Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a jack of all trades, and master of none. if by jack we mean I've tried doing a lot of things

but I wanna earn a buck. maybe two. two would be better

do people really make Moneu with computes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but how

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

OP if you want to make money with computer, you have to say "yes, I will fix your computer, here are my rates" and take it from there

you might have to get up from your PC for part of this

actually considering this irl

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
other day I bopught a new box for my mother. reused her keyboard, mouse, monitor etc.

I was thinking about offering a service like that. "call me", I would say.. let me come around.. let me give you a new pc, and I will use what I can from what you've got.. I will try to get the system close to what you had, I will copy old poo poo to the new system..

in all seriousness what kind of waivers and poo poo do home visit CJs need to give?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rivethead posted:

Squat cobbler.

:smith: desperate as hell but the job market is so so bad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it's me

I've applied
to every job in the city and have resorted to dropping my cv in to pharmacies.
I've got a few days work coming up but seriously this is the end of week 5 of no work it's brutal
on your self esteem and self worth :/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackula69 posted:

yeah, sorry dude. that's a bummer. but you're in a commonwealth country so worse comes to worse you could move to australia or canada or something.

yeah.. unfortch, wife owns a small local business, and kids, grandparents, house.. moving just really isn't in the picture

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

b h m posted:

you can get a steady gig filling out captchas for spammers. the pay is terrible but so are you ;-)

wow the money isn't good huh

I did it for five minutes and earned ONE CENT

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i mean im more than happy to work doing labour poo poo, its just that it pays less than half of my pharmacist wages so I would always have to do it on a temp basis and continually look for pharmacist work

im not the kind of person who could take a fulltime job, lie about constantly being looking for better work and then just leave. i might be a loser, but im not a piece of poo poo. well I am a piece of poo poo but only so far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
not a bad idea though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kirk posted:

i got fired

dude

mishaq posted:

losing your job owns

jolts you into understanding your own mortality again and the overall pointlessness of your existence

I'd rather have not found that out so abruptly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lampey posted:

online arbitrage. basically buy stuff on amazon and sell on ebay and vice versa. work with a company off alibaba to make a private label of some regular good and then sell it too

The old reseller trick. I tried this with RAM once.. in the end I made like $5 of each stick and the entire exercise basically allowed me to upgrade my ram for free. I can't imagine what kind of volume you'd need to do to replace an actual job

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gotta job interview tomorrow so not all is poo poo (although only for 2 days a week, including a sunday. Ive never worked on a sunday before), and got a half shift this afternoon and two days next week

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

the year after i got laid off was one of the best years of my life

but why

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah well I've got a family and two properties and it's not quite as easy for me to drop and walk.. thank Christ my wife earns a decent coin and she can get extra work at the drop of a hat if we get desperate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good one on the depraved sex ppl tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

what happened to your game OP?

also you make some p. sick renderings these days. I'm not sure how people actually make money of these things but you've defiantly got some really cool skills there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPV1YEQoZn0

dude I watched this tonight and surprised myself with how many things and aspects I had created for the game.. shame content creation is hard

lampey posted:

in the us there are sites like bulq.com where you can buy whole pallets of liquidated stuff to resell. in nz there is probably an equivalent.

ecommerce, drop ship stuff like homebrewing supplies from china

online transcription. all you need is a computer and one of those foot pedals and you get paid by the minute or word

writing erotica

customer service/telemarketer for something like a donation drive or amazon

marketing/website design/spammer

if you have specialized skills and experience you could be a CPA/book keeper from anywhere. programmer, really any it job, vba macro maker. trucking/taxi dispatcher.

could you learn to prepare taxes and then advertise online? does nz require some tax related training or can anyone just jump in?
dude all of thsesa rawe good ideas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

dogg, what happened to your job

I was part time 3 days a week and boss was 2 days a week making one full time position, and when business was sold, new owner boss man wanted to work 5 days so he took over my hours :/ not technically redundant coz it's more, he just didn't rehire me under new ownership

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah thankfully currently we aren't in a bad place financially and my wife earns good coin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but there is a downward trend on the savings :/ slow but sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
emply me ya fuckin tightwad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
literally been talking about doing that with my wife today

coz what I really want is more debt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the pharmacy around where i live... kinda sucks. when I worked there is was ok, staff had been around for ages. now all our staff are of a race my xenophobic city doesn't like and apparently they are slow. I could dominate with my quirky brand of faux-sexual advances when dispensing medication.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

open a bespoke artisanal pharmacy

dude though if I am being completely honest with myself, if I owned a pharmacy I would probably end up with a substance abuse problem. a lovely thought for sure

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

craisins posted:

i know this is from the first page, but as soon as you do this for one person you turn into permanent tech support for them and they'll ask you questions constantly and never think they should have to pay for your time ever again.

yeah I sort of had an inclination that would happen

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

have you thought about being a stay at home dad?

not a good wage mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i literally tried that. called my account rodtroncs and imported ram I found on alibaba

didnt pay much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that's actually a fuckin solid idea

• Locked thread