Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kegluneq posted:

Shame as they're quite similar in many regards. At least Mad Max could only be accused of ripping off itself.

...And now I want to see Dredd in the desert, the mooted plot of Dredd 2. Balls.

The Long Walk would make for a good Dredd film. I think Dredd himself has done it about.. three times?

Anyway, while most people read 2000AD as a kid and thought the Judge system and megacities were a terrible vision of a dystopian future the Tories thought they were something to aspire to.

Eventually London will consume the rest of the UK turning it in to Brit-Cit and judges will patrol the streets meting out punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Helen Highwater posted:

Billions of quid spent to murder 7 random dudes.

But they were properly murdered. Like, bits everywhere murdered. None of your lovely half-arsed murdering.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Was just in the corner shop and saw a tabloid with the title "Paedo in his speedo" with a man in his speedo.

I guess this is a public service. They deem this sight to be incredibly disturbing and harmful to children, which is why they've decided to print it on every single newspaper in every single shop in the country. At child height.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Well the British are largely the descendants of people who, when the old British turned up and said "We have a flag" didn't immediately kill them and drive them away so I guess that's why, maybe?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I completely shattered my hip during rugby in school because I had a growth spurt and that apparently made it fair game for virtually every single person in the rugby team to tackle me simultaneously.

Having essentially what is a hip replacement at the age of 13 isn't fun times.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That's an unfortunate surname.

Whenever I think of Dr Fox I think of that DJ who was maybe a nonce (most are)?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Without historical responsibility we pretty much come into a situation where We've Always Been at War With <x>

The entire field of historical study isn't just for shits and giggles, it's because there are usually so many scenarios that have already played out that we can find potential solutions/pitfalls for situations we're currently going through.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The idea of "karma" that exists in Buddhist thought is not the same idea that people "get what's coming to them".

It's basically a form of the golden rule with an even bigger side dose of guilt and shame because if you do bad actions, you not only do those bad actions, but are also responsible for creating a world in which such bad actions exist.

Essentially you're not just doing bad actions, you're also a bad person for doing them.

It's why certain offshoots of Buddhism, such as Jainism, take any form of harm to any sort of life as utterly reprehensible.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I admit I'm not hugely knowledgeable about how the sex industry works beyond 70s films, but isn't the entire reason pimps exist specifically because the entire practice is illegal and it's not as if the prostitutes he's got a hold over are going to go to the police because they've got a much higher chance of being thrown away than he does?

It's essentially domestic violence without any sort of legal structure to deal with it. Not even the poo poo structure that exists with regular domestic violence.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Rakosi posted:

Gonna have to contest the gay thing. You'll be happy to know that we got over that hurdle though, buddy

Wait so he wasn't actually gay and she just wanted to sleep with another guy? :eyepop:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Where's that "British people wrong about everything ever" article?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Actually that thing that horses do isn't an expression of anything. They're utilizing a little known sense they have to smell pheromones.

To maximize the effectiveness of this, they do that with their mouth as it exposes more of the sensory parts to the thing they want to sense.

It's called the Flehmen response and it's pretty neat!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fans posted:

They are evil killing machines and we must be wary.

My family have always been involved in the horse breeding business and one thing I've noticed about horses is that they're the complete opposite of this. They will just give up and drop dead at the drop of a hat.

I think if they weren't so incredibly useful for humans they'd have probably died out ages ago since they're too loving stupid to survive.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Not So Fast posted:

I would wager a lot this is down to horse breeders not breeding for intelligence, but for speed / stamina instead.

You get the same problem in dog breeding where people have breed Pugs that can barely breathe.

Pretty much. I think all domestic horses are the product of a handful of breeding stock.

They have even less genetic diversity than the people riding them.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Pugs are an abomination, and they should be put out of their misery and their owners too.

These are dogs that have their eyes literally pop out of their skull if they sneeze too hard.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I read a pretty thought-provoking (in a very bad way) book by Foucault called Discipline and Punish that does go into some detail about the mentality of why prisons and other institutions of organized punishment came to be.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wales recently moved to a soft opt-out and I'm glad they did.

