Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

so if you do it right does it make a glorious fart sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

but not fireproof

chlorine gas works wonders, too

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i agree, what bothers me most about sexualized cartoon animals is the unrealistic anatomy

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Honestly expected more than one sexy bunny to be posted in this thread by now.

i found some sexy bunnies :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzirfrSn_KQ

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hello, my
pronouns are
piss • cunts

my pronouns are
<an earth-shattering fart> • <an earth-shattering fart>

use authentic farts or you're misgendering me bigots

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

i like that they needed a rule for this

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

looked down upon by the furries
how has it come to this
*shits diaper*

that's a furry thing; no matter how much of a fuckup you are you find comfort in the fact that you're not one of those other furries who somehow manage to be even more hosed up than you

if you're a furry then at least you're not a furry who shits diapers, if you're a furry who shits diapers then at least you're not a furry who rapes animals, and so on until you get to the ones who only find comfort in the fact that they're not chris-chan

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

I Greyhound posted:

A lot of references to Oklacon, let's see what happened there:

i keep noticing a pattern with these furry convention shutdowns, i.e. all it takes is one hero getting the venue's attention and duly informing them of what actually goes on at furry conventions, leading said venue to panic and disengage as quickly as possible

there was one time when all it took was an awful link of the day post and the hotel contacted somethingawful to notify them that the event had been killed: http://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/foxmas-furry-relocated/

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

deep impact on vhs posted:

rainfurrest actually had to close down because furries ruined it lol

http://orrery.prismaticmedia.com/2016/02/20/rainfurrest-2016-post-mortem/

tl;dr: furries get con, furries ruin con by being morons, con tries to find new hotel, con can't find new hotel, con dead

i liked the statistic that rainfurrest consistently caused more damage and destruction than every other event that took place at the hotel that year combined

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

Multiple board members responded by saying that if we made the harassment policy any more concrete, we’d be tying the hands of any future chair of RainFurrest who wanted to work things out informally between the people involved, and we would enforce bans on socially awkward individuals who just didn’t know the rules

gotta let spergs be spergs

a friend of mine once wound up working on a furry convention's website and registration software poo poo, which led to him being at a furry convention

he talked once about a guy who outright groped him and then said he couldn't help himself because :spergin:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

deep impact on vhs posted:

this is entirely anecdotal but i've met a lot of furries at various conferences/meetups (a ton of them work in STEM fields) and i'm friends with a bunch of them, and they're all pretty normal

i mean yeah there's the furry thing and some of them are suiters but if we go and get dinner or drinks they don't sperg out or anything

i might actually go to a con with them just for the experience and because i guess furries know how to party and just pack suitcases full of loving booze

counterpoint:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I can't believe rainfurrest is cancelled this year because the hotel from last year doesn't want to deal with any of this anymore

they did find another hotel in a different city and then one of the attendees from the previous year emailed the new hotel with all the details of what had gone down to get rainfurrest thrown out, resulting in the new hotel's general manager killing the event, demanding that rainfurrest remove all mention of his hotel's name from their site, and cc'ing his ceo lollll

there's just so much hilarity in that blogpost and the writer does so much to dance around the fact that there were adult men running around in diapers making GBS threads everywhere

quote:

That was the state of affairs until early December, when we’d exhausted every venue in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellevue that could fit us. We contacted eight sites, and every one of them said no. Not all of them said it for the same reason, but they all turned us down. We stopped looking at bigger venues around November and started looking for any place that could fit eight hundred people. We even reached out to the hotel where we ran the very first RF, next door to our previous venue. The general manager of that facility turned us down and told our hotel liaison flat out that we needed to lay low for a while to let the memory of what happened at RF2015 die down, because venues talked to each other and a lot of places knew about what happened.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 7, 2016

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

from what I've seen posted here gooncamp had pretty much the same issues furry cons have

got destroyed by gross loud loving in the middle of the camp: check

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Das Boo posted:

The best Freudian slip.

I'm just super uncomfortable with the idea of being surrounded by men who don't understand/respect consent, like you said. Being admired can be nice, but the meat analogy is spot-on. It feels goddamn dangerous.

