Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
what is this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
why is this pathetic excuse for a thread stickied

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

limaCAT posted:

Yo guys, requests?

stop posting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

VideoGames posted:

This is the best general chat thread we've had. The other one never stood a chance against these MS Paints.

you dont even know how good mine wouldve been. you aborted it before it had a chance at life. i hate u with everything in me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
lady naga is right and 90% of snes rpgs are dull uninspired trash much like everything else on any nintendo console ever made

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mistle posted:

This, but any system that has the influence to spawn shovelware.

There's will always be cruft to dredge through, but on every system, it's possible to find a game worth one's time. Might not be the same game for everyone, but that's okay

no it's specifically nintneod consoles because it's not just the shovelware, it's the normal releases as well

Lady Naga posted:

No I talked about the LP and Rosetta a fair bit in the last thread I guess I just overestimated how much I did.

i know what ur talking about dw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

net cafe scandal posted:

Can someone help me find the Call of Duty thread.

wii u tag

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
im really jazzed the only good platformers from the n64 are getting extended with yooka-laylee and will be multiplat

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

VideoGames posted:

Everytime I see this, I shake my head in amazement.

mp3 being that much lower than cd is almost the most ridiculous part

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
almost

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Snak posted:

I'm so dumb and the video capture card that I ordered might not get here until APRIL 22 WHAT THE gently caress. But it's already shipped so it's too late to upgrade shipping.

That is not in time for Dark Souls 3. My dream of doing a blind let's-play is rapidly dying.

It's not like I was going to be able to do a good one anyway, I've got no streaming experience. I just thought it would be fun.

every platform it's releasing on has native streaming and recording what are you doing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lady Naga posted:

Does Xbone have native streaming I thought you could just record short clips

yes, they even had "exclusivity" with twitch at launch (although got twitch streaming after the ps4 somehow)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
xbox one: clip recording up to 5 minutes, twitch streaming

ps4: clip recording of up to 15 minutes, twitch, ustream and youtube streaming

pc: whatever the gently caress u want i guess

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

FirstAidKite posted:

i hope evyerbody is ahving a good day today

having a good day, gonna work out, then own some noobs with my sick shotgun skills on call of duty black ops 3. later i will get extremely high and play persona 4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

bloodychill posted:

Working and having to pay a lot of attention because my bosses are visiting from HQ. Games sub forum visits during bathroom breaks.

Been enjoying playing bloops3 with goons lately. Man some goons rage though.

please do not talk abou tmy good friends macys and jones like this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
this video is completely true and good and im glad i finally found a video covering all the reasons gta 4 is a better game than 5 and is probably the best gta ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Wii U owners should check that out.

*a sullen looking tumbleweed blows thru the thread*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
whoa reu

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Jay Rust posted:

ubisoft isn't good at games lately, why would this new one be any different??

becayse the beta was really fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Why are so many good games hosed up by pointless crafting? I've been playing the new Dying Light DLC and it's really cool, you get a badass buggy that you can customize with flamethrowers and poo poo. But every time you want to upgrade your car you first have to go find/buy 3 wire, 5 screws or some poo poo like that. You've already got a leveling system, just gimme my cool poo poo when I unlock it! Goddamn!

because people enjoy crafting so it has become a popular feature to add to games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, what people won't tell you is that random encounters are terrible and Undertale is like 50% random encounters. I got bored with it around a quarter of the way through (also because I'm bad at the bullet hell stuff) but I watched a Let's Play and feel fine about it.

undertale encounter rate is so low there is no way this is actually an issue for anyone

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Sleeveless posted:

Now I'm trying to think of a protagonist in an open-world GTA style game who isn't morally repugnant. I guess the dude from Red Faction: Guerilla is good since since he's fighting an unjust colonial regime but he does that by destroying infrastructure, killing natives, and being complicit in torture so idk.

Same for the guy in The Saboteur fighting the Nazis as they occupy Paris, though he is a smoker :v:

niko bellic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Ravane posted:

This is not really an argument. This is just an opinion. Replace media with people or religion or bear-watching or freedom of speech and it would be just as valid.

