Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked what I played of luigi's mansion dark moon but I wish it wasn't mission-based, I'd rather just explore the mansion at my leisure and unlock new stuff as I go instead of the mansion changing what places I can go into with each new mission

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I agree, but at least Dark Moon couldn't be beaten in an hour and a half.

I don't think it is bad for a game to be short, tho luigi's mansion definitely could have been a little longer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Did luigi actually hang himself and the whole game is him in hell? Check out my awesome theory here to find out!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am enjoying playing hyrule warriors co-op and I am glad that my fiancee has finally found a character she really enjoys playing as: Zant!

Unfortunately I haven't unlocked his final combo yet, but hopefully I will be able to work on doing that!

What a fun and good game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Zant's gimmick of having a literal crazy meter is good

I have not played him yet, what is it? Is it like Ganondorf's and Ruto's meters?

I hope when hyrule warriors legends comes out I can trade for a wii u dlc code from someone who doesn't want their code, all the new characters sound like fun!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Pretty much, the main difference is that if he doesn't use it up before he hits the limit he'll get too insane and have to lie down for a bit.

Oh, is that why he'll just start laughing? She tells me that the only bad thing is that he'll just start laughing and not be controllable for a bit and that that's the only downside

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you have to use the bar up before it hits full or that happens.

Ok cool good to know!

There are some characters I wish I was better with tho. Dominion Rod Zelda is fun to mess around with but I can't get in the rhythm of using any of her combos except for just mashing basic attack over and over again while her statue is out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

Speaking of Westerns, are the Desperados games any good. I own both of them but have never tried either.

idk about the second one but the first one was the first time I used the steam refund option because the devs had abandoned patching the game and it just did not run well at all. It would seem fine but when a character spotted you, it'd bring up their cone of vision and that would make the game go down to single digits and it's just dreadful. A shame, too, cause it was fun up until that point, and it's not something you can disable either :\

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
instead of the cowboy cat it'd be a revolver in a cowboy hat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My fiancee and I finished off yoshi's woolly world 100% save for stamp collection

I'm legit disappointed there isn't a virtual boy yoshi >: [

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you know if these are decent specs and decent price for a laptop, a tablet, and an external harddrive?

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/special-buys-for-march-9/march-9-detail/ps/p/medion-akoya-s2218-laptop/
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/special-buys-for-march-9/march-9-detail/ps/p/medion-7-tablet-p7332/
https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/special-buys-for-march-9/march-9-detail/ps/p/medion-1-tb1-external-hard-drive-e88201/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Good morning

good moaning

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think the hamburger I ate wasn't at its best.

I think that I've made a mistake.

I feel like I'm going to have a bad time.

Get well soon, 8-bit scholar, and please do not die of burg-related food poisoning

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

That sure is a $200 laptop. If you're not planning on doing anything other than light business work, web surfing, and/or very low-fi gaming, it would do the job...

Cool, thanks for the help :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waaa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody is having a good day on this wigger wednesday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i enjoy video games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i am glad that i can enjoy snes rpgs for what they are: good games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

No, sorry.

i'm sorry you don't enjoy the same games that i enjoy, but i will still enjoy the games that i enjoy because they are enjoyable and i enjoy them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
tbh tho, youre entitled to your opinion but i dont really see how chrono trigger has the same setting as final fantasy 6 and other games you mentioned :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

If you really can't understand why someone would say a game featuring swords, magic, steampunk style futuristic stylings and enemies like ogres and slimes is similar to final fantasy then I really don't know what to tell you.

sure, there are similarities, but i dont think they are the same bland environments because i think they both do different things with their settings.

it is ok that you have different opinions but imo you should be fine with people who don't share that opinion with you, on video games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

My stomach has hurt all day guys and I am grouchy and irritable and I want to eat this banana but I know it will only make it worse.

get well soon, Friend 8-Bit Scholar

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

What makes you think I'm not?

it seemed like you were trying to prove others' opinions wrong :shrug: idk

i like terranigma, its p neat

anybody else like terranigma

also i wish camelot would get to make another srpg...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I have a soft spot for septerra core

theres no argument to be made for it being a good game. it isn't a good game. but i like it. i enjoy it. it's super flawed but it feels like the devs put a lot of heart and soul into it, so even it being a bad game, I still find it enjoyable to play and i like it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i want another space channel 5

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

i've never played crazy taxi but i did play Simpsons Road Rage

All I remember about that game is that I tried it once and it had ridiculously long load times, like what the hell were they loading???

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
get outta here ulala its a trap

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
idgaf what anybody says, i had a fun time playing ultionus and if it is ever on sale for cheap on steam i suggest people pick it up if they enjoy fun, short, 80s style platformers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Waluigi's pinball is one of the best mario kart stages and has one of the best mario kart tunes

wtf was with them not including waluigi in mario kart 7, that was bullshit lol, "too creepy for mario kart" hahha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yoshi's Woolly World is an incredibly good platformer and also it is really adorable and cute to look at

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Skeezy posted:

I'm looking forward to the new Ratchet and Clank game. I've been in the mood for a game like that for a while now.

Edit. Also hi, hello, good morning thread.

good morning!

is the new ratchet and clank game the one that is both a remake but also a movie tie-in?

Lady Naga posted:

and tomorrow's Rosetta's birthday so we're going to be busy with that.

who?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

My life and LP co-star that I constantly talk about in these threads :v:

I only ever remember you talking about super bunnyhop

is that them?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://www.tribdem.com/news/local_n...d21f38a9b0.html

This happened near me lmao

Why does it keep happening!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
its like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_EKHGgWJQ

but replace the car she crashed into with a dollar tree

how does this keep happening!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i dont understand the card battle system thing in the new paper mario

like, whats so special about just holding a card and then flicking it to fight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like ffx but it isnt my fave ff by any means

I havent played ff13 but I can safely say that ff13 is bad because it doesn't have Ark from FF9 in it, despite Ark being a transformer and the summons in ff13 being transformers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hahahaha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
fed force looks like it could be fun, and it is by devs who have a good track record, but they keep trying to push that this is a metroid game and it deserves the metroid name and stuff when they'd be better off imo just explaining that it's a fun metroid spinoff instead of trying to convince people that this is totally a metroid game

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I really hope the hyrule warriors legends dlc will be available for the wii u as well...

dont really wanna get a new 3ds just to play the game as whatever cool new characters they announce for it as dlc >: [

• Locked thread