Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is not a psychotic episode - it is a cleansing moment of clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Northjayhawk posted:

If Trump gets screwed at the convention, it will be too late to run independent. To get on the ballot as an independent, (assuming you have the money for signature gatherers and fees) you gotta get going right about now to meet all the deadlines. All of the deadlines in all 50 states are before the conventions, to prevent a sore loser from running.

Trump would run as a write-in.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Northjayhawk posted:

No he wouldn't

Why not? Most of his success has been name recogniton and press coverage. He has the ego to try if the GOP denies him the nomination.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Final Revelation is at hand!

I have seen the shattering fulgurations of ultimate clarity!

The light is impending! I bear witness to it.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've just been quoting the wonderful film 'Network' (1976)

A film that has come true in so many ways.

Donald Trump will be assassinated if it will save his ratings.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

Bernbros aren't racist, no siree.

silvergoose posted:

Given that all the african americans in the south were voting in the dem primary, and for clinton, nice post here.

I thought you loved statistics? Bring on the turn out figures!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Population is not the same as registered voters - much less who actually shows up.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cuba is a dictatorship with a bad economy which is why we should maintain a 50 year old regime of sanctions. Venezuela has no toilet paper. Americans need to compete in the global economy.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The split will be between people still fighting the Cold War and those who have a more global mindset.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Talmonis posted:

It doesn't help that the Russians are still fighting the Cold War. Just with the worst example of Kleptocracy I've ever seen.

The US/Russia conflict is more geopolitical than ideological now. The Trump/Putin parallels demonstrate this. The world is a business.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They needed a system yesssss an industrial age machine.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Mail in voting is a loving administrative cluster gently caress.

Not if we make a Federal 5 year plan to end Anonymous and have a just society for every citizen.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice' - Goldwater

He wasn't wrong.

Fried Chicken posted:

There weren't riots after Flint and if there were anything that I would have put to "storming the governor's mansion to take out the bastard" I'd have bet poisoning an entire city for ideological reasons would be it

Television is a helluva drug.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Medicare has no out of pocket limits and 20% coinsurance after deductible...

Good luck.

I think the best solution to medical costs is legal assisted suicide.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

EpiPen is like pretty much every single male sexual health or hormone treatment you can imagine - it ain't covered by 99.99% of plans.

This is another great way to start making civilization more economical - develop more male contraception and make it freely available or even mandatory.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When you turn 18 you should get first aid and firearms training attached to a recruitment pitch. Guys are offered a free vas deferens valve.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Boon posted:

If you're Cruz right now, what the hell are you thinking?

Something along the lines of the Senator/Wife character in 'Manchurian Candidate' (the original)

MY LIFE BEFORE MY LIBERTY

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cheese eats mouse posted:

Lmao like men are going to take on the responsibility of contraception when they already lose their poo poo when politely rejected by women online. Masculinity so fragile and all that.

As a guy I think it could be a great troll to gender norms if conception was finally made impossible without the consent of both people. This is the secular ideal - no?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cheese eats mouse posted:

Would you leave condoms free to acquire? If not good job spreading all the STIs.

Also this puts sex into a relationship only style of consent and now you're just a theocracy.

Yup condoms should be as freely available as possible to prevent VD. Be safe, folks!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fried Chicken posted:

GOP debate is regurgitating LF 2011 talking points

This is magical

All the serious people tell themselves 'the internet doesn't matter'

They think they are in control.

No one is.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Greatest country in the world! :patriot:

We have defacto legal suicide through the second amendment.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

If young people started turning up in force during odd year elections they could basically pick the mayors and city councils of a lot of cities and start careers for younger, more progressive politicians.

I know - why isn't the democratic party doing this?

Bernies across America

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PhazonLink posted:

BTW there's no Helios ending. Well not yet. The NSA is a thing named Skynet and that sever farm called PRISM, so the Icarus might become a thing soon.(Even though Icarus is the 3rd AI)
So that means Clifton is the Illuminati, and Cruz is the cut Bob Page/Gray Goo wet fart ending.

Share your thoughts. Your needs are the needs of all...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its about lifestyle choices.

Bernie is for socially conscious idealists.

