Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I made Mario out of circles! I coudn't remember how many fingers he has though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sonic

Surprisingly enough these only take about a minute to do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Draw Luigi and Toadette on a blind date

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I didn't expect the date to go so well!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How many February releases have people actually completed?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waluigi has a personality?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Please do a Goku.

Or a Lara Croft.

I've reached the limits of my ability, I think. Thank God I allowed myself the use of colour

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the truth is, i hate video games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are there any good Dark Souls clones out there yet? I need my fix asap

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What has changed in Mini Metro since it was a browser game?

From what I remember, they added a bunch of new cities, some of which had gimmicks (like slower carriages or faster shape-changing) and maybe an extra tool or two, like something that makes commuters embark quicker or something?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate the art direction of 13 so much. All enemies look the same and the characters look dumb. For some reason whoever designed them got top billing on the title screen, so apparently Square is proud of him for whatever reason.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People like X-2's combat for some reason.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Exactly and the one I interviewed for is basically for perm. So yeah, really hoping I got this one.

We're all rooting for you :)

Try to get a union started too, the industry needs 'em

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are the old Thief games worth playing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm worried that the Thiefs (Thieves?) are in that "you had to be there" category of games that are tough to get into if you're playing them for the first time, years after they came out. Like Deus Ex or System Shock 2.

Is it worth risking two Canadian dollars to find out if I'll enjoy them?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Guys, I go take a nap.
You go post new requests.

Waluigi finally getting Donkey Kong to kiss him

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These are better suggestions than mine

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Resident Evil 6 has you fight the same bullet-sponge bosses a bunch of times. Plus you get to see the same environments repeatedly. And the stealth section was really ill-advised. And the story's dumb. But I'd play anything if it's co-op, so I guess that means I enjoyed it.

I also wish the enemies recoiled more when you shot them. Otherwise guns feel like pea shooters.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Developers should stop using "Revelations" in their titles imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah good stuff. Makes me think of Star Citizen, only worst

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What the hell happened circa 1900?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He taught me the sword

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy, the moment I get my sixth party member in Pillars of Eternity is always the moment I lose interest in the game. I hate micromanagement. I'm going to set the game to Easy and just let the AI fight, I think.

I hope Obsidian can forgive me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I actually really like the combat mechanics of Pillars of Eternity, they're very well-considered, I just have trouble managing the amount of verbs you get when you have a full party. It's the same reason I can't play Starcraft 2 multiplayer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm trying to get into the habit of using items in RPGs. Hardest thing I've ever had to do :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When playing, say, Skyrim, I might make Resist Fire potions but then forget to use them against a fire-breathing dragon. Then, while talking to a merchant, I'd notice the potion again, and then sell it because I don't like having a cluttered inventory in these kinds of games. I only ever use healing potions.

Crafting consumables is a fine idea though. Too bad using them isn't an instinct I have yet.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doing schoolwork that's due in like an hour that I should've done yesterday but ViDeO gAmEs happened

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The only person in those games who inspires hate is Nathan Drake

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked fable 1

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So would 2 still be worth playing nowadays?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ubisoft isn't good at games lately, why would this new one be any different??

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol if you're not cynical about everything ever

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah, what people won't tell you is that random encounters are terrible and Undertale is like 50% random encounters. I got bored with it around a quarter of the way through (also because I'm bad at the bullet hell stuff) but I watched a Let's Play and feel fine about it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't mix puzzle rooms with random encounters, game devs

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What? I mean don't interrupt my box-pushing puzzle with random combat and break my flow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're taking my posts too literally I think. Anyway it turns out that JRPGs are just a bad genre of games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I think you're just a bad poster.

Man, I'm having a bad day but it keeps getting worse! :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you want to be angry about a video game protagonist being a psychopath and yet being treated like a cool dude by the other characters, please take it out on Nathan Drake because I hate his smug loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Watch Dogs does have a French Canadian character, which is weirdly uncommon

Edit: maybe not that weird

• Locked thread