When I'm dead I'm dead, but I may live on as someone's pancreas. Hopefully an attractive lady.

e: fixed gently caress up

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 6, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Renaissance Robot posted:

For sure, it's the only way you'll ever get inside one.

:eyepop:

The major downside to organ donation is of course that you could end up as a donor to someone like Rupert Murdoch or Dick Cheney or something.

I'm pretty sure oligarchs don't go through the traditional channels and probably just keep street urchins for their purposes but there's always the small chance.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ancient Greeks also liked to claim that the youth were destroying society and that it would all crumble thanks to them and their stupid loving fads.

So they were several thousand years ahead of the curve there.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Demarchy would be the best system for democracy.

At least it would make sure that all MPs didn't go to the same school.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82vl34mi4Iw

Explains the origin of the term. It then became "people of colour" to make sure that it wasn't gender-exclusive.

"People of colour" is a social union. A term of solidarity.

Surely UKMT would be approving of that.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Isn't a pikelet a crumpet?

I wouldn't want to put a nonce's head on a pikelet, it would gently caress up breakfast.

Darth Walrus posted:

Anywhere I can get a detailed analysis of Boris's time as mayor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAyFkJSGMzo

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Cameron, not content with loving pigs, fucks his mum.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Colbert Report etc reporting of the Jimmy Savile thing was pretty fun, because they had the opportunity to show a picture of Jimmy, to a bunch of people who had no idea who he was, and say "Britain didn't know this man was a pedophile"

The jokes literally wrote themselves.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnUUkvGoGs&t=1980s

Louix Theroux talks a bit about the rumours.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mao never stopped being vogue, comrade.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you're doing charity for any other reason than you've got something and somebody else needs it more then you're probably doing it wrong.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
They got the Hatton Garden jewel thiefs, sadly, so here's hoping this guy stays at large.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So what Victorian throwback illness has IDS contracted that has made him rethink his kill the Sick policy?

Hopefully something degenerative that lingers and really gets its hooks into him.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I know it's an incredibly shallow thing but IDS literally looks like a failed attempt to genetically engineer a perfect Tory that, when going through the accelerated aging process, just made him an old baby.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Pissflaps posted:

Does John McDonnell really title himself 'the people's chancellor'?

Can't wait for him to lay the smackdown on some jabronis in the HoP

If only Corbyn would let him off his leash.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That naughty, naughty Gideon.

If only Cameron was in some sort of position of power where he would have ultimate say in the matter. Maybe some sort of official title like First Lord of the Treasury or something.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Tories are getting their knives out. How long are they?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

baka kaba posted:

Is anyone outside the Tories and Labour fanning the flames much? Seems like a good time for some prime trolling to really get some action happening

While it would be nice to see the political equivalent of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m59QO_sBrzw

I'm not sure if there's anyone representing the major parties that has that savvy. Maybe Welsh goons can talk to local members of Plaid etc to get the flames fanned.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fans posted:

Yeah there's no way a budget gets voted down. It'd be a completely insane move that would have Cameron physically strangling MP's to death on the floor.

Well the tories are completely insane, so...

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Fun arts and crafts project for the kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3zbYpOtZjU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't think Sajid Javid has a chance because the conservative party is still racist to the core. An MP? Certainly. A leader? Heaven's no.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Back in the heyday of boat racing, working class bodies would often be floated down the Thames. One corpse managed to, thanks to its remarkable streamlined nature and buoyancy, beat the racers. It is thanks to this that the proud "working class tradition" of boat racing began.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hedgehogs are nice, sweet animals and I would not wish them to be anywhere near Blair's cock, no matter how much anguish it may cause him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The Catholic Church is merely the Roman Empire rebranded. Basically, if you want to be a good Catholic you need to give tyrants what they deserve, be they Caesars or Popes.

• Locked thread