Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"please enter your password"

so I enter it

*like 10 minutes pass, I have to walk away or jerk off or something*

and now I have to force quit the app store

and I still can't get what I want

the only things I can install on this mac are things I have previously installed because as soon as it requests my password it hangs.. logging into icloud for my keychain? hang

logging into account for app store? hang

it even hung when I was setting this bitch up entering my password. I had to force reset, tried it again.. hung again.. I had to set up osx with no account

loves to hang. which is ironic, coz its got a tiny dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagine being asked to pay more money for a part for your computer than the entire computer

also take note anyone who is invested in apple making money - that was a third party vendor. they charge apple that and apple pay it. apple chose the more expensive more moronic option, rather than replacing the entire mac

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
things I thought a mac would be able to do

have osx reinstall and set itself up like I had it before. I shouldn't need a time machine backup for it to remember my email accounts or what apps were installed?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ive recently set up windows 10 on two machines and you know what? I don't get frustrated with it

is it inconsitent? yes.

is it loving stupid how like, they retain only windows vista era dialouges for like pwoer options with new ones for other thigns? yes

but you know what? it works.

at least it's not constantly driving me crazy making me wonder how the hell am I meant to fix something or make something work as its meant to

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

counterpoint: you're too stupid to use a mac

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

close thread, glodmind

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shitface posted:

its actually amazingly disappointing how the solution to every basic problem I have with this mac is that it's my fault

let me walk you through setting up osx, you tell me what I did wrong

"what country do you live in" - I put in my country
"what keyboard type" - thanks for asking, there is only one option. I choose it
"set up wifi" - I enter my wifi password
"turn on location services" - I click yes
"please enter your apple ID" - I do... and it hangs.

I repeated this entire scenario twice

for fucks sake you flaming stupid faces... stop fuckin blaming me for osx and the hardware being a piece of poo poo

"too stupid for mac, but clearly smart enough to excel at the worser and less intuitive operating system windows"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this isn't funny computer. my time isn't worthless here

and yet the hours of janitoring I have to put into this mac is incredible

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pirate windows? spending time janitoring? I accept that. it's part of the contract. I don't complain

but janitoring a mac... isn't this why I paid literally thousands of dollars for a few chunks of poo poo, so this kind of bullshit was avoided

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
that's great but why are you coming to the funy computer forum for sad alcoholic it workers and expecting any kind of help

burning swine
May 26, 2004

mac bad. stay strong echopenis.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trying to make osx promotores feel bad, because they are bad people who should feel bad

anyway I suspect the problem is because I am surrounded by broken morons, and its not me.. dingus at the shop who fixed it.. well on system information now my mac has no serial number coz he didnt flash the new board with the old serial number and coz osx is obviously some pansy rear end needy operating system that support monogomy (down with monogomy gently caress big tittied 21yo girls every day) and not an unemployed polyamourous lifestyle I NOW HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE SHOP AND THATS LIKE OVER AN HOUR ROUND TRIP gently caress gently caress fuckkkkk

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FopeDush posted:

mac bad. stay strong echopenis.

im hanging on by a thread mate

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

echinopsis posted:

im hanging on by a thread mate

a bad one, but at least it's not another megathread

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

op, have u heard of sunk cost fallacy?

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

while you're down at the shop erasing your incompetence your wife will be banging a dude who can use a mac

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

it's me!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

shitface posted:

while you're down at the shop erasing your incompetence your wife will be banging a dude who can use a mac

huh?

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
osx is a piece of poo poo. replace it with a chromebook.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

echinopsis posted:

my time isn't worthless

no

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
lmao you paid retail price for repairs?

when you take it back ask them why you didn't qualify for the (4.5x cheaper) depot repair. do they not have the flat rate repair program in your expensive country?

edit why did you accept the repairs if it didnt fix the problem

Incomplete Fish fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 1, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Incomplete Fish posted:

lmao you paid retail price for repairs?

when you take it back ask them why you didn't qualify for the (4.5x cheaper) depot repair. do they not have the flat rate repair program in your expensive country?

edit why did you accept the repairs if it didnt fix the problem

It would appear he didn't pay a dime, unless im reading the bill wrong.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That's really hosed up. They misspelled "authorized" and "labor."

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple cant stop loving up

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

a cowoker told me that her dad still uses a windows 98 pc and she's getting him something new. she wanted to know what to buy him.

i said macbook air bc windows and old people don't mix

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

akadajet posted:

a cowoker told me that her dad still uses a windows 98 pc and she's getting him something new. she wanted to know what to buy him.

he should upgrade to windows 2000

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shitface posted:

Sharktopus posted:

close thread, glodmind

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

idk why youd think old people and windows dont mix

my olds use windows and they succeed

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

apple cant stop loving up

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Mac users are sexual tyrannosaurs. Read -> Comprehend -> Post.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

idk why youd think old people and windows dont mix

my olds use windows and they succeed

succeed at having their identity stolen by bozi buddy 2.0 maybe

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
So there was a rare defect of some kind, Apple repaired it at no cost to you, and you
a)Blame OS X for what seems to have been a hardware problem
b)Complain about Apple giving you back your original computer so that you don't have to backup and reinstall all your files or wait for them to do it for you

The only thing I'll give you here is that the Mac App Store kinda sucks. But that wasn't the problem, so whatever.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no cost to me was my wife trying to run her business with no computer for over a week, relying on icloud which had not managed to save the latest version of her spreadsheets etc and losing that work

and it would have been nice to have the laptop back to where it was but now I have to spend all that time setting up emails n poo poo again

like I said. I expect to pour time and energy into a windows machine. I expect this mac to do the hard work for me

and thanks to the lovely shop I have to take the computer back to get fixed AGAIN coz osx is a bitch about serial numbers

the repair cost of this laptop terrifies me for owning it for much longer as its likely it'll break again in a month I guess

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
just get a chromebook and you'll always have all your email and sheets and poo poo back the moment you log in

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmmmmm intrigue

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

no cost to me was my wife trying to run her business with no computer for over a week, relying on icloud which had not managed to save the latest version of her spreadsheets etc and losing that work

and it would have been nice to have the laptop back to where it was but now I have to spend all that time setting up emails n poo poo again

like I said. I expect to pour time and energy into a windows machine. I expect this mac to do the hard work for me

and thanks to the lovely shop I have to take the computer back to get fixed AGAIN coz osx is a bitch about serial numbers

the repair cost of this laptop terrifies me for owning it for much longer as its likely it'll break again in a month I guess

because PCs never have hardware failures, and PC manufacturers are just so good :jerkbag: about repairing them when they do.

but i'm sorry you had to endure the hardship of typing in e-mail passwords and other such things. if only there was some sort of automatic backup system built in to the operating system that could've prevented this...

edit: the repair center not flashing your mac's serial # on the new mobo is also somehow OS X's fault, got it.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 1, 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Doc Block posted:

edit: the repair center not flashing your mac's serial # on the new mobo is also somehow OS X's fault, got it.

repair centre, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

echinopsis posted:

this isn't funny computer. my time isn't worthless here

and yet the hours of janitoring I have to put into this mac is incredible

I dunno your time actually does seem pretty worthless

• Locked thread