Edit: That said, I get that I don't get it, and that's good.

there was indeed a reported sexual assault at the furry convention that people keep talking about so uh

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Maybe you should make your fursona something spiky like a hedgehog or a porcupine.

furries being furries, she could probably make her fursona a blobfish and she'd still get gross people lining up asking Boo-Chan to please put a cigarette out on their bare flesh

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
as the silos part i imagine they are mouths, the earth opening one thousand pairs of lips and screaming to heaven for justice

as the air grows chokingly thick with the heat and fumes of solid-fuel propellant, i think of north america, strangling itself -- no, strangling the whole world -- with the waste and filth of the corruption that has spread there

as the icbms lift into the sky i bow my head and pray to God that the warheads will bring the light of His judgment to our brothers across the sea

allah ackbar, furries

allah ackbar

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

Is it ok or even possible to enjoy things without wanting to gently caress it? I mean, if SA is truth nothing is safe from freaks wanting to gently caress it, share their loving, and turn it to be all about loving.

it goes beyond SA; rule 34 is one of the horrible, immutable truths of the internet, and indeed of the human race

i want to think that the ancient greek tradition of the satyr play was a joking acknowledgment of this and an attempt to defuse the urge to sexualize that which should not be sexualized: after completing a particularly emotional tragedy, the players would return to the stage costumed as half-man, half-goat creatures with giant fake penises, and would perform the tragedy again except all the characters were raping each other

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Man, you should check out some of the murals of Ancient Rome. Art of guys with huge dicks on scales against pouches of gold and rants of some dude angry about some other guy loving his wife. People have always been weird about sex.

those are good; one of my favorites is still the sign over a door detailing the varying ways the homeowner would rape different kinds of burglars

but yes, on the subject of people being weird about sex, one of my favorite examples of that is what happened to the greek mythological tale of leda and the swan, e.g. the story where zeus turns himself into a swan and rapes a woman

from wikipedia:

quote:

The subject undoubtedly owed its sixteenth-century popularity to the paradox that it was considered more acceptable to depict a woman in the act of copulation with a swan than with a man. The earliest depictions show the pair love-making with some explicitness—more so than in any depictions of a human pair made by artists of high quality in the same period.

The fate of the erotic album I Modi some years later shows why this was so. The theme remained a dangerous one in the Renaissance, as the fates of the three best known paintings on the subject demonstrate. The earliest depictions were all in the more private medium of the old master print, and mostly from Venice. They were often based on the extremely brief account in the Metamorphoses of Ovid (who does not imply a rape), though Lorenzo de' Medici had both a Roman sarcophagus and an antique carved gem of the subject, both with reclining Ledas.

The earliest known explicit Renaissance depiction is one of the many woodcut illustrations to Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, a book published in Venice in 1499. This shows Leda and the Swan making love with gusto, despite being on top of a triumphal car, being pulled along and surrounded by a considerable crowd. An engraving dating to 1503 at the latest, by Giovanni Battista Palumba, also shows the couple in coitus, but in deserted countryside. Another engraving, certainly from Venice and attributed by many to Giulio Campagnola, shows a love-making scene, but there Leda's attitude is highly ambiguous. Palumba made another engraving in about 1512, presumably influenced by Leonardo's sketches for his earlier composition, showing Leda seated on the ground and playing with her children.

we are doomed as a species

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

i don't know I DON'T KNOW oh god i can hear them move and throb and glare

this is how tulpas are born, the fragility of the human mind has defeated you, you can feel the cracks spreading, ever wider, ever deeper, until the fissure parts your consciousness in two and one half gazes hollowly into your crazed eyes, and whispers one word: rape

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i still have to wonder what causes people to obsessively wear diapers and poo poo in them

like, is that the only time they ever received any attention as toddlers

were they so deprived and neglected that making GBS threads themselves was the only way to hold off the sensation of total abandonment by their parents

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i miss the days when people who thought they were jesus or w/e were simply locked up instead of being allowed to get on tumblr and network with hordes of idiots just like them

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
like i thought the whole otherkin thing (people who think they're literally a fox/horse/horseshoe crab/whatever trapped in a human's body) was dumb and then i found out about the wonderful world of fictionkin, which are people who think they're literally fictional characters trapped in the bodies of real-life humans and if you tell them that they're hosed in the head then you're a bigot shitlord

idk what happens when two or more people who think they're the same fictional character bump into each other though; it would be awesome if there were these giant screechy slapfights over which one is the real asriel dreemurr or whatever the gently caress

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Shaquin posted:

Ah yeah that's a photo realistic digitally drawn horse cock but im just loving these horse arts it's pure as the driven snow

odd because every time i run into furry poo poo the artist just drew a nude human figure, colored it weird, then stuck a cartoon animal head and other poo poo on it

it's like how comic book superheroes are drawn, only even lazier

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 11, 2016

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
bonnet made out of coffee filters, dress made out of trash bags

can't fault him/her/it for resourcefulness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
see one of the biggest issues i have with furries is their inability to keep their poo poo to themselves

idk what it is -- maybe part of the fetishism of furries is being noticed by people for how hosed up they are, or maybe there's an intense, nagging doubt in their minds that they compensate for by demanding attention and acceptance from random strangers

either way tho furries have a pronounced habit of shouting their fetish from the rooftops and exposing as many random people as possible to cartoon animal penis, and that crosses a line beyond weird into pathological

• Locked thread