Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

trying to jack off posted:

to me every zelda game is independent of each other except for oot & mm.

yeah i think the timelin e is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

same. who cares about that

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

yeah, i'll buy tp...ten years ago :rolleyes:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

same. who cares about that

people who like that kind of thing. :P

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I have never played it so I will probably get it, OP. I hope they have added some Quality of Life (QoL) features to it, like amiibo support

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Absolutely blown away by this title so far, just an incredible experience. THe graphical overhaul is incredible. It looks like a completely new game, and definitely not one released in twenty aught six.M Really incredible work, Based Nintendo has done it again. Thinking of ordering another copy just to help them out and vote with my wallet that I love these HD total graphic overhaul rereleases

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

apparently people try to do this for final fantasy as well which is completely insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im beggining to fill nmy walls like russel crowe in a beautiful mind with theories connecting all the universes of the famed call of duty series

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It looks like a GameCube game in HD, but it is a pretty good looking GameCube game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You start with a bigger wallet and the game no longer tells you what blue or red rupees are worth every time you pick one up now. They cut down the amount of bugs you need to hunt and you can instantly transform to wolf and back without speaking to Midna. There's of course gamepad inventory and gyroscope aiming. Those are all the quality of life improvements off the top of my head.

It's really weird playing this with the gamecube world orientation, I only ever played the wii version. Motion controls aren't an option in the HD edition btw.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

man nurse posted:

Motion controls aren't an option in the HD edition btw.

good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

man nurse posted:

thats weird it isnt even an option

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe you can make the motion controls optional with the right Amiibo, has anyone thought of that?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I think I'm going to skip it, op. Going to get one game this month and it's gonna be senran kagura on ps4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I voted with my wallet and the votes are in! Nintendo and Amiibos are the winner and so are you (a winner are yuo!!! LOL!)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

I voted with my wallet and the votes are in! Nintendo and Amiibos are the winner and so are you (a winner are yuo!!! LOL!)

After consulting with doctors, a tearful BBG makes the decision to take His loving Wallet off of life support. The Imp Zone holds a moment of silence for the departed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man nurse posted:

i like the wii controls but it's no biggie

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Absolutely blown away by this title so far, just an incredible experience. THe graphical overhaul is incredible. It looks like a completely new game, and definitely not one released in twenty aught six.M Really incredible work, Based Nintendo has done it again. Thinking of ordering another copy just to help them out and vote with my wallet that I love these HD total graphic overhaul rereleases

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh you thought Ninty wouldn't improve the wallet size in this one, the HD remake of TP? THink again niggah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

apparently people try to do this for final fantasy as well which is completely insane

It's canon that every final fantasy game takes place in the same universe but each game is its own planet

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

It's canon that every final fantasy game takes place in the same universe but each game is its own planet

Final Fantasy. One of the most well-known RPG franchises in the world, with a Japanese fanbase that rivals that of Dragon Quest. The first thing about these games that people will talk about (aside from “play FF7 first”) is that each game is set in its own world, completely unrelated to each other. I personally believe that the general consensus is lazy and unimaginative, filled with people who can’t be bothered to observe the possibility of a much broader aspect. In this theory, I will not only present what I believe is the chronological order of the Final Fantasy series, but also provide as much evidence as I can find. If you disapprove of the very concept of this thread, there is nothing obligating you to continue reading. If you find a serious flaw in this theory, please explain your reasoning in a professional manner. This does not include the fact that it’s a theory attempting to connect the franchise as a whole. Before we get started, here are some things to point out first:

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/61297-Final-Fantasy-Timeline-Theory-%28Research-Included%29

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's BS in the final fantasy IV PSP spin off that sucked rear end the story was that the bad guy was eating all of the planets that the other FF games take place on and you have to save the space time continuum

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hell dont ask me, im the one calling these people insaen

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oh you thought Ninty wouldn't improve the wallet size in this one, the HD remake of TP? THink again niggah

it improved the space in my real life wallet too

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

man nurse posted:

You start with a bigger wallet and the game no longer tells you what blue or red rupees are worth every time you pick one up now. They cut down the amount of bugs you need to hunt and you can instantly transform to wolf and back without speaking to Midna. There's of course gamepad inventory and gyroscope aiming. Those are all the quality of life improvements off the top of my head.

It's really weird playing this with the gamecube world orientation, I only ever played the wii version. Motion controls aren't an option in the HD edition btw.

how will I know how much rupees a blue rupee or a red rupee is worth now? first they dumb down the triforce hunt and now this. i'm a hardcore gamer and i want to know how many rupees I'm picking up

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

mabels big day posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
This was the last one of these I played and it was smooth sailing all the way to the Sandy Cenotaph but nothing seemed to work on Armor Arrhumbis and when I looked it up it turned out I missed the Magic Beans way earlier so that is pretty much when I realized that I have grown out of these games

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a bay posted:

This was the last one of these I played and it was smooth sailing all the way to the Sandy Cenotaph but nothing seemed to work on Armor Arrhumbis and when I looked it up it turned out I missed the Magic Beans way earlier so that is pretty much when I realized that I have grown out of these games

u mean u shyed away from the first challenging scenario u found yourself in :P

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

[flipping to the last page of Akira, and putting it down after a marathon session]: I'm finished!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

I.N.R.I posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

Nno way man I just dont get enough game time so I usually have to skip stuff if it sems like it might not be worth the trouble like the Iron keep in Dark Souls 2. Anyway Im gonna go post in Gbs so I will check you on the flip side homies

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a bay posted:

Nno way man I just dont get enough game time so I usually have to skip stuff if it sems like it might not be worth the trouble like the Iron keep in Dark Souls 2. Anyway Im gonna go post in Gbs so I will check you on the flip side homies

dont worry, u dont have to explain yourself to me. but if you play games more often and for longer then you wouldnt have problems like this though so you should consider trying that

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I've had this game for a week now and still haven't gotten past the opening five minutes. Too busy walking around and beholding the amazing mind blowing splendor that is this total graphical overhaul. Nintendo knocks it again not just out of the park, but into the stratosphere.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I've had this game for a week now and still haven't gotten past the opening five minutes. Too busy walking around and beholding the amazing mind blowing splendor that is this total graphical overhaul. Nintendo knocks it again not just out of the park, but into the stratosphere.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It's just beautiful, isn't it? It just really is beautiful.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

That's good to hear. I bought 3 copies on Tuesday, one for meself, another for my friend and another just incase one of them broke. Feels so winning good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

When the clerk at EB Games said the price of the game, I thought I was having a seizure. I thought my heart why blocking the blood to me brain and the part of my brain that hears was dying froom lack of oxygen. 60 dollars? Are you freaking k*dding me?? Wow, winsome 8-)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

"I'm sorry did you say 6 hundred dollars?" Swear to Christ that's what I told the clerk at EB Games. "Six benjimens?" And tyeah when he said the actual price, was absolutely floorded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

• Locked thread