Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

corn in the bible posted:

jazz is good you dummy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTK_k82WqCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jazz is good you dummy

So the comparison holds up

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm like 20 pages too late in saying this but I can understand Ravane having trouble with Undertale if he has MS, but what was the excuse of that guy that was agreeing with him that it was too hard? Because unless you literally have a physical illness, Undertale, with a few optional exceptions, is really not very hard.

Speaking of those exceptions: I at first was reluctant to do a genocide run because it made me feel horrible especially after the true pacifist run. Now I'm not sure I want to do it because I don't think I want to put in the hours of effort it will take me to beat Sans :argh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

RE: Everyone bickering about the obviously fake NX controller for the past week: :owned:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/25/11303690/nintendo-nx-controller-hoax

Proving again that I'm really smart.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

anime is like jazz music. almost all of it is utterly terrible masturbatory fluting on the hump, but every now and then there's a miles davis or a cowboy bebop

This metaphor doesn't hold up because Disney cartoons and Blues are nothing alike.

I do like how you mentioned a "good anime" and that it's notable for being one of few animés to have a Jazz and Blues soundtrack. The Seatbelts own.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

I'm like 20 pages too late in saying this but I can understand Ravane having trouble with Undertale if he has MS, but what was the excuse of that guy that was agreeing with him that it was too hard? Because unless you literally have a physical illness, Undertale, with a few optional exceptions, is really not very hard.

Speaking of those exceptions: I at first was reluctant to do a genocide run because it made me feel horrible especially after the true pacifist run. Now I'm not sure I want to do it because I don't think I want to put in the hours of effort it will take me to beat Sans :argh:

Maybe you're referring to me. I think I just died two or three times to a boss (the spider lady maybe) and wasn't motivated enough to try again. It's also possible that the nearest save point was a fair distance away, plus I just wasn't having enough fun.

"X actually isn't that hard :smuggo:" is usually a sentiment reserved for Souls games so it's strange seeing it invoked here

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The spider lady is one of those trick JRPG bosses that you can't actually beat, you just need to survive until the battle ends on its own after several turns. Barring a few tricks to get it to end early like using one of the spider items you can buy at the beginning of the game or somehow getting 9999 gold and buying something from her bake sale earlier.

:3:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

spider dance is the best song in game, followed closely by ASGORE and then probably death by glamour

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe you're referring to me. I think I just died two or three times to a boss (the spider lady maybe) and wasn't motivated enough to try again. It's also possible that the nearest save point was a fair distance away, plus I just wasn't having enough fun.

"X actually isn't that hard :smuggo:" is usually a sentiment reserved for Souls games so it's strange seeing it invoked here

Being challenged by it is fine. Being so challenged to you gave up on it is weird because even if you're finding it hard, it really just isn't THAT hard. I'm not trying to be :smug: about it and say that I'm great at games. It's just of the many things Undertale is known for, there is a reason that being superhard (outside of the genocide route) isn't one of them. At the very worst you just need to go back to the your favorite shop, fill up on healing items and I don't think there are many bosses that can really do enough damage for it to be a problem if you use your healing items decently well.

Like, I'm not trying to beat up on you but it's like hearing that someone gave up on Mario Galaxy or something because it was too hard. I mean yeah there's some challenge there but not enough that it should be putting you off.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The spider fight was the one I had the most trouble with, personally, but I'm pretty bad at bullet hells. Restricting movement really hosed with me.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Muffet might be the one time in Kickstarter history where a backer's character actually wound up being an asset to the game instead of being :jerkbag: like the golden named NPCs in Pillars of Eternity.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

Muffet might be the one time in Kickstarter history where a backer's character actually wound up being an asset to the game instead of being :jerkbag: like the golden named NPCs in Pillars of Eternity.
All the backer characters in LISA were rad and fit so well that you wouldn't know otherwise.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Being able kill and take the poo poo of backer npcs actually makes the already broken economy easier to break.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nasgate posted:

Being able kill and take the poo poo of backer npcs actually makes the already broken economy easier to break.

The newest expansion actually added a weapon that gets more powerful by killing backer characters with it which is such an amazing troll that it almost entirely justifies everything.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

behold the anime

Oh good luck that game destroyed me

(I'm not smart)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sleeveless posted:

So Sorry is almost what you mean but he has randomized hats so he's ok anyway.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What are some decent video game news sites? I've been using Apple News for everything which has worked out well. I just have nothing in the way of video games since the only thing I've used for the past 5 years is something awful. It looks like gamespot and ign and kotaku are poopy as always.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avocados posted:

What are some decent video game news sites? I've been using Apple News for everything which has worked out well. I just have nothing in the way of video games since the only thing I've used for the past 5 years is something awful. It looks like gamespot and ign and kotaku are poopy as always.
There aren't any.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Avocados posted:

Shoryuken.com

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also eventhubs, and the SNK KOFXIV homepage.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The best gaming news site is youtube

where I watch game trailers

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like rock paper shotgun sometimes. Is that still good?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So Sorry is almost what you mean but he has randomized hats so he's ok anyway.

At first I was weirded out by some dude putting his fat fetish fursona in the game but the fact that he paid $1000 and then explicitly asked for his character to be hidden away to the point that most players would never actually encounter him was kind of awesome. That and people getting trolled into thinking that killing him didn't count on a non-lethal run and ruining their playthroughs while completely missing the moral of the game.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
For games news I might redirect you to a place called "the games subforum,"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like rock paper shotgun sometimes. Is that still good?

No

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Forbes Gaming

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No Such Thing posted:

Forbes Gaming

:barf:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hey, it's better than breitbart gaming.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sleeveless posted:

At first I was weirded out by some dude putting his fat fetish fursona in the game but the fact that he paid $1000 and then explicitly asked for his character to be hidden away to the point that most players would never actually encounter him was kind of awesome. That and people getting trolled into thinking that killing him didn't count on a non-lethal run and ruining their playthroughs while completely missing the moral of the game.

its still pretty loving weird

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

its still pretty loving weird

If the chick who paid for Muffet had a fetish for multiple limbs or the Tsunderplane guy was an aeromorph it wouldn't make them any less great.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I read RPS for PC gaming news and uh this thread and the ps4 thread for other news

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Electric Lady posted:

For games news I might redirect you to a place called "the games subforum,"
those guys are totally in the devs' pockets

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

behold the anime

TRUTH IS OUT THERE

also drat he makes a normally lovely school uniform look sharp

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Awwww yeah baby, Digimon action is heating up

got me my motherfuckin' boxing cactus

Somebody beatbox the Punchout theme because it's about time for a training montage.

yo dawg back me up on the kazoo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
maybe it's because i'm a dummy but i'm liking Talos Principle more than The Witness so far

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

precision posted:

maybe it's because i'm a dummy but i'm liking Talos Principle more than The Witness so far

No Talos is way better.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

The Talos Principle is loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's one puzzle in Talos that I had to look up but it was annoying because I had the right idea but my angle was slightly off. Kind of frustrating but otherwise it's a cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh and I had the AI break for me multiple times in a row during the finale which ticked me off too

• Locked thread