Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endless Mike posted:

You need to be more specific.
Specifically the Weapon Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Specifically the Weapon Brown.

Nope. Paid $50 from the Kickstarter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

$50 was a softcover and t-shirt :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Right you are! It appears I switched from softcover + shirt to hardcover and no shirt for $55.

EDIT: Honestly, though, this is why I'm so aggressively trimming my monthly purchases. I barely finish the new stuff each week. I've decided that if I'm not excited for a new comic, I'm just not going to buy it anymore.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Hah, you think THAT'S crazy?

...aaand that's it :downs:. That's the entirety of my physical collection minus a few books I have at my parents' house. I'd say a good 60 to 75% of this is backlog (the Marvel stuff I'm like 50/50, the DC/Vertigo and Misc stuff I'm like 60-75% unread). If anyone's wondering what's wrong with my collection, I blame buying books dirt cheap at garage sales, impulsive cart stuffing on Amazon when I'm close to the 25/35$ threshold, and not knowing what the hell I was doing very early on.

Thread'll be up some time tomorrow or Friday afternoon :c00lbert:.

burnishedfume fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 3, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That is unhealthy. Only two omnibuses.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Goddamn, I'd kill for that X-Statix.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Teenage Fansub posted:

Read Original Sin to get it out of the way and make room for good comics :D

Original Sin was pretty decent/not great and there's definitely worse in that pile.

Like RASL, which reads like a pitch for a TV show that never gets picked up. The starting idea is jettisoned for... nothing, except maybe an uninteresting chase story. A decent chunk is spent bloviating about Tesla, the Smith art clashes with the subject matter, just... bleh.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's not hard to get X-statix, I got it last year for 40

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

:(

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not hard to get X-statix, I got it last year for 40

Yeah, but I'm poor. Though it is my birthday this month, so maybe.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

That is unhealthy. Only two omnibuses.

And both of them Marvel! Not now obviously but once my backlog gets trimmed a bit, gotta get the 52 Omnibus or something. :v:

WickedHate posted:

Goddamn, I'd kill for that X-Statix.

It's the omnibus I'm most happy with owning. Although on the other hand, buying an omnibus that collects a bunch of issues I read within the last year or so via Marvel Unlimited might not have been the brightest idea I've ever had.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
This makes me miss the days of being an alcoholic in military dorms. How I loved the feeling of find an unexpected package slip in my mail box and being all like "what the gently caress did drunk me order...?"

And thats how i had an entire run of the original TMNT in 2012.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I've got that X-Statix omni, also, but it's on the read shelf!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Real comic fans have a minimum of five unread omnibuses on their shelves.

I'm all digital baby.

Omnis are such a pain in the rear end to read in those hardbound 600 page editions.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

zoux posted:

Omnis are a gift and a pleasure to read in those hardbound 600 page editions.

ftfy

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

I'm all digital baby.

Omnis are such a pain in the rear end to read in those hardbound 600 page editions.

Lookit this fool, missing out on a world of papercuts.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

zoux posted:

I'm all digital baby.

You don't understand, its cheaper to defend your home with 3 1000+ page omnis than it is to use a single gun with bullets.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

itt post characters that you are certain have unironically said this troper.
  • Kitty Pryde
  • Wiccan
  • Stargirl

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kamala Khan is a 1000% safe bet.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Jubilee
Stephanie Brown
Deadpool

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The Time Trapper while chewing walnuts.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Archyduke posted:

The Time Trapper while chewing walnuts.

The Legion of Superheroes should definitely battle the Time Troper.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

This is correct.

Barbara Gordon probably has. And Misfit.

EDIT: Rockslide

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 3, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Batman.

I mean, he is a Sailor Moon aficionado.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The Tropester, aka Creepypasta Pot Pete

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

The unquestionably most correct answer.

Wiccan's done it unironically, Loki does it specifically because he knows it pisses people off, I'm gonna say Teen Cyclops too because he strikes me as the sort who'd A) check his own page and B) get really huffy and passive-agressive about it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
this is the worst conversation

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Archyduke posted:

The Tropester, aka Creepypasta Pot Pete
:eyepop:
:glomp:

And c'mon folks, Kamala is a dorklord, but she's not insufferable enough for that. And I think she's too young to have been aware of TV Tropes at its most popular.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Kamala writes real person fanfiction.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WickedHate posted:

Kamala writes real person fanfiction.

without their consent. Pretty gross, imo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

boom boom boom typed, a tub of crisco at the ready. Tonight was the night where he finally dared to live his dreams.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

boom boom boom typed, a tub of crisco at the ready. Tonight was the night where he finally dared to live his dreams.

lol if you think I've never eaten a tub of crisco before

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

So does Squizzle and he rules.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

lol if you think I've never eaten a tub of crisco before

I didn't say anything about eating.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

So does Squizzle and he rules.

People always have my consent to write fanfiction about me, as long as I'm the flawless protagonist.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Squizzle posted:

itt post characters that you are certain have unironically said this troper.
  • Kitty Pryde
  • Wiccan
  • Stargirl

I thought "this troper" was code for awful shitbag and all of these and the following that others listed are people I would want to grab a beer with if they were real????

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lightning Lord posted:

I thought "this troper" was code for awful shitbag and all of these and the following that others listed are people I would want to grab a beer with if they were real????

Yeah TV tropers are terrible broken people with disturbing sexual fetishes not just like "young maybe nerdy comic book characters"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The TVT mock threads always focused on the worst 10%. While there's never been shortage of terrible poo poo on TV Tropes, most people who visit the site are casual users who don't even touch the forums or even make edits. The whole site has been cleaned up a lot in recent years and is under new management too. Troper tales hasn't even existed for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

WickedHate posted:

People always have my consent to write fanfiction about me, as long as I'm the flawless protagonist.
Heavy emphasis on the fiction part then.

• Locked thread