Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Don't forget the endorsement of a dude who poo poo himself out of the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You think there will be any GOP stragglers after tomorrow? I bet Rubio hangs on.

Ted Cruz might since his pride rivals such celestial bodies as Canis Majoris, UY Scuti, and your mother.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jonas Albrecht posted:

True. I imagine Cruz will stay in until one of his threads gets caught in an escalator, unraveling him and letting all the insects escape.

Don't be mean.

Insects are a valuable part of every ecosystem. Unless you mean wasps and just wasps.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

I can't imagine March will top February, but Super Tuesday is a good way start. I predict a Trump sweep, less mass shootings than days in the month, and McConnel allowing Supreme Court nominees.

Only one of those will happen for real.

You're an idiot if you think this crazy train isn't accelerating.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They deserve the block.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

azflyboy posted:

I'd say Butch Otter isn't terrible (and he blamed a DUI arrest on having soaked his chewing tobacco in Jack Daniels, which is hilarious) but that's largely because our legislature is both terrible and not very competent, so Otter mostly just signs the stupid poo poo they send him.

Last year, the Idaho legislature accidentally made it impossible for the state to collect child support (they somehow thought it would lead to Sharia Law) for a few weeks before sanity prevailed, and they also set up a "constitutional defense fund" in 1995 to help the state fight the US Government in court, which resulted in nine straight court losses that burned through about $2 million trying to defend hilariously unconstitual laws.

Otter's a poo poo heel like the rest of them. He's just smart enough to not be as outward about it.

Good example is him directing the AG to fight tooth and nail to tell gays who were lined up to legally marry to gently caress off and go home. More than once.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 2, 2016

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kro-Bar posted:

As an Oklahoma voter I'm thrilled he not only won here, but won by a huge margin. Also I think Cruz is more evil than Trump, but I'm kinda happy I don't have to live with Oklahoma voting for a candidate that's going to be treated as a "wtf was wrong with you?" moment in American history.

Cruz and Trump are different kinds of evil. Cruz is Palpatine while Trump is more like Mussolini.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cruz is Nixon. No need to compare him to a fictional character.

Nixon's pride isn't anywhere near Cruz.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

It's still the only state he's won at this point. Rubio is dead.

2nd a lot though! He'll pull it out just like his previous version Romneybot 2.0.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Several months from now it will be revealed that Carson was only running to expand the network of his marijuana cartel. Why do you think he's always so mellow?

Thought it was benzos? He's a doctor and they're available via prescription nationally.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Funny you mention that - CNN's Dana Bash is reporting the GOP operatives are approaching Carson about dropping out of the presidential race to run for Marco Rubio's senate seat.

God Bless Florida.

With a hurricane.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Oh gently caress yes. Run the bigots off a cliff.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm feeling pretty good about seeing both the first black and first female presidents in my life time.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

silvergoose posted:

Tell us again the story of how the country, electorally, is virtually impossible to viably elect a republican as president.

It will help the nightmares go away.

*looks at Trump's train pileup*

Yup checks out.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Sir Tonk posted:

It just got more blatant after the ACA. I knew a manager at one of the main car parts retailers nationwide and he said they were requiring him to keep everyone under 30 hours or he'd be fired. He quit a few months later mostly because they couldn't keep anyone that was worth a poo poo, which was just about the most obvious result ever in an industry that relies on their staff having reasonable people skills and at least a basic knowledge of cars.

it'd be one thing if they raised pay to compensate, but of course they didn't do that.

But quarterly profits.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jimbozig posted:

No but how is it legal to bill someone for 6x what experts have determined is a reasonable maximum without them explicitly consenting to your rates? And in the case of an anaesthetist helping with emergency surgery, when do you secure that consent? Before the operation when they are clearly under duress and possibly delirious with pain? Or after, while they are under the influence of powerful opiates?

Edit: like, I saw my dad's condition on drugs in the hospital before he had his major surgery and anyone who thinks that a person in that condition can consent to anything is either ignorant or a con artist.

Because gently caress you that's why. Our profits are worth more than your sorry, pathetic, sick self.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's Hillary's game to lose still.

So we're either hosed or gonna see the first female president depending on how cynical you are. I'm still thinking option 2.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They can still bring out McCain and Bob Dole! They're still alive and kicking right?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bob Dole couldn't even scrape up enough juice to get the goddamn Senate to pass a purely symbolic treaty which enshrined the US Disabilities Act into international law. No one in the GOP gives a straight gently caress about Bob Dole.

