Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I don't think they ever visited Victor's Stone, despite the cat mentioning it. That's a covenant worth joining :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So you chatted up all of Vengarl's talk options. Did you ever chat up the merchant granny in Cardinal Tower?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Early Grand Lance, Early Dull Ember/McDuff, and the Pursuer Actually Pursuing are some of the best things about the Scholar of the First Sin edition.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Interesting quirk about Dark Souls 2's calculation of weapon durability: It's tied to framerate for some godforsaken reason, meaning at 60 fps, things break faster than in the 30fps console versions. Also, enemy corpse ragdolls can count as multiple hitboxes, meaning certain weapons (like the whips and some astoundingly high durability halberd-ish spears) degrade a bit faster than usual from post-kill corpse contact, or simply whacking a dead body for awhile.

Also that double-triple crossbow man is pro as hell.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I think Map Guy never came home because (like a few other NPCs that you vaguely remembered 5ish episodes ago then forgot the specifics of) you never exhausted his talking.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lord_Magmar posted:

There's two locations that the Rat King Covenant is attached to and you've been to both, the first is of course the Grave of Saints and the Second is the Doors of Pharos. I'm not actually sure about how the whole thing works as I didn't really do much with any of the covenants when I played.

With how much time they spent in Doors of Pharos, it really should have happened. You guy're right in your guess: It's basically Reverse Forest Hunters. If you have your ring on, non-covenent people who enter one of the two Rat Zones will get summoned to your area, and you then kill them in conjunction with the enemies and/or traps in the zone. That's why the Pharos Lockstone areas in the Doors you activated turned on traps or opened doors with more enemies.

For the crows: You have to leave the stones one at a time, but you don't have to pick up each new item before leaving another stone, ie: You can open the inventory, leave one stone 10 times, then close it and pick up the 10 new items

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 24, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bearer of the LP Curse, seek the King :smith:

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the second job, and hope you&Nietzschean do something else in the eventual future.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Your torturers were bizarrely sensitive in aggression radius. They all seemed to drop down really early en masse.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

It was a real treat to see you guys start back up, rampage through the wardens and red phantom with the Lance, then gravity remembered its undying enmity towards you two and the normal order was reestablished

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Next time you go visit Straid, take a careful look at the Dragonrider Bow. It's slightly unique in a few ways.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Nietzschean seemed... particularly crunk that episode

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Iron Keep is an invasion hotspot, yes, but mostly consensual PvP, meaning anyone you invaded who isn't halfway through the castle is probably both waiting for you and geared up to wreck your poo poo :getin:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Willfully ignore a fog door, get to and die once to the area end boss, then grab all the NPCs and bumble back to the midboss which you one shot.

I'm hollerin, please don't stop

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Maldron the Assassin is one of my favorite NPCs in this game. Hides to backstab you on arrival, goes for maximum range + defense, can out-lance a Badger, and will run like a coward to hide in Spooky Enemy Zone to heal up and wait for you.

:rip: Maldron, victim of his own cheese

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Fire damage is doing surprisingly well for an area populated by enemies that are all iron, ashy, burning, or combinations of the three

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Nietzschean posted:

You never go full Xanthous

:wrong:

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go full Xanthous.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 16, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Congratulations Badger on graduating from college :toot:. Since there was a lot of magic damage and bow chat between the episodes, want to bring up a thing I vaguely alluded to awhile ago when you were looking at boss weapons: The Dragonrider Bow is one of the few bows with primarily strength scaling instead of dexterity, and it also deals hybrid magic and physical damage.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I think the reason the Brightbug didn't work is because you used a green blossom right beforehand and the game only permits one item buff on you at a time (and one resin buff)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

By the by, check your key items. You picked up a Frozen ... something or other back in Castle Drangleic that you never looked at.

Also the Chicken Wing is mighty powerful :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

You didn't recognise ya boy Maldron The Assassin from Brume Tower? He did the same run away schtick into a curse zone and you just used a Giant Tree Seed to own him. If you'd have let him successfully get away (and the gate had been open), he'd eventually run down to that ice cave with the Covetous Demon and doubleteam you in it. If you'd have let him follow you around without attacking him, he'd guide you to that lever then backstab you when you pulled it.

The DLC for DS2 has some of the best NPC AI scriptings :allears:

• Locked thread