Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakkles
May 5, 2003

The only right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Why would you tint a lightbar? :psyduck:
I considered doing it to mine to hide it better (it's mounted behind the bumper), but ended up deciding it wasn't worth losing the light output. Which is good, because no one notices it anyway.

Hey OP: Maybe put a couple smaller lightbars behind the grill? This hides them pretty effectively, and doesn't diminish light output as much as tint probably would. Or get that Rigid Midnight edition, that would work too.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Likewise, I've got several eBay special LED bars and they've all worked very well - brightness comparable to the Rigid bars of similar size, good beam pattern, good build quality.

Light bars aren't at all something I'd recommend brand name for.

• Locked thread