Thanks for reminding us about that one. :negative:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

Gosh guys, hearing the guy who proudly belongs to a church that banned blacks until 1978 tear down a guy who was endorsed by the KKK sure swayed my opinion

Who what now? I fell asleep during his speech.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/705448270462590976

Man, That seems kinda lit.

How can I join those college republicans again?

Burn it. Purge the wicked in flame. Leave nothing but ash.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

This is all completely at odds with the schooling I got, and I graduated just 3 years ago. Mine could be summed up as "slash and burn, and when it comes time to sift through the ashes use the disabled because you don't have to pay them minimum wage". Our ethics seminars (a single day of a speaker once a semester rather than a course) had gems such as "Gov. Ryan was right to sell those drivers licenses because he had an obligation to promote commerce in the state" (ignore it was bribery that got people killed). "Enron's activities were ethically grey, only got condemned because they failed" (because they had an obligation to their shareholders and that balances it out, had they been profitable it all would have been ok) and "Arthur Anderson was innocent and their company was destroyed by democrats playing politics" (because the SCOTUS found a procedural mistake in how the case was handled; this was presented as the Supreme Court exonerated them but by then it was too late and that poor poor company had been destroyed by market hating liberals)

Hahahahahaha you went to University of Phoenix.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

the water will be safe to drink once the pesky EPA is destroyed

A few million years after the human race destroys itself yes.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TyrantWD posted:

"They will do as I tell them" - I'm sure that's reassuring the military.

They'll bag him and drag him away like Zap did in that episode of futurama. McNeal one.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Isn't Paul Ryan a secret Muslim?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Good lord political ads now play every other commercial here in Idaho. Is this what it's like to live in Iowa?!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Now imagine that for like 6 straight months

:stonk: :stonk::stonk::stonk::stonk:

Burn it all.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kro-Bar posted:

So this may have already been answered, but I'm confused about what the former Hillary staffer being granted immunity means for her. Does it suggest that he has some incriminating testimony that could damage her in the GE?

Gotta get the media off Trump somehow.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Khisanth Magus posted:

Well, if you are going to strip mine the state economy, you might as well strip mine the state lands along with them!

What resources does land there have? Bog water?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

KiteAuraan posted:

Hey, you never know if there is oil or gold under the flat desert of south-central Arizona well and away from any resource bearing mountains and beneath the 1000 year old village ruins. *A real thing said about why they cannot expand Casa Grande Ruins National Monument

Likely good source of rare earths that'll be economically viable once the EPA is gone.

Translation: gently caress the earth so hard our grandchildren won't exist.

Edit:

Don't worry cpac your attendees already got the think like Reagan part down.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Warcabbit posted:

Project Ratfuck is fully operational, gentlemen.
http://reverbpress.com/politics/battlegrounds/romney-reactivates-presidential-campaign-committees/
Check this, Romney is on the move. This is a bit bigger than just a speech or two.

I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of Romney entering the Royal Rumble as the 30th candidate. His theme song was Money by Pink Floyd.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Panama Red posted:

Louisiana and Kansas have nothing on Oklahoma:

http://newsok.com/article/5391585

http://newsok.com/article/5482383

Yes, single mothers and children may die, but at least they died standing up to the tyranny of Comrade Caliph Barack Hussein Obama :911:

Don't forget about them loving their state so hard earthquakes have spiked.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

Odd considering they trusted Reagan with them though.

Hand him a few jelly beans and he'd forget all about nuking Moscow for another few hours.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

There's no going back. The ground is shaking. A rift is opening.

The skies darken. Thunder. Or is that Ted Cruz spewing putrid miasma again?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Reminder: the green party supports polio.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

No thread turn left from Berniechat

How do you turn left from Bernie Sanders? So like actual Jesus?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Wonder how much of her camp is laughing their asses off between screaming DON'T gently caress UP.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Stop letting fishmech be right.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fishmech is rarely technically wrong.

Technically wrong. The worst kind of wrong.

Isn't there a slapfight thread for people to argue about the youth vote? There's a train wreck y'all aren't paying attention to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Grouchio posted:

What should I tell my father who fears that Trump gets the anti-establishment vote and carries the election?

Dehumanize yourself and face bloodshed.

• Locked thread