Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Does vBulletin still charge $199 dollars for a licence to access their loving 2004-tier "software"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Oh my bad its $249.99 for a vB licence and $399.99 for an include mobile version of the software.

Still built on PHP. Still breaks if you have any more than 1000 users online.

Back in 2004 I remember so many webdevs in irc channels who would :smug: hard over owning a vB licence, glad to see their emotional investment paid off an this piece of poo poo software is still around and hasn't been trashed and replaced with literally any alternative.

Lowtax posted:

70% of the software running the forums is in house code, so it always amazes me when people who have no idea how the forums work offer their technical advice of "just upgrade the software, idiot." I admit I'm a loving moron, but I'm not such a loving moron that if it was as simple as upgrading to the latest version of vB, I wouldn't do it.

yeah I know SA is barely a vB forum anymore, I'm just making GBS threads on old vB elitists from way back when.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Laziness and a poor sense of diligence is unbecoming of a sysadmin. Wearing capes unironically, being 90lbs, and having a framed picture of Richard Stallman is far more apt.

e. also a ponytail.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Mnoba posted:

do you have any .txt of him actually talking it nerd speak. If were to fake it i would drowned you in it, kind of like the current guy does to at least act the part a little. Everything so far is like a caveman, "wut you no like servers go fast?' lmao

|_||2 0\/\/3|\|3D |\|3\/\/|3

gently caress I used to know people who typed like that all loving day.

• Locked thread