Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
As a reminder of how poo poo we are...

quote:

Canada’s immigration minister said on Monday the country has reached a significant milestone with the arrival of 25,000 Syrian refugees.

Immigration minister John McCallum said work continues to integrate the Syrians into the community. McCallum was at Toronto’s Pearson airport as the last two government-arranged refugee flights were arriving as part of the Liberals’ $678m (US$501m) settlement plan.

The refugee resettlement program was launched in November, after prime minister Justin Trudeau came to power and promised to bring in 25,000 government-sponsored refugees by the end of 2015 amid an intense debate in the West over what to do with people fleeing violence in the Middle East.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/01/canada-target-resettle-25000-syrian-refugees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think they meant to say independent climate :airquote:scientists:airquote:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dutton has started showing off his economic credentials

quote:

“I think the economy will come to a shuddering halt and I think the stock market will crash and I think once people realise how dangerous Labor’s economic proposal is , I think they’ll be happy to see an election,” he told 2SM Radio on Wednesday.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

quote:

The Australian Christian Lobby and the senator Eric Abetz have rejected modelling suggesting the “true cost” of the same-sex marriage plebiscite is $525m.

The accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia (PwC) calculated the real cost of the plebiscite at $525m, based on its estimates of $281m for the time cost of voting, $158m to conduct voting, $66m for campaigning and $20m for mental health harms to 50,000 LGBTI Australians.

An Australian Christian Lobby spokesman said PwC was not a neutral organisation because it was a public supporter of same-sex marriage and Australian Marriage Equality, who are working on the “yes” case for the plebiscite.

Lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/mar/14/marriage-equality-votes-true-cost-attacked-by-conservatives

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Anidav posted:

I wonder if Quirk will win despite one of his candidates showing his dick to teenagers and another using international students for slave labour.

Conversation from my coworkers yesterday "well Quirk hasn't done anything to piss me off, so I'll probably vote for him"

• Locked thread