Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The doors of Pharros used to be my favorite gimmick area, but it's pretty much dead now. They might go thru the whole place without ever encountering its gimmick, which is a real shame and a loss for both of them. It used to be impossible to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Exploration rewards the player but it isn't an absolute necessity. They're more than welcome to stick to the main path and make it hard on themselves. That is, when they find the main path (much like how they've clearly lost the path in Brightstone Cove Tseldora).

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 1, 2016

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
by the way, the lockstone plates that you Don't Get are the same as those pots filled with water that y'all probably don't really get a purpose for either: they wet you. Being wet is a property in this game and it has effects.

You eventually dry off. You can tell the coloration on your character. Much like the poison slowly drips down your body, water is a darker line that drops slowly.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Tarezax posted:

Everyone rolls into that hole in the platform, don't be too embarrassed.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I'm real sad that they turned tail and fled that fog door at the top of the lift, past the old iron king.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
The majestic greatsword's description saying that all of its previous owners were left-handed was a hint.
Also, doesn't it look familiar?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

DrTempest posted:

Brume Tower was easily the most difficult place we've encountered thus far.

And it only gets better.

You guys are pretty close to end-game geared and leveled. Brume tower giving you trouble isn't too surprising because it's the first area you've crossed that actually expects you to show up end-game geared and leveled. Welcome! :unsmigghh:

On the other hand, getting thru Brume tower means the non-dlc main path of the game will be child's play.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I hope y'all end up eventually figuring out the secret of that armor hanging out in the middle of that room, at the end of the last video.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Man... Y'all need to keep closer tabs on your stamina instead of trying gimmicks.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Gothsheep posted:

e: If you think the bosses are too easy, you could always try fighting one without summoning multiple phantoms? :v:

If they really did the Fume Knight as mentioned at the beginning of #91 (but provided no proof for since it doesn't happen in that Fume Knight extravaganza video), then all bosses will mostly feel pretty easy from here on out. Fume Knight is really where the game forces the player to learn how to play: you can't simply equip the largest possible stick and crush the challenge right out of him like you can with many of the other bosses. Despite Dr.Tempest not beating the Fume Knight in that video in the last update, he's clearly got the first part of the fight down and is almost done with the second. With the Fume Knight dead, it's safe to assume that he's gotten good enough to not really get blocked for long by most of the remaining bosses.
(Also, most of the other bosses aren't as resilient against characters that are rather higher leveled than expected)

That said, summoning NPCs: So long as they aren't summoning other players to beat the bosses for them, it's not all that upsetting. The NPCs barely do anything for damage and are only useful for distraction. The boss gets a good deal most health in exchange. Seems fair enough.

e: Also, soon R.I.P. Nietzschean's analog sticks, drat. Maybe you should bring the R-stick sensitivity up because you're smashing the hell out of that thing.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 8, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Y'all need to come back to the glowy armor once you gain the ability to explore the memories of the long dead. Don't. Forget.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

With that information in mind... You guys might want to explore that dark room full of statues outside of the first castle bonfire closet. The one that has all those ruin sentinel minibosses once you got some of the doors opened.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
If you're having vision problems, Try torch.

Also, the boss' crime isn't being a dumb boss. Its crime is letting you (the player) get away with fighting him in a dumb way with no good way to discourage the boring methods. Bow-only runs aren't run very often. There's a couple other bosses like it. If you're fighting a boss and you tell yourself "well this sure is a dull and unfun way to fight it", there's probably a better way available to you.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
The Throne Watcher/Defender fight can end up significantly harder in certain conditions that you'll never meet now that they're dead.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
That certain area is my least favorite area to do myself, but it's my favorite area to see other people tackle. :getin:

e: You guys might want to eventually go check out again that old armor you left behind in DLC2.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 2, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the next episode opening up on a death somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes in at most.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
lol at giving up on the giant door because of a flexile sentry on the other side. That's giving up on the best gimmick weapon, among really good things in there. There's a really neat hat right next door, too.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I remember Sir Alonne having way more tricks up his sleeve

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Try stuff with the Bone fist. Try swinging hard, swinging it fast. Try two handing, try the L blocks and attacks. You can thank me later.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
The fact that the Giant Lord reminded you guys of the last giant is no coincidence. If you revisit the description of the soul of the last giant, it says this:

Soul of the last giant posted:

Soul of the surviving giant, who was bound below the Forest of Giants.
The lord of the Giants, who had brought wreck and ruin to the entire kingdom was said to have been felled by an unknown warrior. His beaten and broken remains were then dragged beneath the stronghold, where he was sealed away.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Y'all gonna run the snow gauntlet? I was looking towards seeing you try it ever since you hit the DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

DrTempest posted:

We actually forgot, unfortunately. I went and tried this on a solo characer later on and it's most definitely for the best. I would have had an aneurysm on screen.

Which, I suppose, is what you all wanted.

accurate

• Locked thread