Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Day 31

Drawn with a fabric marker

An attempt to use up the Googly eyes that my BYOB secret Santa keeps sending me

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

wait. keeps sending you?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

also that poo poo is badass and i would wear that

blaise rascal

FluffieDuckie posted:

wait. keeps sending you?
I received a second package of googly eyes a few weeks ago, this one with 1000 eyes I think. This package did not have a note attached. I have hardly made a dent in the eyes, and I still don't know who my santa is.

FluffieDuckie posted:

also that poo poo is badass and i would wear that
Thanks! Fabric markers are tough to use, as it turns out, because you can't sketch things out lightly or erase, and because the fabric tends to slide out from under you, even if you clamp it down. I like the idea and the composition on that shirt, even if the hand turned out tiny & a little wonky.

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 31, 2016

FluffieDuckie

hmm i seem to have typed poo poo instead of shirt and you quoted me and now my shame is forever public

zidane13

by Smythe

FluffieDuckie posted:

seriously, that is a loving badass shirt. good goddamn job, pal.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

shameful.

e: good shirt!

hi how are you ♥

blaise rascal

FluffieDuckie posted:

hmm i seem to have typed poo poo instead of shirt and you quoted me and now my shame is forever public
I'm sure it was just a Freudian slip

zidane13

by Smythe

FluffieDuckie posted:

like, motherfucker, make more. or you won't be here anymore, capice?

----------------

FluffieDuckie

ok you can stop that now :colbert:

zidane13

by Smythe
yes ma'am.

----------------

MrWillsauce

FluffieDuckie posted:

it makes you seem more cool and radical. Bro, I would wear that poo poo too, by the by.

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Yesterday's image (#30) got stolen by thieves

schmarson

MY DUDES

Final drawing!

11 days in a row is not bad. Thanks for helping me draw again, guys! It was fun!

EDIT: Also I ended up painting that fish haha.

schmarson fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 31, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Day 31

and that means the last of my playground drawings (I'll still be doing them but you don't have to look at 'em anymore)

a swing!

and my final image

thanks a lot guys, it has been very, very real.

hi how are you ♥

Salmiakki

final day

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Thanks everyone for participating, encouragement and lurking! It was a blast!

We're still doing this tomorrow, tho, right?

byob: hi > April fools still drawing erryday

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

this was a really fun thing to do

if anyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars on an art program i can recommend Painter 2016 and a book called "The Digital Renaissance". until I started this month I was just staring at the software wondering what the hell it was for but now I know how to use like 10% of its features thanks to this art month and that book.

hi how are you ♥

FluffieDuckie

we did it guys :love:

for my final drawing i made us a trophy because we all deserve it.

(note that a trophy would have been an object of such curves and symmetry i would have collapsed into tears if you told me i had to draw one at the beginning of the month)

i learned a lot guys. thanks :glomp:

Dinosaurmageddon

by zen death robot
:shobon: Hi guys it's me again

I know i haven't been doing a good job updating you guys or really keeping myself to any sort of rational schedule either for the kind of art I'm trying to get from myself, but let me tell you it has been great getting to watch you guys progress, achieve, create, and - most importantly - support each other!

~Drawing every day is hard!

Saint Isaiah's Boner, thanks so much for getting this thread up and running - it's been a blast!

I'M (unsurprisingly) STILL CATCHING UP/ here's sketch-proof I've been working on a big update. Drawing up some cards for some old-school/new-school systems here:

:sun: please stay tuned (& max-chillax, if you will) to see these when I get 'em all finished & scanned in! :sparkles:

----------------

Android Blues

thank you for the lovely thread bacalou! this was a total delight, and really got me out of a rut on art. i'm still just exploring shading and digital painting, but before this i could only do flat colours with any degree of confidence, so i feel like it's been a big step up, and i ended up making some stuff towards the end of the month i really liked. :)

we should definitely do this again sometime. maybe every other month?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Saint Isaiah's Boner, thanks so much for getting this thread up and running - it's been a blast!

this was bacalou's doing! I was just here. Your art dump was fantastic though, I look forward to the next one.

hi how are you ♥

bacalou

that was the final day, thanks to everyone who participated! all the posters who submitted over fifteen entries are going to get this special 'community badge': for being such cool people.

the top two winners will be announced tomorrow along with the prizes! oh boy!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

bacalou posted:

that was the final day, thanks to everyone who participated! all the posters who submitted over fifteen entries are going to get this special 'community badge': for being such cool people.

the top two winners will be announced tomorrow along with the prizes! oh boy!

:love:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Android Blues

would it be okay to opt out of the gang tag

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Android Blues posted:

same, i might pick it up later but it'll wreck up my tough-guy facade and they'll tear me to pieces like a bunch of wild animals on GBS

hi how are you ♥

blaise rascal

Thank you so much to bacalou for an awesome thread idea that turned out great! I had a lot of fun, even if I sometimes felt like a non-artist surrounded by artists and wondering how long I could fake it. I think that I will personally focus more on music in April, but I hope to continue drawing sometimes, and I hope you all do the same!

