Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

op, have u heard of sunk cost fallacy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple cant stop loving up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

no cost to me was my wife trying to run her business with no computer for over a week, relying on icloud which had not managed to save the latest version of her spreadsheets etc and losing that work

and it would have been nice to have the laptop back to where it was but now I have to spend all that time setting up emails n poo poo again

like I said. I expect to pour time and energy into a windows machine. I expect this mac to do the hard work for me

and thanks to the lovely shop I have to take the computer back to get fixed AGAIN coz osx is a bitch about serial numbers

the repair cost of this laptop terrifies me for owning it for much longer as its likely it'll break again in a month I guess

sounds like you need to upgrade to windows.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

this laptop is for my wife to manage her/our business. it's mostly emails and a few power pints and spreadsheets. anything of value should be on iCloud but didn't work so smoothly so I will investigate why it didn't seem to have saved the most recent things

if the functionality to save the setup rather than a backup to the cloud doesn't exist I'll just go home disappointment rather than with a silly setup of plugging in an external and backing up manually like some kind of pidgeon

icloud backups on ios will randomly stop working without telling you. idk how it works in osx but its probably the same.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nope. its bad software from a bad company and its one reason I don't use ios anymore.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
her backups probably haven't run in years. you should check it for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's not his problem. his problem is he tried to use icloud backups for doing backups but didn't know that icloud backups will randomly stop working without telling you.

• Locked thread