Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i beat wild arms tonight

I miss this series. It has the best music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

I like the track that was taken right out of a Clint Eastwood movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Nvju7zDrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

Ecstasy of Gold is rad. Too bad everyone associated the movie's main theme with gunslinger showdowns instead of it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The GameTrailers crew has reformed as Easy Allies, a patreon funded Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDvtdTFf40

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cyron posted:

Who is going to make the new wii u thread?

I wouldn't. Someone else will just come along and try to fit the whole thing in their rear end again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I guess with the Wii U thread locked, we'll just have to wait for the NeXt thread to open.

*whistles nonchalantly*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So what are some good "monster collecting" style games that people would reccomend? Obviously Pokemon, but the genre is pretty big by now, what are some titles you remember fondly?

It's far from perfect, but Fossil Fighters Frontier was fun.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bloodychill posted:

The Wii u is a piece of poop that just happens to be the only console you can play some really good games on (Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, etc). I hope the Nintardo Stewie Head rights some of the egregious wrongs of the Wii U's design and UI implementation but I'll believe it when I see it.

Well the rumor mill does seem mostly positive. I'm really hoping the bit about it being easy to design for is true at the very least.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Considering that devs have stated the NX controller is like a cross between Samsung design and the 2DS, you can rest assured those are fakes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is it good or bad that hoax leaks have gotten so elaborate that if you make a fake image in photoshop, someone might make a physical version in a 3D printer?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crash Course is doing a series on gaming history, hosted by Andre Meadows of Black Nerd Comedy. Starts April 1.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

RE: Everyone bickering about the obviously fake NX controller for the past week: :owned:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/25/11303690/nintendo-nx-controller-hoax

The video that reveals the hoax is great. Good stuff.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

There aren't any.

Just set up a Google news alert for "video games" and then sift through the debris.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hyrule Warriors Legends is all I want to play for the immediate future, chat thread weirdos. I thought you should know about that.

Any particular goodness to report?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

I wish I could be half as cool as Janelle Monae. :smith:

Don't we all.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I missed out on Lady Naga's big red text, awwww

It was overly mean, I think. Not feel good funny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

10 Billion Wives is kind of fun. I don't see why anyone would want more than Apron Wife though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Miyamoto is cool and his creative process is awesome.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 30, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The only one I think he didn't really have a hand in crafting was Kirby, which has always as a result been kinda its own thing.

Metroid too. And Pokemon.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

People who completely squash you at games are not real friends.

I'll have you know that even while I destroy my girlfriend at Mario Kart and Splatoon, I love her very much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I'm texting her the contact info of a women's shelter.

I hope the name of that shelter is Git Good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yokai Watchlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

accurate is fun

GameTheory taught us that this isn't true.

• Locked thread