Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

amityville anus posted:

Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction that Disney doesn’t know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing.

zootopia probably happened because some disney exec sat down for a three martini lunch with a hasbro exec and the hasbro exec started talking about how they were able to take advantage of a strange demographic oddity. he described how they made oodles of cash off of a disposable Hub show that was aimed at 4-10 year old girls but wound up being popular with 13-50 year old boys instead. the high-margin t-shirts and hoodies bought by the 13-50 year old boys at hot topic proved even more profitable than the low-margin figures sold at toys r' us to the 4-10 year old girls and every quarter since has been a blowout

the disney exec headed back to work, got someone on the phone, and said "remember that robin hood cartoon we did in the 70s? the one with the weird fans? lets make another one of those. no i haven't lost my mind this is going to make us a boatload of cash"

in short, disney is attempting to tame the monster that they have created because:

Toadvine posted:

Disposable income is disposable income. Furries have it Disney want it

Slow-Scan Shep fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You thought about this a lot. Why?
it's what we do here. at the Something Awful Forums.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

symbolic posted:

it seems to be not just a furcon, but also a diapercon as well

in which case i reiterate my point: kill this dead gay earth

nah, just a furry con that lost any will to rein in it's problem attendants whatsoever. it's defunct now.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Zzulu posted:

Is this the future you imagined when u were kids?
Instead of awesome cyberpunks or flying cars, we kind of just got weirdos in cartoon fetish suits who like to bark when they get sodomized?
and that's like, one of the least disagreeable parts

all in all this is the worst cyberpunk dystopia ever

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

I Greyhound posted:

A lot of references to Oklacon, let's see what happened there:
i suspect oklacon would have continued if they handed over the attendance list (like any other con would have done discreetly, "integrity" be damned), but the people running it likely had something to hide and spun it off as just being too drat proud of themselves

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

error1 posted:

I wanted to make a happy post about how Zootopia is such a cool movie that I've seen it twice in the cinemas but I feel like this maybe isn't the best place for it after the thread lost its innocence in a foul smelling dark alley :smith:
movie furry, so what

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

having known and interacted with both groups of people, i can definitively say for absolute certain that furries and goons are exactly equally terrible

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

for every peter bower there is a morally inept
for every adam wan there is a gi joe dirtbag
for every tora there is an aatrek

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Pitdragon posted:

why did this forum stop purging furries again?
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/644935440613543936

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

It's p. cool that so many people are in denial of bi/pansexuals that the entire "jailhouse gay" thing has sprung up to rationalize how dudes can gently caress other dudes while also liking ladies.
you weren't on portal of evil back in the early 2ks, were you
this is not something that just "sprung up", it was part of the whole narrative from the very beginning

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

sergals began as a rape joke, then the creator saw where the 4chan side of the subculture took them and sanded some of the edge off

every made-up furry species has hosed-up sexual politics built right in, just in case that wasn't obvious

no

Slow-Scan Shep fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 15, 2016

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

ok sure, they didn't begin as a rape joke. they began as a j-furry doin' his weird thing and for reasons that are forever buried now 4chan took it and ran with it

the creator did change a bunch of stuff later on though, and after that the anon crowd lost interest

i do stand by the "every made-up furry species has hosed-up sexual politics built right in" comment though because of things like chakats and the citra origin story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

That Robot posted:

so what is the deal with nazi furries? is it done ironically or LF-style "ironic" irony?
both, plus a dollup of uniform fetishism

• Locked thread