Like the only responses to this I can come up with is, why should anyone care and what can anyone do about it (besides censorship)?

source your quotes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Anyone who takes tips on how to act in real life from a god drat video game is already hosed to begin with. Watch_Dogs isn't to blame for that.

beeo boop im a robot hwo human brain function? how thoughth formed?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Do you wish to suggest an alternative interpretation?

do uthink typing like this is a 10th grade essay makes u sound smart

Ravane posted:

Yeah, after I understood that this is what he meant, I stopped arguing. I feel like this statement could have been made clearer if Naga stopped posting like a thirteen year old on tumblr.

Anyways, namaste. :) Let's all move on.

lol youre a loving nerd/baby/w/e

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
u two are the weird ones in this situation i ohpethis helps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Well said, Orange Fluffy Sheep. That really just sums it all up.

Well I'd certainly hope it'd make me sound coherent.

makes u sound like a fedora

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Ravane posted:

Please don't do this.

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
*puffs on vape pipe*

me and your internet mother are very upset with u

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

limaCAT posted:

I'd point you years of Italian politicians screaming against videogames like The Sims or stuff like Sailor Moon that they made people gay after newspapers touched on that issue.

Only when Videogames distributors started to flood newspapers of advertisement stopped the cyclical "oh wow videogames are terrible" at least here. Before? It was just a deluge of articles where videogames turned people into monsters [1].

Correlation is not causation, yet people like Jack Thompson, in our case idiots like Giovanardi or Casini, liked to use "uhrr durr, there are violent games and our kids are crap then therefore ban videogames", the only thing that so called-"criticism" omits is the "therefore..." part, but you can't tell me that some people will introduce the "therefore..." part later in the discourse, because I have seen that happening too.

In any case if anyone thinks that videogames turn people violent he is welcome to stop paying the videogames industry and stop playing online videogames, because he is contributing to the problem.

[1] I'm talking about stuff we have seen here in 1996, because some idiots started throwing rocks at speeding cars under highway bridges and killed a lady in the process, and at the the time according to newspapers it was [http://ricerca.repubblica.it/repubblica/archivio/repubblica/1997/01/22/giocavano-in-piazza-ken-il-guerriero.html]Hokuto no Ken's fault[/url], even if I read another newspaper pointing the finger at namco's shooting gallery game "Point Blank" (That's why the kids screamed "bingo" when they hit a car).

one of the dumbest posts ever made

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

P4 would have been better with a FeMC option like P3P had

yes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

Chie still sucks though

queue up a ban on this chucklefuck

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
you get to play as a woman, sorry, female.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lady Naga posted:

Femm Cee is an easier abbreviation that Woman Emm Cee sorry.

what kind of monster actually pronounces the letters of an acronym like this irl

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
noi meant that if you ever said it irl you would say female mc or female main character u owuldnt pronounce the acronym

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

are u 14

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lady Naga posted:

Who's everyone's favourite VAs? Quinton Flynn is really high up there for me.

erin fitzgerald

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what exactly makes TLoU good? Nothing about it sounds good

its fun to play and has an enjoyable story

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't believe you

well obviously its subjective but the people who like the game like it for those reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not sure how you can read my responses and think that's what I have a problem with and not the fact that you just compared a video game publication to the watergate scandal or that debating whether media affects society in a video game chat thread is dumb :shrug:

what are u talking about lmao

absolutely anything posted:

hey all its me the games media analyzer and thinker (._.) . o O (games media analyzaer and thinker) did you know the journalism is bad? they're incompetent gently caress wits? i'd bring up a specific comparison but then you would all say i was comparing them (the classic meme of the under educated). want to read my essay on the societal effects of ubisoft's vigilantism propaganda piece XXXwAtCh_DoGsXXX??? i'm gayyyyyy as hell y'all, as a pejorative

:gb2gbs:

• Locked thread