Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So now that Taint Reaper is gone for at least a month, who is going to post completely made up, slightly worrying and plausible sounding game facts for no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So I am playing this game, it is called Enslaved. I am a big man with no shirt and I climb things.

It is pretty good!

Like with most NT games, I liked Enslaved more than my at people but just be warned the ending is really, really bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've finally gotten around to playing Sleeping Dogs. So far it seems p dope. I don't think it does anything amazingly but it does everything at least slightly better than most open world games would. Like most open world games do a few things really well and everything else is poo poo. Sleeping Dogs doesn't do anything amazingly well but it also manages to be above average in all categories and below average in none.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Daisy isn't a Nintendo certified official princess. Luigi could date Rosalina though

What's unofficial about being the Princess of Sarasaland? :colbert:

PantsBandit posted:

Just lol if you don't think Luigi and Daisy are swingers.

I guess that would explain why she feels the need to constantly introduce herself.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Shining franchise died I the PS2 era when Sega put the "Shining" name on a bunch of terrible low effort fantasy games that had almost nothing to do with SF. It's unfortunate too because it was a series that pretty much had no bad entries. Maybe with FE becoming more of a thing, Sega will do something new. God I would kill for a translated SFIII trilogy. It'll probably never happen though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stop hating, Stux

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Yah yah yah yah yah

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

i want another space channel 5

I did my best to express this sentiment when I filled out that Sega survey. Won't be the same without Space Michael though :smith:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Super Paper Mario was really bad. You could either look at it as an RPG with the mechanic complexity to of a platformer or a platformer with the precision of an RPG and it was bad either way. The game had some charm but overall it was a worst of both worlds situation

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'll play your level after Venture Brothers.

I keep falling really behind on this thread.

I beat Sleeping Dogs this week. Overall a really cool game and open world games in general aren't my favorite but it did everything in a fun enough way that I enjoyed it overall. I do sort of wish it was more like Yakuza in that the gunplay, while serviceable, was still far weaker than just beating people up and I wish they just focused on that overall. I also sort of wish I just skipped the dlc. Nightmare was kinda cool in concept and even in design, but it was really short and repetitive depsite the shortness and really you've seen almost all it offers with in the first few missions with it not really building to anything interesting. Year of the Snake was even worse with just kind of dull and redundant missions and some really boring and annoying side missions. They weren't awful but they were a huge step down from the base game and overall left me with a more underwhelmed last impression than I overall would have had.

I also have been playing AAC and Broforce and both are really fun in their own way. AAC is the better game but Broforce is a dumb good time. Any game where, as Macgyver, I can throw dynamite on a guy who then runs screaming towards his friends and then blows them all up along with a pile of explosive barrels which then take s a huge chunk out of the level can't be all bad.

I've also been playing EDF with a friend and we're getting close to the end of the initial game and of course that game rules. I am kind of disappointed that I spent a large amount of time grinding for a better laser on the beach, and I finally got one only to discover that despite being a higher level, it was still worse than the one I was using. I still did get some good new stuff for my Wing Diver so it wasn't a waste overall with.

I've also been playing through VNs with the same friend. We kind of started by playing through Hatoful Boyfriends on a whim (well actually we started with Arcsys games which eventually were so VN like that I figured it would be easy to just also play some actual VN) and since we've moved onto Walking Dead Season 1 (which is technically a different but close enough genre) but we're through that and now on Stein;Gate which I got on sale and even though I'm not even through the first chapter is WAY better and smarter than I was expecting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Matrix games were so bad they killed Shiny.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how that Speed Racer song doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to an Aphex Twin song, at least the SoaD Zelda sorta sounded like them if you didn't really know what they sounded like.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stuntman would have been good if it weren't a trial an error game that took like 30 seconds to load every time you messed up. Like I remember it actually being really fun but the load times just killed it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I remember thinking it was really good but I also remember being terrible at it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand the Supreme Court decreed it a vegetable so there for if you're not some sort of godless foreigner, you'll say it's a vegetable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Enter the Matrix is a LOT better than people say. the controls kinda suck but its still really good.

