Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm actually not sure if this belongs here or in the 90s thread cause the MARYLIN MANSON SCARY KILLING OUR KIDS freak out was in both late 90s-early 2000s, plus Ricki ran thru 2004. hilarious either way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aerG4c6QpTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFFeQxm8jT8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Also I hope this wasn't posted already, I did not see it. This was my place for all thez0r l33t diaryz0r and cool speek for all the early 2000sz0r ( :suicide: )

I lost the password for one account I had but had the other one... The embarrassment. I even paid for a premium account so that I could upload 10 user images. I sent a check through the mail.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Thin Privilege posted:

Also I hope this wasn't posted already, I did not see it. This was my place for all thez0r l33t diaryz0r and cool speek for all the early 2000sz0r ( :suicide: )

I lost the password for one account I had but had the other one... The embarrassment. I even paid for a premium account so that I could upload 10 user images. I sent a check through the mail.

~memories~

I've not used tumblr that much, but I do have the feeling Livejournal was a way better platform for blogging and conversation, since you could actually have a conversation on the page, instead of spread across notes and things like that.

Now I'm thinking about Myspace and eVite and mailing lists.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
chiptunes back when they were still a novel thing

also achewood

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sizone posted:

chiptunes back when they were still a novel thing

also achewood

The trainers (ie run it while the game is running for one-click infinite money, etc) for games like Roller Coaster Tycoon always had the best chiptune background music.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

You are now hearing the title screen sfx

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Steam really loving sucks!

I call it Steamingpileofshit.exe

This will never go anywhere! PC gaming is dead.

I can buy all my games from the local EB/GameStop/BestBuy/Circuit City/FutureShop.

Why would I buy a game digitally? What happens if I have to format my hard drive or the installation becomes corrupt?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
What's the matter, in a week or so you'll have redownloaded it

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm actually not sure if this belongs here or in the 90s thread cause the MARYLIN MANSON SCARY KILLING OUR KIDS freak out was in both late 90s-early 2000s, plus Ricki ran thru 2004. hilarious either way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aerG4c6QpTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFFeQxm8jT8

Oh man, that was the coolest way to dress ever.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Funny Quotes Thread reminded me:

I still use foobar2000 though, so I'm a weird old.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

foobardog posted:

Funny Quotes Thread reminded me:

I still use foobar2000 though, so I'm a weird old.

I still use Winamp...in fact I am using it right now to listen to .mp3s

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
also still using winamp. several years ago I noticed that a lot of the things I did between, like, the ages of 12 and 19 I still do now (then) and I still do now.

like, my favorite band has not changed since 12, my favorite beer has not changed since 16 and my preferred mp3 player has not changed since 18 or 19

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

JEEVES420 posted:

"Winamp! *thunder crack* It really whips the llama's rear end!"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

also still using winamp. several years ago I noticed that a lot of the things I did between, like, the ages of 12 and 19 I still do now (then) and I still do now.

like, my favorite band has not changed since 12, my favorite beer has not changed since 16 and my preferred mp3 player has not changed since 18 or 19

alright I gotta know what your favorite band was when you were 12 cause I think mine was something like Kid Rock, and my favorite beer at age 16 was "whatever I could get"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aesop Poprock posted:

alright I gotta know what your favorite band was when you were 12 cause I think mine was something like Kid Rock, and my favorite beer at age 16 was "whatever I could get"

I guess I'm a square because I didn't start drinking until I was a freshman in college.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

"Blink182, Everclear, and SmashMouth are awesome" -- 16 year old me. I mean, I still have songs that I like, and listening to those albums gives me nostalgia vibes, but I'm more than aware they are bad music for bad people.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhWYkxbVqhs Email. Music. Web.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

JEEVES420 posted:

Same. I'm pretty sure the album list plugin I'm using hasn't been updated in like 8 years now. I even tried going to itunes but I just don't like change.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Meanwhile I just found out that not only is http://www.eskimobob.com/ apparently still around, it's still active and they're making a game and T-shirts? Christ.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

foobardog posted:

"Blink182, Everclear, and SmashMouth are awesome" -- 16 year old me. I mean, I still have songs that I like, and listening to those albums gives me nostalgia vibes, but I'm more than aware they are bad music for bad people.

I found an old CD of mp3s I burned in 2002 and I just about died of embarrassment. Most of it is just forgettable, whatever was on MTV at the time, but some of that stuff? Barry Manilow? Addicted to Bass by Pure Tones? Kiss Kiss Kiss by Yoko Ono??? Nickelback????

