Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Oscars are a bourgeois construct.

You think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The intermission in the hateful eight was awesome precisely because it gave you the chance to have a piss and get another beer during a three hour movie

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The EU is loving awful and JJ Abrams was right to force disney to rule it all non-canon.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Extreme0 posted:

You don't get the right to complain.

Try near three years of Indy talk in a thread where Coohoolin and Pissflaps are the main contributors to the topic.

no-one forced you to read it

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol what happened to ur av? ahahaha

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think you mean Port Talbot

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
if you live within spitting distance of a motorway junction you aint in the goddamn countryside you loving morons

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

XMNN posted:

what are your feelings on pedalos?

I think Adam Johnson is getting what he deserves

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ocrassus posted:

Large group of doctors urge government to ban contact Rugby in schools.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35696238

Maybe not as important as the snoopers charter or brexit, but it's one of those things where I honestly have to sit back and think a moment. I enjoyed Rugby because I was poo poo at football and it provided an alternative way to take part in that social element of school. But on the other hand, it does gently caress kids up and there's no real good reason aside from 'character building' (I prefer to read this as social moulding) bullshit given by coaches and whatnot.

loving hell I broke my nose the last time I played rugby and i have to say seriously, harden the gently caress up, you're going to get injuries in any sort of sport and rugby is probably a darn sight safer than american football.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

forkboy84 posted:

I played rugby in school. Well, I played for the school twice. We got utterly steamrolled both times, and my memory of the first game is pretty much non-existent because I got a big concussion after a hefty tackle (not helped by the fact we barely got any training in so nobody actually showed me how to take a tackle safely), was taken out of the game for about one minute to "catch your breath" & then sent back on. Which is kind of bonkers in hindsight.

if you tackle properly in rugby your head shouldn't get hit, I agree that being pushed out on a pitch to play for the school team without any practice is bonkers. My secondary school was in the countryside (think hot fuzz) so it was a state one but had plenty of rugby pitches and you started from year 7.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
rugby is a good sport and it would legitimately represent health and safety gone mad to stop kids from playing it

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
rugby (union) is good because even the fat kids can be useful

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
league is gay as gently caress though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Phoon posted:

I just had this exact conversation with an old lady on the train

was it this old lady?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
just remember this is Rakosi's theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4paYFz-h4

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

rakosi where do you think buddhism comes from

California

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol you guys are arguing with a loving idiot

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Philippines was to do with the American Empire though?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LOL every one of you fuckers is guilty as hell of exploiting people, loving Spangly A your drugs support all manner of awful people so don't be lecturing that dirty pimp about child slaves.

every one of us shopping in Aldi or Tesco or wherever the gently caress is guilty as all hell and shouting 'full communism now' will do jack poo poo to stop it.

every one of you has sweatshop garments, technology produced by slaves or food and goods that are from a 'squeezed supply chain'.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rakosi posted:

Agree completely.

Spangly A posted:

what? so do I

where is the problem then

glad to be of service

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, existence is monstrous. Do we do something about it or shrug and say "it wasn't just me who made existence monstrous"?

it doesn't really matter who made it this way, it's doing something about it and there's no value in berating people for their participating in this broken society unless you yourself are living off grid in a totally sustainable way.

let's all try to decrease the harm and increase love and positivity, working towards actually making some changes rather than this ouroboros of trolling and poo poo posting.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I admit I'm not hugely knowledgeable about how the sex industry works beyond 70s films, but isn't the entire reason pimps exist specifically because the entire practice is illegal and it's not as if the prostitutes he's got a hold over are going to go to the police because they've got a much higher chance of being thrown away than he does?

It's essentially domestic violence without any sort of legal structure to deal with it. Not even the poo poo structure that exists with regular domestic violence.

Good pimps exploit but also protect, from the Law, from Violent Johns.

This is a really good documentary about the subject.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179074/

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x87kjp_american-pimp-1-of-9_shortfilms

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

How exactly would you do that without using tools and knowledge that were obtained by monstrous means?

And even then that's just going back to

there's a difference between protesting and haranguing someone that they're literally killing children when you're trying to have a discussion.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what's her gun collection like?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it'll be nice when Rakosi isn't married to a criminal

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big scary monsters posted:

I think you're getting him confused with other chronically bad poster The Saurus?

oh yeah lol

how embarrassing

their posting style is quite similar I think

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
oh yeah you're the guy who didn't like his girlfriend staying in the same bed/room as her 'gay' friend

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
guardian.jpg

and which one of you scamps reported me for calling rugby league gay, I copped a 3 day probation for homophobia for that... very funny!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Um....

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

Probably my favourite person ever.

I am not sure if I believe you on this one

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

Now I'm also off probation - that was me. I was in a bad mood from seeing 'human being' being used unpunished in YCS and threw you in it. I only expecting a 6 or 12 hour since it was pretty tepid, 'pologies for getting you three days.

If it makes you feel any better I then got a probation for lollin at our favourite ex-patriot.

it's no biggie, I just thought it was funny that someone reported that as you know it's a game of muscly men grappling one another and because they're pretty much all backs so there's no fat dudes like in union, but whatever, it's cool.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

Can human being be used unpunished in UKMT if it is clearly in reference to the meatballs, which are good?

When I am camping I collect a few faggots and dry them out around the camp fire before I burn them.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

If Gay Rugby was an official variant of the game I might watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ata8F7liAx0

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

My wife is married to me.

At the moment

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

I hope you're not teeing up a homophobic burn.

I am not

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Do you troll your wife pissflaps?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

I've never knowingly trolled anyone.

that's a politicians denial if ever I've seen one!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
America has longer opening hours generally and it's bloody awesome, I work 9-5 so if shops shut at 5.30 during the week that sucks. sometimes I can't get everything I want on a saturday and am doing stuff on sunday so being able to go to the grocery store at 10pm on sunday is quite useful.

Plenty of people do not work monday to friday 9-5 and quite frankly that so many of you are willing to arrange the whole of society around the capitalist work week is loving shocking. let people decide when they want to work and when they want to have time off.

what about the loving jews or muslims who have their holy days on different days of the week??? what about them, sunday as the sacred holy day of rest is no bloody good to them.

fucks sake. open it all up, let people decide what they want to do.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the sacred nature of sunday just reinforces britain as a Christian nation and it's loving sickening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
say "ello ello ello"

• Locked thread