heels get off those heels over and over when a prospect was planting on the balls of his feet. He'd say guys had a good break but they'd be stumbling or not as fluid as the top guys. Just felt like he was saying stuff for the sake of talking.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Saying Stuff for the Sake of Talking is the title of Sanders eventual 12 hour YouTube multimedia memoir.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jalen had a 11'3 broad and 41.5" vert :stare:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Makes sense for him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ike Taylor owns

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBurke_SI/status/704339931007754241?s=08

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
For once the player who the Ravens very obviously covet is probably really good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/onlygators/status/704348704535281664

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hargreaves looked bigger. 5'10.5" 202, ran 4.52

Jalen ran 4.42.

Jalen #1 overall do it Titans

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 29, 2016

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For once the player who the Ravens very obviously covet is probably really good.

Is there any chance he's still there at 6 though?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

And lollers despite shutting himself down since September and prepping for the draft since December Kendall Fuller won't participate in drills. Guess I can just wait for the inflated 40 times of the VT indoor track for him.

Well I guess he did 15 reps on the bench press putting him like right at the median value it looked like.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
4.50 for VH3, not 4.52. Good broad.

Jalen is next level athlete. He's not Calvin Johnson but he's a stud. Tweener though which always scares me. He's a great piece for a Cinci or Seattle type defense though, it's just a matter of the right scheme. He could play safety, linebacker, and slot corner

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

E_Motion posted:

Traditionally DBs don't go that high, you've gotta be a pretty special DB to go top 5. Unfortunately Ramsey looks pretty special.

Like Crazy said something to theoretically worry about is no one knows what his best position will be. On the other hand he could be really good wherever he ends up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jalen #1 overall do it Titans

Please

E:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jalen is next level athlete. He's not Calvin Johnson but he's a stud. Tweener though which always scares me. He's a great piece for a Cinci or Seattle type defense though, it's just a matter of the right scheme. He could play safety, linebacker, and slot corner

He shall play all of those positions under the dick

Metapod fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 29, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Grittybeard posted:

no one knows what his best position will be.

I do - it's corner.

If you absolutely need to see him at safety, you can check out his Freshman tape. He's way more natural as a corner, but like metapod intimated, the system in Tennessee will have him doing whatever they think he can best accomplish for the current gametime situation

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 29, 2016

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

E_Motion posted:

:shrug:

Safeties are kind of undervalued in the NFL. Besides, I'm not sure I want him on the Ravens just because he's the sort of player around whom you build your game plan and Dean Pees is dead dog stupid about secondaries. Still mad about promoting him over Teryl Austin. Still better than Mattison though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rich Eisen ran a 5.94

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Rich Eisen ran a 5.94

The only thing that truly matters from the Combine.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

They made Ramsey redo a couple times. he may be able to run in the 4.3s on his pro day in a more relaxed atmosphere and without having him start and go so often

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
They need to get rid of the meaningless 40 time and should measure speed from a standing start because the track start is a huge component of the time its such a scam

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

there's no loving way Ramsey will be available to the Ravens and I've been crying about this for like two months in this thread now :qq:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ramsey is going to be an all pro corner for 10 years, then move to safety and be an all pro there for 5 years. The guy is incredible.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I'm hoping Ramsey is there when the Jags pick at 5. :ohdear:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chris Mcallister is my Ramsey comparison. I think very similar.

Ramsey does not have the elite tracking ability. This is a great year for corners

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

You know though that the antebellum blood pumping through Jerry Richardson is going to activate when he sees that big swinging dick and he'll draft that man. Mmmhm yes indeed, good stock in that, he'll think.

I'm late as gently caress to this thread but my god this is my new favorite post. I want to print it out and frame it

• Locked thread