Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Slate Action posted:

He's on spring break right now, having retreated to the Twitter Bunker. As soon as he starts doing rallies again the networks will cover them, they can't help it.

I'm sure Trump will still get the same coverage he's always gotten once he ends his vacation, but its not insignificant if they quit letting the low level supporters get away with murder. There's no reason in the world Omarossa should be able to get away with throwing her weight around or that that other Trump supporter should feel comfortable asking Amanda Carpenter if she had sex with Ted Cruz.

Trump's going to get away with murder as long as you want him on air and people like Todd or Tapper who have tried to fact check him or hold him accountable for lies have learned its pointless because he just won't give an inch. But the networks really lost control when they started letting Katrina Pierson and Jeffrey Lord get away with saying crazy poo poo too. Reigning in the surrogates and supporters is a doable goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, when Jim Webb was running I assumed "Jim Webb Democrats" were just Republicans who were put off enough by all the hosed up poo poo in the Republican party that they felt the need to leave the party. But with Webb saying he'd vote Trump now I just have no idea.

Maybe he just really hates Evangelicals?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Smaller scale ones have operated in Florida theme parks over distances of a couple miles in for decades. When a hurricane comes along you pack up the gondolas. If the cable falls you just put a new one up. They took the one out of Disney because it was a hellhole of OSHA violations, not because of hurricanes.

I rode one of those Disney ones when I was a kid and I'm not sure I've ever been more scared in my life. I really can't imagine riding one of these things as public transportation. Intellectually I know they exist and they're probably a lot safer than I think and that's high density cable and if a bunch of people had died on these things I'd know. But I can't get past the idea that I'm riding in a box dangling on a wire. I'm now imagining a morning commute filled with abject terror.

• Locked thread