Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the rabbit on the basketball just pooped

Hurray, Furry: The Movie!

It's gonna beat Deadpool, but I'm willing to bet there's a fair amount of people who like both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

From the article:
"In the case of Zootopia, furries’ bad rap is underserving. It might seem like furries are just so twisted that they’ve adopted an innocent children’s movie for their own sick gratification. But in reality, Disney purposely is being a knot-tease."

1. loving gross.
2. Disney knows exactly what they're doing here.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

chlorine gas works wonders, too

When that happened, I laughingly related it to some coworkers. They did not think it was funny. But then again, they're mostly anime weirdos so whatever.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
You say that when we elect the first furry sheriff/governor/senator and they start writing bills that allow yiffing in public and teaching Disney as historical fact in schools and retconning Greek mythology so everybody's an anime.

You say that then.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sleeveless posted:

I found GBS' fursuit

This is a sad day for Dixie. A sad day for the world.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

papa_november posted:

zootopia probably happened because some disney exec sat down for a three martini lunch with a hasbro exec and the hasbro exec started talking about how they were able to take advantage of a strange demographic oddity. he described how they made oodles of cash off of a disposable Hub show that was aimed at 4-10 year old girls but would up being popular with 13-50 year old boys instead. the high-margin t-shirts and hoodies bought by the 13-50 year old boys at hot topic proved even more profitable than the low-margin figures sold at toys r' us to the 4-10 year old girls and every quarter since has been a blowout

the disney exec headed back to work, got someone on the phone, and said "remember that robin hood cartoon we did in the 70s? the one with the weird fans? lets make another one of those. no i haven't lost my mind this is going to make us a boatload of cash"

in short, disney is attempting to tame the monster that they have created because:

I agree with this overall premise, but I think social media is probably the driving force of this thing. Now that furries can livechat with total-not-furry artists who work at Disney/Pixar, there's constant feedback. All you've got to do after that is look at how much these people drop on merchandise at independent websites and fuckin' cha-ching! you're looking at a whole line of these movies. Count on it.

Pththya-lyi posted:

:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJOE_Kr-mk:nms:

Full disclosure: I watched this cartoon when I was a child and enjoyed it, but now I find it creepy
Same goes for the furlesque scene in Great Mouse Detective. Smut. Smut, I say!

Never thought I'd hate Clara Bow, but then they made her a drat mink.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Zootopia is a movie by and for furries. Let's just be on record with that.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Poz my neg chu

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

If you go down far enough on the comments (past the bunny who wants you to sit on the toilet with him), there's a link to a music video about a furry strip club that loses its noir element the instant the main cat pops his letterman collar. Which, now that I think about it, do letterman jackets usually even have collars?

Said post was made by someone who thinks Zootopia - ostensibly a "family" movie - being marketed to furries is "awesome". And yes, I watched it most of the way through and it was just what you'd imagine. Stylistically okay, but the cheap flash animation was a bit off-putting, to say nothing of the subject matter.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
In all seriousness, this can only go so far before this poo poo is criminalized. Once these kids start going to relatives funerals in fur because THIS IS WHO I AM MOM AND DAD GOD or start yiffing at their jobs, we will begin loading them on to trains. We will ship them to Orlando. We will build a fence for the bad, bad baby furs. And if they leave the perimeter, we will shred them with machinegun fire.

Like, maybe not that exact scenario, but I bet Marriott isn't going to host them much longer. Then they can have these meetings in the sewer, with all the dirty poop they adore so.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Haha. Of course there's already crossover art between this obscure music video and Furry Movie. She looks so depressed. Maybe she'll quit this gig and go to Quantico and learn that the enemy is her.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's not really funny anymore, it's just kind of nauseating.

I woke up hungover and this thread actually made me puke. Just hit me at the right moment I guess.

Dandywalken posted:

Next Hitman game should have the same hotel as in that one hotel mission in an earlier game, but this time its hosting a furcon.

Don't give great ideas away. Sell that poo poo to eidos. EA. Whoever owns that franchise at this point.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Wait a sec. I thought Disney owned Pixar.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Putty posted:

Disney owns multiple animation studios

I know. It's just that people were making a distinction between the two when in reality Disney calls the shots on what gets made and how.

They are releasing something like twelve movies in the next two years. It's amazing to me that people are hungry for this crap.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I like how there's this group of people who try to compare Furries to neolithic animists. "Nuh uh, people have been dressing in animal skins and yiffing ever since Clan of the Cave Bear! Checkmate, haters!"

Furries are weird, maladjusted adults with the mentality of children. Simple.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
There's a big difference between having to make your clothes out of animals since fabrics were rudimentary at best. Since you didn't want to walk around wearing wicker furniture as a vest, you kill a few 'yotes and bash a few rabbits or maybe just one small bear and huzzah! Now you don't have to worry about freezing your nuts off every night you walk away from the big fire.

