Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the arguments about affirmative consent are funny, to me, because it's a bunch of people who look at the concept of a safeword and go, "hwuuuhh? bwuuuhhh??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ddraig posted:

So to answer your question, in that scenario if you, say, took your pants off or stuck your tongue down her throat, congratulations, you've affirmatively consented!

good luck legislating that poo poo lmao

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I've also never known "whatcha thinkin" with bedroom eyes to be an involved, mature conversation but heck, maybe i'm wrong

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

should ask her if she's into anal instead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hell, ask yourself that, and then give her a strapon with really waggly eyebrows

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I literally ask everyone i fool around with if they have any stds, asking someone if they're on birth control isn't that much of a stretch and you probably shouldn't be loving the people who refuse to answer these questions unless you want gonorrhea and a beautiful baby boy

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ddraig posted:

There was literally a case in the UK where a Saudi prince was accused of rape and he used the defence of "I was walking, tripped and fell dick first in her" and he got acquitted.

sounds about par for sexual assault cases in the uk

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Not only does asking "EY YO GURL LEMME HOLLA AT YA U WANT SUM gently caress" obtain verbal consent, but according to recent studies conducted by the studious members of /r/redpill, it is in fact the only way to achieve sex with a woman.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There needs to be more nuanced definitions of the different kinds of rape, for example: 1st degree rape, 2nd degree rape, 3rd degree rape, manslutter

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

if my partner treated every act of physical contact with the same gravity and seriousness as sex i would immediately break up with them because they have no idea what makes sex sacred to me or others and that is intensely creepy on a fundamental level

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

*does a sicknasty kickflip into the thread with some bitchin sunglasses* but what if the penalty for rape was death

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So here's a little hypothetical for yall, just a little nugget for all these so called Progressives, well, how about this:

What if the girl didnt want the sex, but was intimidated, and was always enthusiastic due to her bubbly nature, and had a mental disorder that meant she could only say the word "yes", and she knew that she would die from a heart attack if she did not have the sex, and also she was hitler. How about that.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

SedanChair posted:

Will you shut up about rape? That's obviously not at issue in that case. You wanted to do, it, great. Nobody cares why you wanted to do it.

lmao

Never have sex with anyone you loving creepo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the jury has a disposition for a rape victim that states she was coerced into sex, stated as follows: "Will you shut up about rape? You wanted to do it."

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

sedanchair, talking about the concept someone having sex for the partner's enjoyment only

SedanChair posted:

If that is the level of consent you have received why would you bother? Just go rub one out in the sink, Jesus Christ.

SedanChair posted:

It cannot be completely off the spectrum of sexual assault in all cases because it is on the spectrum of coercion. The only way to avoid engaging in coercion is by securing not grudging consent, but enthusiastic consent.

sedanchair, speaking directly to someone who recounted an experience about having sex for the partner's enjoyment only

SedanChair posted:

Will you shut up about rape? That's obviously not at issue in that case. You wanted to do, it, great. Nobody cares why you wanted to do it.

SedanChair posted:

Ah you caught me before the edit, I didn't want to come off as too harsh. I truly do not understand when people make the jump to "well I wanted it less than my partner, I wanted to make them happy WAS I RAPED??"

No. Is a sex worker consenting to have sex with random strangers because she's afraid of domestic violence from her pimp rape? Yes. Is everything in between those two scenarios rape? No. Is everything between them not rape? No.

just an immediate jump to talking about real, capital r Rape rape

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I largely agree with perpetually angry scruntman though, social pressure and education is a much better force than punitive measures and exclusive focus on the latter is counterproductive.

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 4, 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Do you think you've caught him in some sort of contradiction here or something? Because in both cases SedanChair is talking about how the issue is one of consent, not whether something can be prosecuted as rape. Despite what multiple posters have insinuated and outright said simply because it won't be found guilty in a court of law does not make what's happening not a problem.

no one in that conversation chain was talking about the legal definition, there's only one weirdo in the thread focusing on that

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

woops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

hell whatever if he's just making an unspoken distinction between rape and sexual assault and sex that probably shouldnt happen or whatever I cede my point. I apologize to you, sedanchair.

• Locked thread