Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I bought this game the other day! I've done a bunch of the engine challenges that act as a kind of tutorial and it seems good fun. Is the campaign actually worth playing or not really? The warning about a lack of polish and balance seemed pretty dire. If not I'm happy to make a few cars and drive them in BeamNG. Maybe an XJ220-alike...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I made my first car!

It's a 1995 supercar, hefty at 1500kg but a turbocharged 4.6L V8 packing a peak 517hp will propel it to 62mph in 3.6s and all the way up to 179mph. 18.3mpg is better than I expected and a cost of $67,900 is really quite the steal.

I've driven a slightly older variant in BeamNG and it's fun, the back really likes to step out under braking and given its weight, that's a problem at speed. I'll do further tweaking tomorrow and maybe look at one of the competitions on the forum.

And an earlier version being driven hard in BeamNG:

This is basically the game I've wanted since I was 10.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Haven't played in months and missed that there was an update. Looks great, I'm yet to start a campaign because I don't think I'd be able to get far into it before the next update but I might dabble this time round.

More options for forum competitions is always welcome, anyway.