Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Looks like Bernie's got a pretty decent chance at taking CO too. Holding steady at about 52%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I have faith that Trump's VP pick will be loving mind blowing. Like, picking an actual pro wrestler or something.

... is Jesse Ventura doing anything these days?

Good god, what if he kept his word and chose Palin? :psyduck:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colorado has been called for Bernie :woop:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kilroy posted:

So, while we're talking about downticket races: what happened to 2016 being a supposed bloodbath for the GOP in the Senate? Even in 2013 and esp after 2014 I heard a lot of talk about how 2016 was supposed to be the year where the Democrats regain a sweeping majority in the Senate, possibly even filibuster-proof, due to all those Tea Party wave assholes being up for re-election. What happened?

All of that was based on Dems not doing too bad in 2014, as opposed to doing almost as bad as was possible.

They should still take a few seats, but the massive GOP gains in '14 will make it difficult to regain the majority.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

"Contact the Cuba."

e: drat you^^^

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Looks like California will raise its minimum wage to $15/hr by 2022 (2023 for small businesses) and index it to inflation after that.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-minimum-wage-deal-20160326-story.html

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colorado is all mail-in ballots these days, so we can smoke our legal weed while voting for socialized medicine this year :350:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Kasich would blend in perfectly as a middle-manager at any rural Lowe's in America.

I work at Lowe's. I just tried to imagine Katich as my boss and holy poo poo it works :stare:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

axeil posted:

This would be cool so local-transit-chat doesn't derail USPol. Make sure and let us all know when it's up. I want a place to talk about how subway systems across the country are becoming failed organizations.

Agreed, I'd love to see a public transit thread to nerd out about and probably never post in. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

That was pretty tame, and the guy heard in the video is way too high-strung.

• Locked thread