Hillary/Cruz/Rubio is for consumers who have stockholm syndrome with their boss and take pleasure in denying themselves of optimism

Trump is for people who choose to be mouth-breathing troglodytes.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is almost entirely hindsight bullshit thinking.

Curveball

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Have you guys forgotten how popular the Iraq Invasion was at the outset?

You meant the enormous antiwar demonstrations that got ignored in favor of yellow journalism?

Remember the Maine.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
^ Remember the Maine

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

In her lifetime we invaded Korea, Vietnam, hosed Latin America for Generations, 90% of Isreal and the Middle East....

That was during the Cold War when we going toe to toe with the Soviets - Desert Storm established a precedent that countries only have their sovereignty violated by force if the international community can come to some agreement about such action - the invasion of Iraq was a US declaration that 'might makes right' - setting the stage for Putin in South Ossetia and Ukraine. Anyone who supported the invasion is responsible for this.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Nobody is saying Clinton should be let off the hook, and she hasn't and won't be. If you're worried about this vote not following her until the day she dies then rest your head and sleep easy

I'm saying the real reason the Iraq War started is because Americans wanted it, and they wanted it bad. The evidence was flimsy at best but it was portrayed as solid for 24 hours a day for months on the news and by every federal agency under the he sun, and that's what sold us.

I think history will view this era's greatest blunder as trickle down in the same way we scoff at the Gilded Age. Iraq 2.0 is just going to blend in with the rest of the insanity in the ME

Edit - also Clinton isn't my first choice so I don't feel any special desire to protect her. I just think this is dumb and ignores a lot of what things were actually like back then

I would say the economics of the time and the war are inseparable. We were in a Recession at the time and Enron/Arthur Anderson hurt economic confidence. The Iraq war was Keynesian stimulus. It is still working great because Daesh captured humvees sold to the Iraqi military so the government needs to buy more munitions.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey if the case for invading Iraq was so strong why wasn't NATO on board?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The split in every bracket is about 50/50 give or take 5 percent. Whats the MoE?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

Like 8 years ago, the Iraq War was a big deal and a major reason why Hillary lost the primary. Now it's a thing that some Bernie supporters use to justify their support (a lot of the other supporters weren't even teenagers when the invasion happened).

It was only an imperial invasion straight out of the gilded age that set the tone for international relations in this century - get over it everyone.

Remember the Maine!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

What if you confuse a cow for a bull?

Awww horseapples!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

USPOL Mar - ****WARNING: MORON*****

How does someone even get interested in politics without mastering the concept of "society is for everyone, not just me"?

Me being happy is less important than you being alive. That will always be the priorities for everything forever.

Paranoid Randroid made a good point that the unspoken political debate these days is 'Does Society exist?'. Feminist icon Margaret Thatcher didn't think so.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I have never in my life heard a feminist speak of Margaret Thatcher in anything but negative terms. Would you mind changing your username so I stop getting Thoughtful Effort-Posting Hillary Voter and Reddity Angerteen mixed up?

Obama referred to her as such, I was making a jokey reference. Whose username is similar to mine?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think the problem with our medical system is people are dumb and love magical thinking. If you go to a mechanic and have no idea how cars work you are going to get ripped off.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Popular Thug Drink is really earning that avatar.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

west virgina implemented a new law, some lawmakers got sick drinking raw milk, that's funny but it doesn't make them stupid or anyone who sneers at them morally superior

Yes it does. The only thing funnier would be their idiocy getting them shot dead while a drone films it

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spun Dog posted:

Speaking of which, I've got to scrape together the cash change yours to something that doesn't make me gag every time I see it.

Yuck

You should have seen the one I got before I changed it. Easy $15 for Lowtax.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

:dogbutton:

How the everloving gently caress does a person have access to HF and not know how horribly dangerous it is?

cocaine is a helluva drug

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The 2 senators from each state don't have to be from different parties (they usually are both from the same).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
From that Atlantic Article

quote:

A widely held sentiment inside the White House is that many of the most prominent foreign-policy think tanks in Washington are doing the bidding of their Arab and pro-Israel funders. I’ve heard one administration official refer to Massachusetts Avenue, the home of many of these think tanks, as “Arab-occupied territory.”

Not one step backwards :bernin:

• Locked thread