Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

everyone needs to remember that these kids have seen the Mickey Mouse costumes from Disney world and and have no solid concept of sex or fetishes yet. Their parents, fresh from Syria, have certainly never heard of furries. They think that all of this is completely innocent and have no idea what they are touching or what the implications of any of those fursuits are.

The lucky ones will forget that it ever happened. But for the rest, one day, one day they'll find out. One day they'll learn what all that was. For many of them, that will be the day that they also learn that some things cannot be washed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

The real crime are those cutoffs on that dalmation a couple posts back. My eyes are about to apply for refugee status from my skull after seeing that.

You know that when they wear pants over the fursuit, 10 to 1 it's because there's a hole in that spot, right

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Fire Barrel posted:

Why do so many furries seem to only draw balto or lion king style art? A furry I knew in undergrad drew like that and it seems common (also, she and her friends apparently avoid most big furry-cons because they're too weird/gross).

always came across to me as more like All Dogs Go To Heaven for the faces

the human bodies seemed like nonspecific indulgent comic book anatomy or anime/hentai ripoffs/tracings

i know enough about this topic to have an opinion like this and i also hate myself and want to die

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
dusting off this old chestnut, from the official schedule of the convention that narrowly escaped god's justice:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

dreezy posted:

I still fail to see how wanting to be a cartoon animal connects with putting on enormous sweaty mascot costumes with no ventilation.

it lets them shed their identity and be something different of their own choosing

when they wear the suit, the human is gone. They are only the enormous sweaty mascot costume, with no past, no responsibilities, and total anonymity in their sweaty costumed actions.

if they were self-regulating on the whole sex pervert thing the fursuits would be the healthiest coping strategy in these sad individuals' arsenals but we all know how well that's gone over

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

dreezy posted:

hello mr. crinkle tell me why

Won't you please tell me why

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

Even as we speak there is a furry couple right now raising their cubs to be just like them

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This has no definite reason to be posted but i always enjoy sharing it:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

deep impact on vhs posted:

idgaf what people jerk it to honestly, as long as you're not hurting anybody (who isn't consenting obviously some people like it rough) it's cool

it's very important to you that people know how much you don't care about something, huh

you may not actually be doth protesting too much but let me tell you, i've seen some people look right past some pretty gnarly poo poo going on where it shouldn't under the pretense of being totally cool with what other people choose to do. Folks that are too in love with the idea of being absolutely fine with what other people are into as long as they're not hurting anybody will hold onto that even if those people do start hurting someone else. you be careful, now.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

like i thought the whole otherkin thing (people who think they're literally a fox/horse/horseshoe crab/whatever trapped in a human's body) was dumb and then i found out about the wonderful world of fictionkin, which are people who think they're literally fictional characters trapped in the bodies of real-life humans and if you tell them that they're hosed in the head then you're a bigot shitlord

idk what happens when two or more people who think they're the same fictional character bump into each other though; it would be awesome if there were these giant screechy slapfights over which one is the real asriel dreemurr or whatever the gently caress

As a child, I had an idea once where every idea you get about some world or character is actually a signal or some poo poo from a different universe where that thing actually exists, so every fictional thing is a reality in an alternate universe because that reality was the origin of the fictional idea to begin with.

as an adult, i have seen people with a similar idea turn it into a form of self-induced mental illness

this makes me feel kind of like a post-holocaust german trying his best to never be a nazi at all, but with insanity

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I know which post you're responding to and would like to know why you quoted that bit instead.

and this entire thread started with a post on imgur of someone going "HEY GENERAL PUBLIC, I'M HORNY FOR A CARTOON ANIMAL, ISN'T THAT JUST CRAZY HA HA HA?" which is one the the top 50 perennial comments on that site so 'privacy of their own homes' was never really the topic at hand

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I mean why did you quote the completely unrelated holocaust joke located in an entirely different post and not something from the post you were addressing

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

phasmid posted:

I'm confused now.

why? would you lose interest if she lost the ears and the carrot? you think a hot chick in a stupid costume is still a hot chick. this isn't red rocket science.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