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

The most 2000's color on the most 2000's cars.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

hackbunny posted:

I found an old CD of mp3s I burned in 2002 and I just about died of embarrassment. Most of it is just forgettable, whatever was on MTV at the time, but some of that stuff? Barry Manilow?

No reason to be embarrassed about having Barry Manilow, he's still cool. Put it in your car, roll down the windows, and blast it across town.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Mission Hill. Would post a picture, but I'm on mobile and it won't cooperate atm.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

a cloth map posted:

The most 2000's color on the most 2000's cars.

More bad cars for the bad cars god:

I repeat, the Aughts sucked!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

hackbunny posted:

I found an old CD of mp3s I burned in 2002 and I just about died of embarrassment. Most of it is just forgettable, whatever was on MTV at the time, but some of that stuff? Barry Manilow? Addicted to Bass by Pure Tones? Kiss Kiss Kiss by Yoko Ono??? Nickelback????

I JUST threw mine out after reading Blue Story's thread, realizing I shouldn't keep old junk. IIRC mine had P!nk, some music from Africa and Japan including Malice Mizer, and of course "might know what it's like".

OH and I had this 10 minute long loop of The Next Episode by Dre et al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KTNd21qObU

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Mar 11, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Speaking of 2000s cars:

I remember with W. Bush and the early 2000s people being encouraged to buy the biggest Hummer SUVs you can get. Classic American spite for the environment and anything reasonably sized.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Speaking of 2000s cars:

I remember with W. Bush and the early 2000s people being encouraged to buy the biggest Hummer SUVs you can get. Classic American spite for the environment and anything reasonably sized.

ftfy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DicktheCat posted:

Mission Hill. Would post a picture, but I'm on mobile and it won't cooperate atm.

Lucky you can watch them all for free on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKtwSczzDu6zxfXSU-nFjA

And yes, it is the true best show canceled before its time, not loving Firefly. Though I think it was just ahead of its time. If it was an Adult Swim show, it probably would have gotten multiple seasons.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Aesop Poprock posted:

skinny puppy, old rasputin russian emperial stout. don't assume that because you had garbage tastes as a youth that everyone did.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
All I remember from the year 2000 is endlessly playing the Counter-strike beta and Tony Hawk Pro Skater on PS1 while being really really stoned. I listened to terrible music like NIN and Counting Crows. I also remember downloading my first pirated movie during this time and burning it to SVCD. It was The Cell starring Jennifer Lopez.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Trebek posted:

All I remember from the year 2000 is endlessly playing the Counter-strike beta and Tony Hawk Pro Skater on PS1 while being really really stoned. I listened to terrible music like NIN and Counting Crows. I also remember downloading my first pirated movie during this time and burning it to SVCD. It was The Cell starring Jennifer Lopez.

I remember checking planet CS daily to see their model of the day. Lots of good ones, but then they started showing emails that people had sent in saying their crazy CS stories.

For some reason they printed a story that, to paraphase, went "I had to go on a school trip but I wanted to play CS so bad, when I got home I had to poop but I wanted to play CS more so I started playing and I pooped myself and my mom yelled at me!". :psyduck:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Simple Plan.

I pretty much loved just about every song on this CD when I was in 8th grade. When I was in college I was going through old CDs and decided to give it a spin and see if it was still fun. Ohhhhh my god. Cringing at a subatomic level. I still have it somewhere in the house but it's hidden away, far from where anyone might accidentally find it and try to listen to it.

Also, a girl in the middle school where I work had a magazine poster of Avril Lavigne on her locker. She is just so strongly associated with 2002 and 2003 in my mind that the idea of her still clinging to her fame now, and preteens still populating her fanbase, just seems to violate the laws of time.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Flash animations, and reference humor.

I used to like College University a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pdgf8D6M28

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Dueling Banjos was pretty early 2000s material, at least it was on all the RealPlayer music stations then.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

Of course Family Guy takes like a decade to spoof it long after it was dead and buried. lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wnc3yadgVqs

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Dueling Banjos was pretty early 2000s material, at least it was on all the RealPlayer music stations then.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

Of course Family Guy takes like a decade to spoof it long after it was dead and buried. lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wnc3yadgVqs

That song's like 60 years old.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That band Goldfinger. Discovered by many via the first Tony Hawk game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

My Chemical Romance. I never listened to them, but they were loving huge when I was in middle school. Should I post a picture of them or just a Hot Topic?

• Locked thread