Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just finished Apollo Justice. That last case is absolutely crazy and I loved it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IPyQBgbF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIaox2RHDvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQZRwXZJpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msUQmUveWRk&t=169s

corn in the bible posted:

he rides around in a wheelchair and helps you fight ghosts
Cool

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 27, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a few hours of Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Edition Alpha Omega Revelations or whatever it's called. It's very cool and a big improvement to what was probably my favourite FF of the past ten years. I appreciate what the fan translators did, but I noticed a few instances of poor grammar on their part, like saying "a well trained warrior" instead of "a well-trained warrior". Oh well

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If I want to try the Yakuza series, which one should I start with? 3?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe, 3 has a very slow, like seriously multiple hours before it really gets going, start so you might be better off with 4 if you don't care about playing them in order.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Dr Cheeto posted:

Just finished Apollo Justice. That last case is absolutely crazy and I loved it!

Isn't the last case the one where the magician kills himself and makes it look like his kids killed him? I understand they wanted to make a tricky mystery but that poo poo makes less sense than usual in an ace attorney game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

4 has a recap of 1-3 and also is better than them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Broseph Brostar posted:

Isn't the last case the one where the magician kills himself and makes it look like his kids killed him? I understand they wanted to make a tricky mystery but that poo poo makes less sense than usual in an ace attorney game.

No, what actually happened is the magician killed himself and the jealous apprentice set it up so that it looked like the other apprentice killed him. Jealous apprentice already had the gear for this because he had planned to kill the master and frame the other apprentice but had a change of heart and didn't go through with the murder. Then defense attorney Gavin does his crazy thing.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, I was having trouble with a tough boss and I swapped in Gekomon on a lark and he just loving obliterated it.

Gekomon for digi VIP. All hail the Gekomon and his defense-ignoring attacks.

I feel slightly confused still by how the elemental weaknesses work in this game. I guess Vaccine beats Virus, Virus beats Data, and Data beats Vaccine, but there's a second triangle that's based on elements like fire and wind too...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

4 has a recap of 1-3 and also is better than them

Is there any reason not to get it on PSN?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I hated it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Hobo Phoenix is worth it alone

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I played a few hours of Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Edition Alpha Omega Revelations or whatever it's called. It's very cool and a big improvement to what was probably my favourite FF of the past ten years. I appreciate what the fan translators did, but I noticed a few instances of poor grammar on their part, like saying "a well trained warrior" instead of "a well-trained warrior". Oh well
Especially since it should have been translated as "He's a, well... trained warrior."

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Apollo Justice is the worst Ace Attorney game but it's still good.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lizard Wizard posted:

Apollo Justice is the worst Ace Attorney game but it's still good.

This is a fair assessment. I did like the perceive system but it desperately needs rewind/fast forward buttons. Even if you could narrow down your search to one statement searching all the possible locations for a tell took a lot of time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wow, I was having trouble with a tough boss and I swapped in Gekomon on a lark and he just loving obliterated it.

Gekomon for digi VIP. All hail the Gekomon and his defense-ignoring attacks.

I feel slightly confused still by how the elemental weaknesses work in this game. I guess Vaccine beats Virus, Virus beats Data, and Data beats Vaccine, but there's a second triangle that's based on elements like fire and wind too...

the elements (fire, wind, light, etc) cause 1.5x damage if you hit their weakness. there is no resistance, however, so you won't be penalized for hitting a fire digimon with fire or whatever. this part of the attack type comes from whatever element the skill you used has next to it, which is why it's good to have a variety of elemental attacks on your move-list.

the virus/data/vaccine thing causes 2x damage if you hit the weakness, and 0.5x damage if you hit their resistance. so it's way more important to get this right than the regular elemental triangles! but targeting both weaknesses will net you 3x the regular damage, which is obviously preferred.

a lot of the story bosses are neutral though, which means you should just use piercing or fixed damage attacks on them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

having lots of different elemental attacks is one reason you want to make your digimon into lots of different things rather than just switching him between the same two forms every time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help, my jam team is trying to hijack my writer duties.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Tell 'em to gently caress off.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This game's localization is laughably janky ha ha. This is really slipshod in a lot of amusing ways. The game kind of matches it though; I just got a quest to help somebody find a lost object that was literally three feet away from them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Tell 'em to gently caress off.

They don't like that I'm trying to set this RPG in 1990s compton with no fantastical elements.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

They don't like that I'm trying to set this RPG in 1990s compton with no fantastical elements.

Extra tell them to gently caress off.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
sounds like ur working with some nerds instead of epic cool devs. s

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Actually, you should add lots of fantastical elements. Final Fantasy: Compton. Dropping dope beats and thundagas on weak-rear end punks. You can collect the members of NWA as summon materia.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Actually, you should add lots of fantastical elements. Final Fantasy: Compton. Dropping dope beats and thundagas on weak-rear end punks. You can collect the members of NWA as summon materia.

ugh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Hmm sounds like you should name it "Galactic Champion".

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

A good reaction to every 8-bit scholar post

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I don't want to infringe on this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf9CL8UpBac

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

haha yeah collecting black people... what ahoot!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I don't want to infringe on this classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf9CL8UpBac

Somehow I expected Barkley's Stand up and Jam Gaiden.

Disappointed after all that build-up to see that The Sewer Goblet was a roguelike.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256659074/movie480.webm?t=1457339773

Also, it's finally here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/crysis-co-op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4rft6SZT0E&t=49s

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lizard Wizard posted:

5 is fairly standalone and the best game in the series, doesn't come with recaps of the older games like usual but you can find them on youtube and someone probably made one for 4

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

lol

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Sleeveless posted:

David Hayter continuing to render himself unemployable is depressing but Kurt Russel voicing Snake does sound awesome.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/26/11309190/david-hayter-solid-snake-metal-gear-solid-3-5-snake-eater-phantom-pain

See, I see this as just Hayter giving evidence to the fact of Kojima being a dick for no apparent reason.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

haha yeah collecting black people... what ahoot!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Grimace posted:

See, I see this as just Hayter giving evidence to the fact of Kojima being a dick for no apparent reason.

It's funny that Big Boss has the same voice as Solid Snake but it would have been cool if he did sound different. Hayter's performance in 3 is drat near perfect though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. The slide’s been reinforced. And the interlock with the frame is tightened for added precision. The sight system is original, too. The thumb safety is extended to make it easier on the finger. A long-type trigger with non-slip grooves. A ring hammer… The base of the trigger guard’s been filed down for a higher grip. And not only that, nearly every part of this gun has been expertly crafted and customized.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

In Training posted:

The feeding ramp is polished to a mirror sheen. The slide’s been reinforced. And the interlock with the frame is tightened for added precision. The sight system is original, too. The thumb safety is extended to make it easier on the finger. A long-type trigger with non-slip grooves. A ring hammer… The base of the trigger guard’s been filed down for a higher grip. And not only that, nearly every part of this gun has been expertly crafted and customized.

Snake, this is a McDonald's drive-thru...!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Snake, this is a McDonald's drive-thru...!

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

In Training posted:

God that was such a great delivery. :allears: The enthusiasm is palpable.

• Locked thread