Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

fuctifino posted:

So my MP, Oliver Colvile voted with the whip to cut disabled claimants money who are in the WRAG (Work Related Activity Group) by £30pw.

The whole spin that these cuts will only affect new claimants is a lie. Everyone is being transferred from ESA to Universal Credit at some stage in the future, so everyone will be regarded as new claimants. Those who are in the ESA support group who are then placed into the WRAG after the inevitable UC re-assessment will lose far more than £30pw. They will see their ESA income drop from £186pw to £70 - a massive 62.5%/£116 p/w reduction.

A weekly income of £186pw might seem a lot to some people, but once you factor in a few taxi-trips, the bedroom tax, or the %% that we have to now pay for council provided care, the money really doesn't go that far. I have so many disabled friends who are borderline suicidal over all of this. None of us look towards the future with any kind of hope....

So I decided to out my MP's home address and (until tonight) his unlisted personal mobile number, and posted the image in a number of disability groups.

[Address and number redacted for SA]

When does this switchover happen?

I'm currently on ESA WRAG and carer's allowance for looking after an elderly relative while I have a bleeding hole in my back, early onset arthritis and a bunch of other health problems. Even the Job Centre said I shouldn't be working and the only reason I'm on WRAG is because I signed up as a carer for someone worse off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

fuctifino posted:

It's a postcode lottery re: the switch to Universal Credit. I think they are aiming for everyone to be migrated within the next year to 18 months

They've already switched over DLA to PIP here but not ESA and I can't find anything about a timetable or anything that even looks organised at all. I was also advised by the CAB to go for a medical driving assessment a while back for more evidence to apply for PIP motability in addition to ESA. Problem is getting to the drat assessment centre when I can't physically drive or take a train without incredibly painful back/leg spasms.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Pissflaps do you even bother taking the goalposts off the truck or do you have an entire team ready to move them at a moment's notice?

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Pissflaps posted:

Do you disagree with him?

I have a list here dated last month rating a series of hookers that Pissflaps enjoys shagging, it has no signature, no named source and is written in what I hope to god is brown crayon but I'm sure his wife would be very interested in reading it.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
How long did it take Cameron to deny the pig thing? The story claims it's from his allies, how would it look if he told Parliament that it's made up, followed by the Tories laughing like a bunch of apes then later on it comes out that a bunch of interns drew up the list over hearsay because they were pissed off at all the infighting and disloyalty? Would that still count as Corbyn's gaff if he didn't personally keep track of every scrap of paper in Labour offices? The list itself smells fishy at first glance but the smart move is to check out the story first before replying so you don't later get accused of lying.

It's a non-story, unlike the pig thing which is 100% factual.

I've also seen Labour hammering the Tories repeatedly this past week on social networks, dozens of posts per day with thousands of people sharing and claiming they'll never vote Tory again after these inhuman cuts but the news mainly goes on about IDS. That's not a gaff, that's a stacked deck.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Politics would be a lot more fun if Corbyn could just respond to that with "That's because Brown and Blair are right wing shitfaces just like you Porky and I hope to see you all rot in prison some day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Is this "legitimate aim" to enforce Victorian-fanfic style family morals and punish single women who've had sex at some point in the past? Sounds like a classic Tory policy to me.

• Locked thread