The main problem Enter the Matrix had was it was beaten to the punch of the main thing that would make a Matrix game interesting by Max Payne, which also happened to do it better than ETM did. After that you just had a very bland game that didn't control all that great even at the time. It wasn't the worst movie licensed game ever, but it also certainly wasn't even approaching good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have not had a chance to play it much yet, but Salt and Sanctuary seems like a really cool game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

crono trigger is a bad game

Possibly, but Chrono Trigger is really good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Why does this thread dislike video games so much?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, you people should relax and enjoy video games. They are fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yes, Metroidvania is an overly attributed term but doesn't mean it's not a thing.

Paladinus posted:

What about video games that are not fun?

See this is the attitude I'm talks my about

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

unbelievable that someone told me to kill myself in the xbox is bad thread and yet the mods do nothing. bring back kewpuh

Maybe the mods want you dead

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

i thought this was a joke untli now. is this whats happening? unbelievable that the mods see fit to denigrate my name and wish me death.

Maybe you should post better.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

There are only 3 FF games on the SNES, out of a billion games.

Someone's forgetting about a little game called Mystic Quest :viggo:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

Funny to visit a thread where I'm the best poster. :smuggo:

Nope

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

I think you can deal with handle yourself in the xbrr xooon thread stux.

That said, the SNES and Genesis are both good with the very notable and common exception where you're 8 years old and you could only pick one because that's all your family could afford and now you're going to spend literal years justifying that choice you made by complaining about the platform you didn't pick.

I'm pretty sure Stux is 8 though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Stein;gate lately. It's really good and tries to not seem anime as gently caress with good writing and a watercolor style but when you get down to it, it's still anime as gently caress. Still it's hard to dislike a game where a character refers to the Large Hadron Collider as "moe".

I've also been playing Gravity Rush which is oddly simultaneously anime and French as gently caress.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

White noise poster is the dumbest forums insult ever.

Especially when it's coming from a poster that people only know for being terrible

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

leave stux alone......... !!

Why?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mitsuru ruled and if you think she was a dominatrix I think you might be mixing your fantasies up with the actual game.

Unrelated, I'm watching a Longplay of the T2 arcade game and man this game is terrible. I always thought the original Arcade was good and LJN just hosed up the home ports but nope the Arcade is just overflowing with quarter devouring unfun bullshit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

You which one is just unfun bullshit? the Terminator game for GB. No continues whatsoever. Sure it's short but goddamn is that game bullshit.

Also up there with the first Terminator game for the NES.

Well all of them really. I just remembered the actual Arcade game being fun but like everything after the second stage is just designed to take quarters rather than be fun. If anything it's worse than the console version because there are more horrible stages and even more stuff on the screen at the same time. like you thought the protect the truck stage was bad on console? Well have twice as much stuff trying to destroy that truck. Later in there is a worse version of that stage. Also, while it doesn't prevent you from going forward if you fail like the protection stages, the Cyberdyne stage is even harder to actually 100% and like in the console, you don't 100% it? Bad ending!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I remember there being a PS2 Terminator game that was alright but yeah no one has really done that series justice. The Sega CD one isn't awful but outside it being the first game ever to have a soundtrack featuring actual electric guitar, it's a pretty unremarkable game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

whatever the arcade terminator game was that was ported to mega drive owned

damnit Stux, if you're not gonna even bother following the conversation gtfo

I mean this whole thing started with me explaining that that game is really bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

oh

no that game pwns actually

When was the last time you actually played it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just beat Gravity Rush Remastered. Cool, fun and charming game. It had it's problems but nothing that really ruined the experience. It's rare to see a game that is simultaneously anime and French as gently caress at the same time but it pulls it off.

Also holy poo poo does the sequel look rad as hell.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Finally getting around to playing Undertale. Game is real cool. Flirting with skeletons is dope.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

that dog does not have time to talk about its gender, it is trying to save the world using spaceship controls not designed for its species

I know Silent Hill is supposed to be different for everyone that goes through it but this is ridiculous

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The movie is still the best video game movie, which says more about how bad video game movies are than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The second Silent Hill movie is probably the worst video game movie. Just complete loving garbage on every level.

• Locked thread