Do you all think a critique might be fun or useful? Like, we could all choose one of our submissions, and then everyone could talk about it.

FluffieDuckie

Android Blues posted:

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

same, i might pick it up later but it'll wreck up my tough-guy facade and they'll tear me to pieces like a bunch of wild animals on GBS

anyone can opt out of the gangtag. once winners are announced i'll make sure i get an ok from everyone before i submit the requests

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Dang, I missed out on this thread cuz I habitually ignore stickied topics :negative: I even painted some things. these are some nice drawings

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chibi Peppers

Wish I participated more, but life suddenly caught me up and yeah, excuses. It was nice seeing people come up with great stuff throughout whole month.

bacalou

alrighty then, time to announce the winners!

first of all: if you posted at least 31 images ITT, feel free to PM your address to fluffieduckie in order to receive stickers!!! oh gently caress! she's a really good mod, don't you think???

second: after deliberating long and hard with the mystics and attenuating my vibe to the cosmos, it has been decided that the 'most improvement' category is too vague and opinionated, so we're going with 'most consistent', which is far more fair and amiable.

OK SO!!!

for the above and beyond category, the guy who seriously posted a lot of stuff, especially colored and shaded stuff with lots of interesting detail is...

saint isaias boner!!!!!

hot drat yes!!! good job! you're a good artist and you put in a lot of work that clearly shows!!!

and finally, for the most improvement most consistent award...

the lady who stands alone in posting EVERY DAY with NO MAKE UP DAYS!!!! (wow!!!)

salmiakki!!!!

woo!!!! by my math, you're the only one who was reliable enough to post every goddamn day!!! makes us look really bad...

:siren: you both win a steam game of your choice!!! pm me your steam IDs for deetz and preetz!! :siren:

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING! soon fluffieduckie will post the list of tag winners and you can feel free to opt out of the lovely babypoo tag bc you gotta appear hard in front of the autists, badniks, GOONS from gbs

FluffieDuckie

what what? i'll announce the tag winners?

*digging around on a messy desk*

um brb

Salmiakki

bacalou posted:

the lady who stands alone in posting EVERY DAY with NO MAKE UP DAYS!!!! (wow!!!)

salmiakki!!!!

woo!!!! by my math, you're the only one who was reliable enough to post every goddamn day!!! makes us look really bad...

thank you so much!

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

bacalou posted:

for the above and beyond category, the guy who seriously posted a lot of stuff, especially colored and shaded stuff with lots of interesting detail is...

saint isaias boner!!!!!

hot drat yes!!! good job! you're a good artist and you put in a lot of work that clearly shows!!!

holy poo poo! thank you!

hi how are you ♥

blaise rascal

Congrats to the winners! I totally agree with the judging!

FluffieDuckie

ok so here's the rule. if you posted at least 15 submissions in this thread you are eligible for a badge that bacalou will post for your review (ahem)

counting these submission sucked balls so this is who i THINK qualified. please don't get your feelings hurt if you're not on the list because i'm pretty sure i missed someone and SOMEBODY lost the list we had last night

IF YOU SUBMITTED AT LEAST 15 DRAWINGS TO THIS THREAD AND AREN'T ON THE LIST PLEASE SPEAK UP

Bacalou
Urodov
Luvcow
Salmiakki
Chibi Peppers
Blaise Rascal
Android Blues
Saint Isaias Boner
Splatmaster
Duckie
Deep Quantis

Once Bacalou posts the tag (ahem) please post in this thread the word "yes" or "no" indicating your acceptance of this tag

FluffieDuckie

oh. i see he did. well here it is again

bacalou

i think it's spelled qantas

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

blaise rascal posted:

Congrats to the winners! I totally agree with the judging!

Also:

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok so here's the rule. if you posted at least 15 submissions in this thread you are eligible for a badge that bacalou will post for your review (ahem)

counting these submission sucked balls so this is who i THINK qualified. please don't get your feelings hurt if you're not on the list because i'm pretty sure i missed someone and SOMEBODY lost the list we had last night

IF YOU SUBMITTED AT LEAST 15 DRAWINGS TO THIS THREAD AND AREN'T ON THE LIST PLEASE SPEAK UP

Bacalou
Urodov
Luvcow
Salmiakki
Chibi Peppers
Blaise Rascal
Android Blues
Saint Isaias Boner
Splatmaster
Duckie
Deep Quantis

Once Bacalou posts the tag (ahem) please post in this thread the word "yes" or "no" indicating your acceptance of this tag

Yes, please!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

bacalou posted:

i think it's spelled qantas

ok thanks for all your help on this matter

• Locked thread