Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win tonight's debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
John Kasich
Baby Hitler
Megyn Kelly
View Results

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pro free trade except for all those free trade agreements that your policies conflict with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I can't believe the debate peaked less than 10 minutes in

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

This is a farce.

More than usual

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Zas posted:

the way Trump's talking seems different... like he's speaking to children or something

So every trump rally stump speech then?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Crowd just deciding to shout their own questions at this point

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Arnold also in favour of building the wall I see

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Hahah they have to call him on the A

and repeating the lies from the john oliver piece is bad optics too

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Trump just lies and lies until the truth gives up

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

He's going back to the 98% line.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

This debate will give the GOPe more hope that Trump is killable. It's still too late but more people opposing him will be funny as hell in the general

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

By winning 10 states he had the best counter to the count to 10 line and missed the layup

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Oh my god

Was Aisles gaslighting Trump? Did it work?

If it was gaslighting it went all the way up to Murdoch

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Wow that's a loaded-rear end question

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

So he's all for allowing discrimination but he's disappointed by it so it's ok

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

CRIMINALS EXIST? WELP MIGHT WAS WELL NOT HAVE ANY LAWS EVER THEN

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The US generally doesn't allow guns at music concerts, right?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

"...yeah I'm just gonna finish my statement here"

that's a nice brushoff

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Trump took some big hits there and got flustered a few times which could make things interesting if anything other than the penis thing and the pledge gets play. He's still going to win but this will give the establishment some hope

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Rubio will suffer after tonight. He looked like a waterlogged corpse, his voice was worse than Hillary's, and he couldn't say a single quoteworthy thing apart from "I would support Donald as the nominee."

How quickly we forget yoga

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Goetta posted:

The pledge is to support the nominee and they say yes because Trump won't be the nominee after he is hosed over at the convention

Right but a pledge won't stop Trump from running 3rd party because he can and will just claim that he was going to honour the pledge but X happened. So bringing it up at all just limits the other 3 candidates, who are actually expected to not just ignore their promises, if some insanity Trump nom into 3rd party GOPe Romneygeddon happens, and weakens their anti-trump rhetoric in the meantime because 'if this guy is so bad why have you pledged to support him'

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Do you think Trump is going to file as an Independent by May 9th?

When's the libertarian party's convention? that's his latest date. He should know if it's going to be a contested convention by then.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Laphroaig posted:

the schlong form birth certificate

:eyepop:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

you don't think that #nevertrump ending with a big wet fart isn't just going to lead trump to getting a majority of delegates, at which point there would be no contested convention and everything keeps plodding along intact for the GOP?

until about two hours ago everyone thought cruz and rubio were gonna fight tooth and nail but then they more or less abdicated on national tv

i don't see how everyone completely blowing away their own arguments for why trump can't win makes it MORE likely that there is a brokered convention all of a sudden

The truly chaotic thing about the situation was Fox choosing to end on that question when the whole rest of the debate up to that point seemed like a hit had been put on Trump. They had to know bringing up the pledge could only help him, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

No foreshadowing there, they literally said they'd treat him with kids gloves and never attack or even research into attacking him if only he promised to not go third party

It was the dumbest goddamned thing.

I mean, to be fair, the GOP didn't write any stipulations about fair treatment or kid gloves, Trump just invented those provisos when he signed the pledge and it eventually became true through repetition.

• Locked thread