Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 15, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yep, that looks fuckin' rad.

Radillac.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yep, looks awesome.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

this truck

is a good truck

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Even if you didn't remove the badges and black out the rest, those headlamps still would have looked great on their own

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
That is one nice looking truck. Good job.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I was holding off on judgment earlier but with these headlights, this truck is tits. 9/10 would drive if it was Suburban size

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 12, 2016

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

Fun fact, there were 3 versions of escalade during this time period, the regular tahoe based one, the avalanche based one (EXT) and a suburban based one (ESV). The latter two were on a seperate chassis along with the yukon xl which is a modified full size truck chassis. The Escalade ESV is sadly the only one without the optional 8.1l engine. God knows why, It probably would have sold like hotcakes.

I never understood that engine.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its a modern big block chevy that was updated and for truck use instead of developing a 10 cylinder sbc motor for people who wanted a gas powered high torque option instead of going for a chevy with a diesel which hadn't proved to be the best of options in that time period. Its existence ends with the death of the gmt800 vehicles which could be attributed to emissions, the duramax's teething issues being largely worked out and a wider acceptance of diesel powered trucks being for things other than farm trucks.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I love your haphazard efforts to obfuscate the license plate depending on which post it is ;)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I think you would up the terror quotient even a bit more with a plain black grill replacement, sans the caddy logo. Headlights are great!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

I think you would up the terror quotient even a bit more with a plain black grill replacement, sans the caddy logo. Headlights are great!

Personally I think it would look better with a smoked Cadillac logo on the grill. It needs just a little bit of color and class.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Or yeah, something with just a little contrast, agree

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
a black and grey Ford emblem just to confuse people

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

atomicthumbs posted:

a black and grey Ford emblem just to confuse people

If you're going to do that, go all out with a carbon fiber roundel.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I agree, bring back the logo on the grill, a little contrast just underlines that the rest is blaaaaack.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love the blacked out Caddy logo. Goves people looking at it an extra oh poo poo moment.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

bolind posted:

I agree, bring back the logo on the grill, a little contrast just underlines that the rest is blaaaaack.

I agree. A tiny bit of bling in a sea of darkness.

Reacon
Feb 17, 2013

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Wicked truck. Making me think of nabbing myself one.

I liked it better without the roof rack though.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I personally like the roof rack because it hints that you could indeed be preparing for the end of the world...

*edit: also I've only just noticed the weird window shape on the rear doors. Huh. Wonder why they decided not to follow the roofline like the other windows.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
straight pipe.do it.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
no roof rack makes you look like a cop imo

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Votin' roof rack. A roof rack is useful, and it also reflects the comfy-inside-tough-outside nature of this truck.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Who cares what it looks like, it's functional. If you're not gonna use it then take it off.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

leica posted:

Who cares what it looks like, it's functional. If you're not gonna use it then take it off.

A second for this. Plus that roof-rack is too small/tiny for that truck. Get something legit bighuge, or leave it off.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My point is if you were planning on actually using it, why the gently caress would you take it off just because you don't like the way it looks? It's not like it makes a huge difference aesthetically.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Also safari roof rack brO! Where you gonna store your Jet Ski accessories?

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I think it looks better without the roof rack.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
needs more antennas

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Without gets my vote. I've never really used a roof rack for anything before though and haven't needed one.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fuelslt1 posted:

That's exactly why I would take it off.

Edit: Just like why I took off the running boards & badges.

Yes because badges are functional.

I don't think you get what I'm saying but it's your truck so knock yourself out.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Larrymer posted:

Without gets my vote. I've never really used a roof rack for anything before though and haven't needed one.

I love the roof rack on my Envoy. Used it twice already -- once for a 12' Christmas tree and last week for a 12' A-frame ladder. Either of those would have been difficult, if not impossible, to transport otherwise.

Edit: But then again, that means using it for something, so take it off, I guess.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 16, 2016

Sehnsucht
Aug 2, 2003
Damn you and your daily doubles you brigand!
I rarely post anymore but you've made an Escalade into a non-MomUV and it looks incredibly sexy. Great work.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I really like the truck. I agree the grill needs something.

I think one of these might look cool if you could figure out a way to make it work:

• Locked thread