Laboring over a sewing machine for weeks to make yourself into babs bunny is not anything like that. Especially not if you have sex in the costume.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Oh, mother, you know not what you do.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Herman Cain literally quoted a pokemon movie in a speech when he ran for president.

He always looked like he was about to eat the weakest thing in the room.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Some Fursuits are pretty advanced in terms of animatronics or artistic merit. The quality ones are on par with Jim Henson Company mascot suits. It's interesting to me. :shrug:

It's just a shame that they're inextricably linked to this.

I'm sorry dude, but I didn't trust your post before I saw your av and it's definitely not helping your cause.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Once mass starvation kicks off in the western hemisphere I think we'll see this kind of thing vanish pretty quickly.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mange Mite posted:

This is why im voting Trump 2016

E's gonna get a big rally going and give us all clubs to chase those bunnies, then we'll chase all the bunnies into a yuge hole and he'll get the bunnies to dig it for us!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

deep impact on vhs posted:

idgaf what people jerk it to honestly, as long as you're not hurting anybody (who isn't consenting obviously some people like it rough) it's cool

But as with other kinks, doing the furry thing in public because it's "who you are" isn't exactly a good idea. Like any other group that has a code of solidarity, it's only a matter of time before the real trouble seeps in. This is one of those things where so many bad stories accumulate it ceases to be apocrypha and becomes a time-tested stereotype. Like how polyamorous people are usually unhinged drama bombs set to go off in high-density areas, e.g. the judicial system/social media/xmas parties.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I think you might've confused my post with his. It's cool though. Everybody in the thread seems to be more or less on the same page.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I'm confused now.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Can your fursona be a rock? Like, just a completely indifferent rock? And can you throw it at the base of a furry's neck when they take their fox helmet off? And can you get away with a misdemeanor?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

symbolic posted:

well this thread has reached rock loving bottom

It's a furry thread. There's nowhere but down.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Whole Internet posted:

no the problem is that everyone talks about sex and turn-ons in certain situations, and that's a normal thing that well adjusted adults do. but some idiots can't tell the difference between casually mentioning you're into furry stuff when asked, vs forcibly showing someone your entire yiff folder while screaming fursecution.

there are idiots who react to the first one as if it's the second one (generally goons who have issues of their own) and there are idiots who do legitimately take it too far pushing their fetish

that second group of idiots is way smaller than the group complaining about them

I prefer to lump them all together because I don't believe there are non-sex fetish furries. Normal adults do not crawl around in public spaces trying to solicit head/stomach rubs.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

probably that the tattoo is just as weird as his chest cavity

IIRC there's a small fetish niche for people with those, too.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Fantastic.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
All the furries in this thread tryin ta derail the fact that this is the Furry Movie. We know your tricks, guys. You've been trying to build your little ground zero mosque here in gbs for the last decade. WELL HELL, NO. YOU CAN'T. I WON'T LET YOU!

You get a rolled up newspaper on the snout and then I hide your diapers under a bus.

Also, what's with all the ironic (?) furry/nazi stuff. That's been around forever and I still don't get it. I imagine LNF could enlighten me, but anyone else who can help clarify would be appreciated.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I love Blacksad and despise furries, but that's because Blacksad is well-written noir with compelling characters and furries look like retarded pokemon. If you can watch an old Disney movie for nostalgia (I don't) it doesn't make you a furry. Dressing like a furry and yiffing with furries makes you a furry.

Also watching Zootopia makes you a furry sympathizer. By Yakuza rules, you should have to cut off part of your little finger just for watching it, but then I'm sure the Japanese are all over this movie.

Troposphere posted:

men are icky :(

Well, I never.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

one of the early stages of denial

So is your fetish like shearing fur and forcing non-foxes into gas showers, or do you just wear black diapers with the Schutzstaffel bolts on 'em? Because I admire your candor posting on these forums and lament the ironic fate that means we're one day going to have to round all of your kind up and put them in camps.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The White Dragon posted:

are you kidding? immortal chairman trump loves furries, they spend tons of money on frivolous poo poo, which makes them more american than most americans

Their monies and assets will rescind to the Treasury Dept. Only wholesome normal nazi fetishism will occur in Trump's America.

Do I dare to look this up? I remember seeing it earlier in the thread, but I don't think I wanna know.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

gas showers aren't good snuff. and no i don't like shearing or diapers either what is wrong with you for assuming this

Perhaps you are not as literal of a Nazi furry as I was to believe, mein herr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

were nazis into wearing black diapers

Yes. Duh. Re-read Shirer's Rise and Fall ffs.

• Locked thread