Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Does anyone know of non-live streams? Want to watch from beginning, but probably can't make the kickoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Rocks posted:

has the media already declared Rubio the winner?

I think fox has decided that they don't like Rubio anymore.

I eagerly look forward to the Luntz focus group slavering all over... I guess Kasich?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

what's Rubios strategy walking into this? be positive and ignore trump? yell at Cruz instead? Yell at trump even more than last debate? curl up into the fetal position and hope they ignore you??

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Trump should pull a Ross Perot and buy 30 minute advertisement slots and just do his beautiful thing that's he's been doing

Highlights:
Get a Rubio midget to wrestle a melty candle-faced clown

Fez adorned Romney lookalike riding in a one of those shiners minicars

Lotto drawing for $1M of his own money

President Camacho body slams various GOP heads

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

I think fox has decided that they don't like Rubio anymore.

I eagerly look forward to the Luntz focus group slavering all over... I guess Kasich?

Rodger has literally said he's 'done' with Rubio so yea, he's gone. They're gonna rally around Cruz or Trump depending where things fall.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Rocks posted:

what's Rubios strategy walking into this? be positive and ignore trump? yell at Cruz instead? Yell at trump even more than last debate? curl up into the fetal position and hope they ignore you??

At this point I think the RNC just wants rubio to yell at trump a lot on stage,.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Rocks posted:

bend over and present himself as an act of submission. it's gotten him to the senate!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Rocks posted:

All 3 candidates not named trump will be on the offensive against Trump. Kelly will probably be antagonistic as well. Kasich will take the high road, Rubio will get in back and forths, and Cruz will slime until Trump stabs him to death behind the stage.

Generally: I'd expect Trump to get hit with absolutely everything they can. Rubio will probably take point because he's shown the ability to out think Trump on the stage.

e: I expect every single question to candidates to be answered very quickly and then segue into an attack on Trump, for instance.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Trump is going to knock it out of the park tonight with using Detroit as an example of why we need, a wall, tariffs, and jobs back in the USA

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
The GOP establishment during the debate = https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W5AQMSt_P3g

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The real big question is how well Trump can counter "punch."

He's in a strong position because he can [rightly] bring up that all of them are tremendous losers. With Cruz he has the Sessions endorsement, which is a huge cudgel to beat Ted with. His absolute best moment last debate was "Keep swinging, men" and the implied "I'm still going to beat you."

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I wonder if the mods are gonna softball Trump because of the Fox News defection

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i always get nervous during the debates because trump always gets clobbered, but then an hour after the debate him and all his supporters are spinning harder than the GOP and all is well again. i'm sure the same will happen again tonight.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Megyn Kelly will be worshipping Trump before the convention even begins.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't Trump say if he dominated on Super Tuesday he wouldn't do any more debates

So is this last one?
To be fair, Trump did well on Super Tuesday but I wouldn't quite say he "dominated".

-Trump won 7 states and got 319 delegates
-Cruz won 3 states and got 226 delegates
-Rubio won 1 state and got 110 delegates (lol)

That's an "I'm the front runner and probably the nominee" win, not an "I dominated and slaughtered everyone, all must bow before me" win.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rocks posted:

i always get nervous during the debates because trump always gets clobbered, but then an hour after the debate him and all his supporters are spinning harder than the GOP and all is well again. i'm sure the same will happen again tonight.

He won all the debate polls!

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Is there a drinking game for these debates? I haven't been to one of these threads in a while, but there were in previous elections.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Is there a drinking game for these debates? I haven't been to one of these threads in a while, but there were in previous elections.

Every time you get depressed drink.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

just drink, imho

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Any drinking game this election term, especially one that involves anything related to trump, would probably cause death.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Any drinking game tends to result in passing out before the halfway mark, just take a few shots and laugh.

Or be crazy and watch the debate stone-cold sober.

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.

There's no official game, but a good one is to drink every time the time-limit bell dings.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Drinking game

1. Shot every time Trump says China
2. Shot every time Rubio repeats himself
3. Shot every time Trump does a personal attack related to social media
4. Shot any time the moderators lose control of the debate

Not responsible for liver failure or impending death

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
One drink when you laugh at the absurdity of it all
One drink when you cry for America

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol drudge's current title

DEBATE TONIGHT: MAYHEM IN MOTOR CITY!

i love that debates are now being titled along the lines of boxing/wrestling/monster truck rallies

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Thanks, I'll just go with all those great suggestions.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Thanks, I'll just go with all those great suggestions.

:rip:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chug until everything feels good again, and embrace the moment of peace you will be gifted before the void claims you

The last words you will hear will be TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP and you will know in the depths of your black and craven heart that this is truly what you deserve

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drink every time Donald says "choke artist" and "liar"

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Drink when you hear your candidate's words:

Donald Trump — China, Tremendous
Ted Cruz — Radical, Conservative
Marco Rubio — Con Artist, Obama
John Kasich — Budget, Ohio

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol drudge's current title

DEBATE TONIGHT: MAYHEM IN MOTOR CITY!

i love that debates are now being titled along the lines of boxing/wrestling/monster truck rallies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytt26BpyNd0

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1_eb08oocA

This should be the end result of a Mitt Romney run-in imo

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I thought we just drank non-stop until we couldn't feel the tears rolling down our cheeks anymore.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I thought we just drank non-stop until we couldn't feel the tears rolling down our cheeks anymore.

There's no crying in politics

unless you're jeb

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

There's no crying in politics

unless you're jeb

Bullshit. We'll all be crying when Donald Trump's sworn in next January.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Bullshit. We'll all be crying when Donald Trump's sworn in next January.

Tears of joy isn't crying

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Illinois' primary is coming up, time to pay attention to politics and see how things are going...:catstare:

Time to pour a tall one for this.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Voter City Madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Lines of attack...

Trump University