Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

actually considering this irl

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

yeah it's me

I've applied
to every job in the city and have resorted to dropping my cv in to pharmacies.
I've got a few days work coming up but seriously this is the end of week 5 of no work it's brutal
on your self esteem and self worth :/

you should try auckland, the economic centre of nz

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

losing your job owns

jolts you into understanding your own mortality again and the overall pointlessness of your existence

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I'd rather have not found that out so abruptly

the year after i got laid off was one of the best years of my life

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

traveled a lot and drank a lot and found some ladies depraved enough to have sex with me in different parts of the world

it was technically the second time i experienced a layoff in my life, first time was right out of college but they rehired me a few weeks later

ever since then the corporate world scared me into living well below my means so if i ever lose my job it has no immediate negative impact on my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

p much this just don't get too lazy thinking "I got plenty" because it will run out eventually

:agreed:

• Locked thread