Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

tiistai posted:

Good old Dennis

Haven't heard too many people say they prefer DS2 over 1.

I forgot to mention this earlier but you're falling into another DS1 veteran trap: the breakpoint for fat rolling is not at 50%. However, the rolling distance is gradually affected by your equip load, meaning you'll roll somewhat further at 10% than you do at 50% even when both are light rolls. Light rolling speed is the same always and i-frames are only affected by agility which by the way I'd suggest putting some points in.

Also, reminder that while you're testing weapon movesets there's also an attack you can do from a backstep.

For real you want to up adapt if you want your rolls to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

Though there are items that will let you reallocate stat points you may want to be more wary of just dumping them into whatever, as certain stats like VIT are this game's version of resistance and are almost trap stats thanks to how the numbers work and the inclusion of certain items. In a similar dick move the developers have also included certain armor sets early on, as new player traps, and you may want to examine what you wear accordingly.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

If you are having trouble with or are getting frustrated by your endurance running out you should really consider leveling it. Also, keep in mind that the protection any armor offers is balanced against the cost of higher equip load and all that entails.

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

That's because he knows what you've done...he knows.

• Locked thread