Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

We should start an Apocalypse Cooking Show and feature poo poo like this. Foods with shelf lifes of 10+ years and the awesome recipes to cook with them. Can someone think of a way to make a flourless carrot cake out of 10 year old carrots and raisins?

Hideo Kojima already beat you to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgCNDny2uk

You gotta be good to your body. Loyal to your body. The people you're cooking for.

The whole family.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alter Ego posted:

:psyduck: What the...how the gently caress would you lift that to your face?

You wouldn't, you'd just eat the individual components. Oversized food is a really dumb idea in practice.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

Here's the lovecraftian food I came to this thread for. Is that "too much cheese" or is it like some kind of mysterious application of natto?

It's a pastry called kanafah that's stuffed with too much cheese, covered with noodles, baked, and then drenched in a sweet syrup.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cyberia posted:

Tiggum and I are both from Australia so maybe it's a regional thing?

You mean... people pronounce things differently depending on where they're from ??

content:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loving gum commercials, I swear

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

I just know that my foodservice certification courses gave a green-light to less done steaks because of the "surface of the meat" thing, while still being super serious about chicken and pork.

Pork's actually fine these days, it's held to the same safety standard as beef. 145 degrees internal temperature, and it's okay to eat raw so long as you know it's clean. The only reason to be worried about it is if you're eating wild game.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gentle pete posted:

There's no description for the last one so I'm going to assume it's some kind of cum cracker.

It looks like maybe some sort of bready biscuit thing, marinara, and (fake) melted cheese?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brawnfire posted:

Is there... glitter? In this?

Also useful for making hats

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Everything posted lately looks slimy.

Why, I don't know what you're talking about

It's a yogurt experiment

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

Chocolate chips are amazing. Fuckin' chip fondue, let's do it, I don't care.

Try crumbling some chips over a slice of chocolate cake :eng101:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the poorly photoshopped literally everything

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Where can I buy this

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PB&M

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I'm not against that in theory, but with that much mustard you wouldn't even taste the peanut butter.

Solution: more peanut butter.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SC Bracer posted:

A means to afp.

I'd like to point out that the rapid ramen cooker claims to be healthy because it reduces the sodium by 50%. How is this accomplished, you might ask?

by telling you to use half the flavoring packet

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TINY T-REX ARMS posted:

Does Publix have the weird cult following that Wegman's does because holy gently caress, Upstate New Yorkers LOVE Wegman's.

Some random guy on an internet forum decided out of nowhere to tell somebody how much he pities them for not knowing how super great Publix is.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It's called an Americano

As for why it's DIY, :iiam:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Polyseme posted:

e: I skimped on the more sauerkraut bit, because there wasn't much left, and I wasn't sure if the jalapeņos and onions were supposed to be cooked. Are they normally cooked when on hot dogs?

Not normally, but they can be if you want to get fancy

e: well, for the onions at least. Jalapenos should always be pickled

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, this is a thing. School lunch is a total shitshow, but they do offer various sides that resemble a starch or vegetable. Sometimes there's even salad.

It's still a garbage meal, but the reason the program exists in its modern incarnation is mostly to provide an affordable meal to children from impoverished backgrounds. The National School Lunch Program was signed into effect in 1946 in response to the sheer gigantic number of military volunteers who were rejected for World War 2 due to stunted growth and other issues caused by childhood malnutrition. Of course, this being America instead of France, the budget is cut to a bare minimum and we get weird handwaving on things like, "Yeah, this ghostly smear of tomato sauce is totally a serving of vegetables."

Good school lunches are the quickest, cheapest and easiest way of getting grades up across the entire board, so naturally we can't have that here

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding posted:

That last one's a Hungry Man or something, doesn't count :colbert:

What's your favorite lovely frozen food? I'm really partial to those beer-battered fish "fillets" from Gorton's

Not really AFP, but I'm sure if I had a time-traveling camera I could take some pretty unappealing pictures of my college student meals that consisted of like one or two of these on top of a giant bowl of rice.

Occasionally I'll get really stoned and eat an entire one of these myself

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simply Simon posted:

I've read that often, and I gotta ask: is it really strange to many of you to eat a whole pizza? Pretty much everyone I know does that, and I don't actually know any fat people including myself, if the question comes up. I'm German if it helps, so maybe our pizzas are inherently smaller or more digestible or whatever, but I can't imagine that. I very often come home, am too lazy to prepare my Butterbrot of choice, so I pop in a pizza, play video games while it gets baked and destroy it completely. Nowadays I tend to share one with my girlfriend, but then usually with salad as a side or I add another bread in an hour.

I'm taking freezer pizza (so ~30 cm diameter?), not Italian restaurant pizza (those can get enormous and while I have eaten whole ones in a single sitting, that didn't feel good most of the time).

Well it's not like it's a difficult feat or anything, it's just shameful.

Oh, and taquitos are another lovely frozen food that I love

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Simply Simon posted:

but whyyyyyyy

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bonster posted:

I call for an explanation.

Or something similar

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DekeThornton posted:

It's flour. Have you people never seen an actual proper loaf of sourdough bread?

I don't know, I see green near the middle there.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I think you missed the AUG thread

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

Sure managed to reel it in and do well in this the thread for people to post unattractive food in at least. Even if it's just one post.

This is just butter, right? Like, somebody's eating butter straight out of the tub?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And pepper, the ancient Romans really liked pepper

quote:

With ships sailing directly to the Malabar coast, black pepper was now travelling a shorter trade route than long pepper, and the prices reflected it. Pliny the Elder's Natural History tells us the prices in Rome around 77 CE: "Long pepper ... is fifteen denarii per pound, while that of white pepper is seven, and of black, four." Pliny also complains "there is no year in which India does not drain the Roman Empire of fifty million sesterces," and further moralizes on pepper:

quote:

It is quite surprising that the use of pepper has come so much into fashion, seeing that in other substances which we use, it is sometimes their sweetness, and sometimes their appearance that has attracted our notice; whereas, pepper has nothing in it that can plead as a recommendation to either fruit or berry, its only desirable quality being a certain pungency; and yet it is for this that we import it all the way from India! Who was the first to make trial of it as an article of food? and who, I wonder, was the man that was not content to prepare himself by hunger only for the satisfying of a greedy appetite? (N.H. 12.14)[24]

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My dad made some tuna salad today, and for some reason he put apples in it. Is this a midwestern thing? Because I don't like it one bit.

I'd take a picture but it's not much to look at.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the watery thin milk

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Breakfast shouldn't come from a can, imo

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

http://i.imgur.com/qOlajRp.webm
http://i.imgur.com/iLvHMOb.webm

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

http://i.imgur.com/bntrLdd.webm

quote:

It's cause you people are staring at him! Quit looking, it's hard to do this when you're not, you know, when you're... You guys, it's just not a friendly environment for this kind of thing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ah yes, my summer favorite -- catfood au beurre.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

worthless. posted:

What is this donut looking thing?

Mostly fondant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Say, PCOS, you found your way to the trump toxx thread yet?

Content:

Cepelinai, a potato dumpling from Lithuania. Yes, I know they're actually good, they just look ugly.

e: bonus tree cake

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 08:18 on May 22, 2016