Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

cyberia posted:

So there's this restaurant in Shoreditch called Clove Club that, for some inscrubtable reason, serves their fried chicken in a basket full of pine needles:

This is some obnoxiously Nathan Barley poo poo right here, did you have to scan your finger to order?

"egg and fish". why even bother living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I tried searching for a "let's take vegan recipes and make them edible" type blog but all I found was the suggestion to add weed to it which works, I guess.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Frosty Jack Cider. I remember when my student union had to keep reducing the price of this poo poo to get rid of it. It tastes like what I imagine paint thinner tastes like. I think it was the only drink they had that came in a plastic bottle.

Slátur, or blood pudding. So lumpy!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Thanks for this, whenever I find myself agonizing over the fact that I can't get Pickled Onion Monster Munch since I left the UK I'll just look at these pictures and maybe feel a bit better I guess :(

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

An island of loose corn in a disturbingly shiny sea.

actually, it's kind of bringing back memories of those Morning Star vegetarian "ribs" that I ate when I hated myself more:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

This is the stupidest thing ever, I love it. I am also still not sure what it is.

And oh look, there's a mason jar drink in the background. This picture has everything!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

hoppy easter

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Ho ho who else hosed up holiday food?

This Christmas I accidentally poisoned my family (ok one other person) with my cooking and undercooked a beef tenderloin. It was okay and fixable when it comes to use for sandwiches later but whenever we cut into it it splorched red everywhere and that's just not on.

I also recently thought of these shrimp salad sandwiches that my mom used to make when I was a kid in Iceland. This is the least appetizing picture I could find on the internet but this still looks way better than hers:

That had way more seasoning and ingredients than what I ate. It would be cold shrimp cut from a bag and plopped in a drainer but somehow still wet, tossed into some mayonnaise and maybe if I was lucky there would be some paprika or pepper or oh poo poo both but not salt because that wasn't ~healthy~. There wouldn't be the insulating layer of butter on the bread so the bread would be soggy as gently caress and disintegrated by the time you finished.

It's weird, I love almost all of my mom's other cooking but she is not good with non-chicken meat :smith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I can't find an appropriately depressing picture but our school would sometimes have really watery custard for dessert. It wasn't served with anything, they just sloshed it into one of the sections of the tray and that was it. One kid got two tray sections of custard at once and spent the rest of lunch time just shovelling it into his mouth at top speed and it was splashing everywhere and he got in trouble for making a huge mess. It was over 20 years ago and I remember the sad thin custard but little else. :smith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

HALK SMUSH :3:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cavenagh posted:

Fixed.

Kale recipe now needs must follow else the chain is broken:

Take one kale. Shred it finely. Deep fry it. Toss with dried shrimp powder, brown sugar and salt. And that's how you make crispy seaweed.

Yesssss I miss crispy seaweed so much! I've tried to make it a few times and didn't realize shrimp powder was the missing ingredient. Thanks, friend :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Finally found the pickle seasoning but it only comes in packs for 4 and 26 (??) so I guess I’m going to have a pantry full of pickle powder now.

Also I finally tried spam musubi thanks to this thread. It was delicious but holy poo poo i think I can maybe eat it twice a year, tops.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Bacon should not be hard and brittle or limp and floppy. It should be firm, but pliable.

Ugh, yes. My ex's dad would overcook bacon to the point where it would shatter when you bit into or cut it.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Yessss. Give me your liquid Christmas trees :krakken:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

God, I miss pork pies so much. I forgot to get one when I went back to the UK last year but at least I got my pickled onion Monster Munch!