Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

How Nazi-ish would you say they are? This high... or -this- heil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

SedanChair posted:

Where is the evidence that she is good at governing? She's never done it before.

Her time in the Senate, I'd assume.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

ReidRansom posted:

lol. Because I didn't see it posted yet, the Trumpstaffel shut itself down almost as soon as it began.

Though I don't believe for a second that someone actually did that.

I'm going to believe that it was actually the person's spouse letting them know they were picking up their kid, only they were too tinfoil hat to realize that at the time.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Anyone have some debunking for a particular set of anti-Hillary bullshit? Dealing with how she mistreated the secret service working for her, and not letting anyone that works for her looking at her and poo poo like that?

I'm tired of hearing my folks trumpet that as their excuse for why they'd go Trump over Hillary and I'm too lazy to dig it up myself.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Epic High Five posted:

Just ask them to prove it

Or ask why if she's so obviously guilty, why hasn't she seen a day in court despite millions of dollars being spent on 13 congressional investigations
Nawh, it's all anecdotal crap that they pull out - "a friend's granddaughter was in the FBI and went through that". I'm just trying to figure out the loving thread of thought and how it weaves in with her apparently being a secret lesbian ordering hits on people.

Also, the answer to the second question is simple. "The whole system is corrupt and she's paying people off". Somehow. The joys of being a Texan I suppose.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Combed Thunderclap posted:

They are, but they're really just so unbelievably stupid that they'll vote for just about anyone, making them utterly useless in any electoral scheme.

That was Yellow Dog I thought, where you'd vote for a yellow dog if it was running as Party X against Party Y.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Harik posted:

Ideally we'd go back to a government of give-and-take, and the balance of where the compromise lands is based on who has a majority.

Bring back pork-barrel spending and appropriations. I'll put up with helping to fund some random bridge in the middle of bumfuck nowhere if that means that more money is spent on proper infrastructure elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Listening to my folks try to talk themselves in to voting for Trump because "that woman is just so corrupt and evil" is always fun. Especially when you get to counter stuff like "they have over a hundred and fifty FBI agents investigating her!". And then they latch on to the next lie down the chain.

• Locked thread