Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pneub posted:

That song's like 60 years old.

It still had a surge of popularity in the early 2000s though. It counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, what was the generic forums model that everyone was using back in the early 2000s? I remember it had circular buttons with a note icon over forums subheaders that was gray when read/marked and orange when unread/new messages appeared. I can't think of the name (PHP?) but it was used everywhere for fandoms in the same way Wikias are now.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PHPBB

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Hold on, what is this from exactly? My work messenger uses these exact emotes (updated for 2016), and I still don't understand the assortment. Why a sheep?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Primetime posted:

Hold on, what is this from exactly? My work messenger uses these exact emotes (updated for 2016), and I still don't understand the assortment. Why a sheep?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

KLF is so 90s.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Kavak posted:

My Chemical Romance. I never listened to them, but they were loving huge when I was in middle school. Should I post a picture of them or just a Hot Topic?

I got some very cool earrings from Hot Topic less than a month ago, so it doesn't seem totally '00s to me.

PacSun, on the other hand...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought something from hot topic once. It was last christmas I got a Fallout and Captain America shirt.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
New grounds and their flash games. My favorite was the "beat up Metallica" one because Metallica had made Napster go away and I had used Napster to get many of my favorite songs and to discover tons of music :rip:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

YeahTubaMike posted:

I got some very cool earrings from Hot Topic less than a month ago, so it doesn't seem totally '00s to me.

PacSun, on the other hand...

Hot topic has some cool nerdy stuff and their online store has tons of really nice clearance clothes and shoes for super cheap that don't look goth or punk at all.

They've grown with the times. But I still remember them blasting some horrible metal at levels so high I couldn't hear the cashier and me buying gigantic black pants with about a thousand pointy studs and 50 chains. Ah the memories

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What about Kongregate?
I spent a lot of time there playing flash games and not kissing girls.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Thin Privilege posted:

Hot topic has some cool nerdy stuff and their online store has tons of really nice clearance clothes and shoes for super cheap that don't look goth or punk at all.

They've grown with the times. But I still remember them blasting some horrible metal at levels so high I couldn't hear the cashier and me buying gigantic black pants with about a thousand pointy studs and 50 chains. Ah the memories

They still do all those things, just now with more cheap anime T-shirts in sizes no anime fan can fit in.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I went in there because they had some kind of sale on those little blind boxes that my kids like and it seems more like a general pop culture/comedy store, similar to spencer's, now. Didn't really give off a big goth vibe like the early 2000's.

nuh-uh no way
Mar 27, 2010
Animutations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZvnOUC5Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vvy3O1gtgo

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Colin Mocherie was in a lot of these, dunno why.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Found a hobo in my room.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
.com for Murder (2002)

quote:

This high-tech, psychological thriller is set in the shadowy world of the Internet. Sondra Brummel is recovering from a skiing accident in her boyfriend's mansion, and accidently contacts a possible killer in an Internet chatroom. She and her friend Misty enter a virtual game that that becomes all too real.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Seems that Lowtax beat you to it.

http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/com-for-murder/1/

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is Lowtax even still alive

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, yeah, and another big one:

Jamie's School Dinners. I remember the tabloids printing all these pictures of kids reaching desperately through the bars of the school fence like they're in a refugee camp or something to get the stuff their mothers were delivering from the local chippy (to spare them the horror of having to eat fruit and vegetables).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

eightpole posted:

Is Lowtax even still alive

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766598

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgbgpsNUn1I

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Primetime posted:

MSN Messenger! Don't know about the sheep but I used the rainbow a lot :sissies:

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

hackbunny posted:

MSN Messenger! Don't know about the sheep but I used the rainbow a lot :sissies:

8o|

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

EvilGenius posted:

Nathan Barley is the naughties

https://youtu.be/v_mezm2KIAc

I was too young to notice at the time but according to older friends, the 'twats on tiny bikes' phenomenon was real.
There was also this brief period where fold-up scooters were to be the Next Big Thing in urban transport with important businessmen whizzing around the place on them.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

I was too young to notice at the time but according to older friends, the 'twats on tiny bikes' phenomenon was real.
There was also this brief period where fold-up scooters were to be the Next Big Thing in urban transport with important businessmen whizzing around the place on them.

poo poo man, I still see people pushing Razor scooters around in my town, and they're my age (early twenties).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Nu-metal.

What the gently caress were we thinking? Look at this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I dunno, my wife still loves that poo poo. her favorite band is orgy.

how the gently caress do you do a cover of blue monday and gently caress it up? how do you do a cover of blue monday and look gayer than new order while doing it?

these are the mysteries of numetal

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sizone posted:

I dunno, my wife still loves that poo poo. her favorite band is orgy.

how the gently caress do you do a cover of blue monday and gently caress it up? how do you do a cover of blue monday and look gayer than new order while doing it?

these are the mysteries of numetal

Sever immediately.
I used to work with two ladies in their 40s and they would only listen to nu-metal/rock all loving day.
Maybe it was their second rebellion oh no wait they had lovely taste in everything.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

Sever immediately.
I used to work with two ladies in their 40s and they would only listen to nu-metal/rock all loving day.
Maybe it was their second rebellion oh no wait they had lovely taste in everything.

Now that I'm getting into my late-30's, I can say with authority that that seems to happen to women who get knocked up just as they're getting into their prime clubbing years. I've come to think of it as a defense mechanism that keeps them from realizing how poo poo their lives are.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

I JUST threw mine out after reading Blue Story's thread, realizing I shouldn't keep old junk. IIRC mine had P!nk, some music from Africa and Japan including Malice Mizer

Malice Mizer? God drat

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Content:

:regd04:
:regd05:
:regd06:
:regd07:
:regd08:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I am a proud :regd08: newb. :)

Thanks Obama!

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
http://bash.org/

IRC in general, really. Some people still cling to it (goons :v: ) but it is very early aughts. Not that I'm in a place to complain, given I still sign into AIM on the daily.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?

aka Auto-Malware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zeroisanumber posted:

Now that I'm getting into my late-30's, I can say with authority that that seems to happen to women who get knocked up just as they're getting into their prime clubbing years. I've come to think of it as a defense mechanism that keeps them from realizing how poo poo their lives are.

I can corroborate this assessment. Funny how people get locked into a culture bubble. Not me. I don't have kids or a lovely life so I'm current, hip and selfish.

• Locked thread