HEy everyone, I',m a 30s year old enjoyer of childrens media such as my little pony, the undertale game, and the one show that tyried to suicide a girl who drew a character as the wrong kind of fatness, but, I just wanna say, Im not part of that furry poo poo, and you better believe that after spending several hundreds of hours of my life on line chumming with people who want to fr*ck the 3d rabbit, well, those people are messed up in the brain and i want nothing to do with them

what up, man

how you been

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

why do you have to talk to them?

i'll take this one

we didn't know they wanted to gently caress that rabbit. The treehouse where all these escapades took place had a big flashing NO FURRIES sign over the door but half the people that came in were furries anyway because furries have very poor manners and etc. and one day they just unplugged the sign and there was only a low, sad fart of objection from everyone else

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
50 tolerance super-points to the next man in this thread to say furries are cool and good!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Three-Phase posted:

:gonk: But seriously for certain industries (and I think the military too) there is some PPE that you need to wear that's very heavy and very hot. I was wearing the thermal equivalent to a winter snowsuit (level-2 arc flash jumpsuit with a flame-retardant balaclava and hardhat) in a 90-degree industrial building to connect up monitoring equipment for commissioning on a live system. I can only imagine that's what wearing something like that is like. You're covered in sweat, you're exhausted, and you stink pretty terribly. (Still beats having your body engulfed in plasma and having your clothing burn to your skin.)

That makes me think - could a lithium-ion battery, like the ones from a power drill, be able to run a compact personal air conditioner?

They have cold water pumps that fit the condenser in a backpack. They run tubing through a big outfit. Usually only used for stage performers in Broadway poo poo where they're gonna be in there for hours and a lot of money is on the line.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

lol why are you so angry that other people are happy

why do you take it at total face value when people tell you that they're happy

none of them are even telling you that they're happy. you have no connection to these people beyond what you've seen on the internet. you see them doing something bizarre, assume that they would only do that because they enjoy it, and assume that since they're doing something they must enjoy then they must be happy

these assumptions are wrong

you do not have a sound reason to believe these people are happy

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

GBS Discovers, The Nicomachean Ethics!

i don't know what that means but the dumbass with the hyena 'tar just gets a jolly from being more accepting than thou and the excuse he invented for it in this here case was full of poo poo

symbolic posted:

if you haven't noticed, this has already become a honeypot

there is a pony doll watching me type this

it judges me, and finds me wanting

will the mods agree?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

quick q are you actually congenitally retarded

assuming a loud and echoing "YES" because of how bad your posting is

No;

you.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Three-Phase posted:

And the lights. I remember as a child being on stage for just a short Christmas concert, and when all the lights were turned on you could really feel it.

From my time hanging and pointing lights like that, you'd get 3 1000W to 1500W lamps per 20 square feet. Two in front, one from behind. It's honestly surprising that the rest of a theater can be dark with that many lumens flying around.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Bundle of Keys posted:

Ok, so when xXbunnyfuckerXx makes a tweet or whatever about the cartoon rabbit

Why are you following xXbunnyfuckerXx in the first place? That makes you a furry. Argument invalid. NEXT.
:goonsay:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

mdm posted:

What was the movie?? tribute.avi?

it's dot wmv you useless sack of bitch

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

mdm posted:

I dunno tribute.avi has more google search results and SAclopedia references both

I always knew it as tribute.avi

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=134

no

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

glad we got the guy who had the fbi called on his terrible gbs posting here to clear this meme inaccuracy up

so you HAVE been habitually keeping up with my every GBS post

enough games, shootaloo. i also know that you don't even play that game anymore. are we gonna make out or what

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

you post bad. you smell bad. i want to pour a beer on your head and into your computer

i'll have you know that i smell wonderful

I even loving floss, motherfucker

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

every time i post in gbs you quote me like i think you're not the creepiest motherfucker i have known on the internet

I understand. After what we've seen, it can take time for everything to settle. It can take years before you really understand what happened, and why you made the choices you did.

When you're ready to talk, you know where to find me. I just want you to know that as long as I'm around that door will always be open.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

what is wrong with your brain

stop responding after i say something weird goddammit

i will have the final weird word on this and that's final

if i buy you the gift cert will you change back to your funny avatar? I think it has more staying power than Lesser Dog.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

I am happier to be alive than you are.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
There were easily 50 people with avatars from the show, though, so a lot of people started seeing ponies next to posts for a while.

Why are we talking about this

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Where have you people taken this thread